Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #5 Just a Plain Mean Girl Underneath the Hippie Facade

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nordic tattlers- is sweden as depressing as it looks? Am I just a hater?

Confused as how Rachel went from loathing sweden and bragging about leaving to acting like it’s the best place ever. It looks so damn depressing to me. Granted, I am more of a warm weather/beach person, but it truly seems like there is NOTHING to do out there other than sit on the snow. Is this because ancestral Rachel chose to move to the middle of nowhere? I’d imagine the cities are a bit more lively but most of the country is most empty fields? Educate me please.

She tries really hard to convince her audience that she is happy and thriving there but even she seems extra sad and bored
Nordic tattler here. It depends on your preferences and lifestyle. I live a similar life than Rachel in that sense, I live in the countryside, grow veggies, pick berries, walk in the forest... but this life gives me a lot of joy compared to when I live in a city. I love camping, hiking, picking mushrooms, taking nature photography, knitting, cooking and doing crafts at home, so I really like it here and Sweden is the perfect place if you love the outdoors. It is a bit hard from November to January since it gets dark pretty soon but I also use it as an opportunity to slow down and do all my "indoor" hobbies. For me it's city life what I find depressing.

But if you like city life and live in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö (which is very close to Copenhagen) or any other major city in Sweden they are just like any other city in the world. If you live in the north then yes, it is much more empty and very far from big cities but if you live in the Southern 2/3rds of the country it is like everywhere else I would say. Even though I live "deep" in the forest I have 40 minutes by train to a relatively big city and 1,30 hours to Copenhagen.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Nordic tattler here. It depends on your preferences and lifestyle. I live a similar life than Rachel in that sense, I live in the countryside, grow veggies, pick berries, walk in the forest... but this life gives me a lot of joy compared to when I live in a city. I love camping, hiking, picking mushrooms, taking nature photography, knitting, cooking and doing crafts at home, so I really like it here and Sweden is the perfect place if you love the outdoors. It is a bit hard from November to January since it gets dark pretty soon but I also use it as an opportunity to slow down and do all my "indoor" hobbies. For me it's city life what I find depressing.

But if you like city life and live in Stockholm, Gothenburg, Malmö (which is very close to Copenhagen) or any other major city in Sweden they are just like any other city in the world. If you live in the north then yes, it is much more empty and very far from big cities but if you live in the Southern 2/3rds of the country it is like everywhere else I would say. Even though I live "deep" in the forest I have 40 minutes by train to a relatively big city and 1,30 hours to Copenhagen.
Thank you for the insight! I guess Rachel just makes Sweden seem depressing. She somehow managed to do that with Aruba as well, so I’ll go with that theory

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Lol at Rachel trying to convince us (and herself) that ACTUALLY babies not sleeping through the night is natural and a sign that you are doing things right.

Ok bookie
The problem is consistency. Babies thrive with a consistent schedule and predictable routine, and she keeps changing up his sleep cues every third day. He’s confused as hell with all the different sleeping places (her bed, his crib, the stroller outside in the snow, etc.), routines putting him down (put him down right away, rocking him, laying down with him, etc.) We all knew it would come to this, but as QueenBW already pointed out, she knows best because she birthed him, and a mothers intuition and all that stuff she prattles on about.

The problem is consistency. Babies thrive with a consistent schedule and predictable routine, and she keeps changing up his sleep cues every third day. He’s confused as hell with all the different sleeping places (her bed, his crib, the stroller outside in the snow, etc.), routines putting him down (put him down right away, rocking him, laying down with him, etc.) We all knew it would come to this, but as QueenBW already pointed out, she knows best because she birthed him, and a mothers intuition and all that stuff she prattles on about.
She also has a phone in his face -all- day. I never sleep well when I've had to look at screens all day, and I cannot imagine a baby would either.

Reactions: 9
She’s been suspiciously mum about his sleeping the last two days. Wonder what’s up with that.

Reactions: 2
She also has a phone in his face -all- day. I never sleep well when I've had to look at screens all day, and I cannot imagine a baby would either.
Imagine all the constant she films of him that doesn’t post online. Poor child.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Imagine all the constant she films of him that doesn’t post online. Poor child.
She is never NOT filming that baby. It is so weird to me. I don’t remember it being this excessive with Lea

Reactions: 3
She has nothing else to post. And Lea perhaps does not want to perform anymore or is not intetesting or funny enough.

Reactions: 1
Yup. Babies make for great content when you’re a vapid influencer, because you can project whatever thoughts/feelings/opinions onto them and they can’t object. Once they grow up and become an actual person with their own perspectives all of that goes away. This is also why narcissists tend to love babies but dislike children

Here we go again, anyone who spoon feeds babies have a higher chance of causing their child to choke and die. duck.off

just say you’re BLW and leave it at that!

I did a combo but mainly because I cba to clear up the mess of letting them have a go at everything themselves. Clearing up weetabix which has hardened on the floor is like removing concrete. it should be considered for building

She is never NOT filming that baby. It is so weird to me. I don’t remember it being this excessive with Lea
Lea had her own instagram account when she was a baby! I don't know if instagram had stories back then?

