Yellowjackets 🐝

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Part of me think it works better as a binge watch rather than week by week as some episodes move quite slowly, it feels like they’re building up to something maybe for next season but I don’t know what!

Reactions: 8
Part of me think it works better as a binge watch rather than week by week as some episodes move quite slowly, it feels like they’re building up to something maybe for next season but I don’t know what!
The writers said that they have a plan set out for 5 seasons, so that’s probably why it feels so slow paced.

Reactions: 2
Wasn’t a fan of the finale at all. Wasn’t surprised that they killed Natalie off in the present storyline given that Juliette Lewis seemed over the show. It feels like they were trying to up the shock factor this season but it didn’t pay off at all. Kevyn’s death was extremely anticlimactic also.

Overall, this season had some good highs but extremely low lows. I hate that Travis’ death was pretty much forgotten about this season when it was set up to be a huge storyline last season.

I’m not sure where they’re going to take the show from this point onwards. I can’t see them achieving the 5 season plan that they had originally hoped for. I think next season could be the last.

Reactions: 1
I'm very meh about it all.
But then it's a "thing" that every popular series has a poor sophomore season so there's still hope.
But yeah I'm meh.

so I was generally underwhelmed and I think unfortunately they’re not going to make it to 5 seasons as they say planned. HOWEVER Ben burning the cabin down with them locked inside truly shocked me. I just think overall season 2 lost its way a bit and the way they tried to wrap up the police/Shauna storyline was very clumsy and didn’t make sense really

Reactions: 3
I was convinced that Ben wouldn’t make it to the end of the season but his storyline ended up being my favourite this season. That being said I think he’ll end up being the “shocking” death next season