Edit to say maybe there were stories, but I'm not sure people were constantly filming themselves throughout the day the way she's doing now?

Last edited:
Why is she terrified that feeding him food might lead to him reject her sacred breast?? There is definitely a lot of trauma carried forward from Lea that she is trying to fix with Finn.

Rach (we know you read here) let the kid eat, BLW is great, he won’t choke, he will still want your milk and will self wean when he’s ready, that could take years.

I agree with her regarding Ultra Processed Foods there is so much evidence out there now (literally the last 2-3 years) for how damaging it is to our gut microbiome and linked to rising obesity rates. However her delivery is sanctimonious as ever.

Reactions: 5
Why is she terrified that feeding him food might lead to him reject her sacred breast?? There is definitely a lot of trauma carried forward from Lea that she is trying to fix with Finn.

Rach (we know you read here) let the kid eat, BLW is great, he won’t choke, he will still want your milk and will self wean when he’s ready, that could take years.

I agree with her regarding Ultra Processed Foods there is so much evidence out there now (literally the last 2-3 years) for how damaging it is to our gut microbiome and linked to rising obesity rates. However her delivery is sanctimonious as ever.
I recall she was upset that Lea herself stopped wanting to be breastfed. Rachel wanted to keep going but Lea had enough.

Agree regarding processed foods, but that Rachel is so sanctimonious about it, I just fob her off.

Reactions: 2
I feel like a lot of her sanctimonious ramblings come from a place of anxiety. Like other peoples babies choke because they feel them WRONG (purées) but her baby isn’t at risk of choking bc she is feeding him RIGHT (blw)

When in reality there is still a small risk of choking with both. But people with anxiety (Rachel) can’t accept that lack of control so they need to weave this false narrative that it won’t happen to them because they’re doing xyz.

You see the same thought process with anti vaxxers. They think that other peoples kids get cancer or are autistic bc their parents give them shots, but they didn’t therefor they don’t have to worry. When in reality genetics and mutating cells don’t discriminate.

People like Rachel should be a case study bc it’s bananas. Esp when they get on their soapbox and try to convince others, bc obviously quietly trying to convince herself isn’t validating enough.

Reactions: 10
And the comment underneath that was someone claiming to have dreamt about her children. Stop stroking her bloody ego
Wouldn’t it be a lot of work for her to delete all the negative comments? Or maybe technology or a staff member does it?

Love that comment though- so true. Loads of backlash from Rachel warriors though, including one sticking up for her because she recently almost had a psychotic breakdown.

YG even admitted- she cried because she missed her body. She eats a lot, has had 2 babies, put on weight, doesn’t exercise much and clearly is unhappy with her current body.

Thank you for the insight! I guess Rachel just makes Sweden seem depressing. She somehow managed to do that with Aruba as well, so I’ll go with that theory
Sweden is depressing. This said, I don’t follow her anymore because she is depressing too!

Wouldn’t it be a lot of work for her to delete all the negative comments? Or maybe technology or a staff member does it?

Love that comment though- so true. Loads of backlash from Rachel warriors though, including one sticking up for her because she recently almost had a psychotic breakdown.

YG even admitted- she cried because she missed her body. She eats a lot, has had 2 babies, put on weight, doesn’t exercise much and clearly is unhappy with her current body.
Does she even have staff anymore? For her business? Seems she mostly hires people temporarily to do things around the house and set up the garden for her to film herself in. I can't imagine she or Dennis do any laundry or cleaning around the house, so I'm guessing they have someone who comes in and does that for them. If they did it themselves we'd never hear the end of it!

They did try to hire a nanny/farm hand/housekeeper that would basically work for free, didn't they? Did they ever find anyone that wanted to do that?

It always baffles me when people rush to defend really rich people that make money off of them. Why do you defend someone who has no qualms about scamming the tit out of her followers? She's not your friend!

A fun day of skiing world class slopes yesterday and this morning she’s already back to crying on stories about how she feels like she’s going to be stuck on her living room floor with a baby forever.

I have kids. Most people have kids. Everyone knows how hard and isolating having a baby can be but she is just soooo freaking tone deaf and whiny it’s hard to sympathize with her. She has more outings, support, privilege that 99% of people and yet somehow it’s still never enough.

Also on last weeks “ask Rachel” someone asked her for her #1 advice for having a baby, and her response was to “surround yourself with so much support that you don’t have to leave your bed if you don’t want to… for 6 WEEKS.” 6 bleeping weeks??? What planet is a she living on? Then she goes on to say that Dennis doesn’t want more kids. Hmmm. I wonder why.

Like duh, get rest, ask for help, surround yourself with support but suggesting women don’t leave their beds for 6 weeks after giving birth isn’t feasible or helpful. It’s unrealistic and IMO super excessive

• Haha
Reactions: 5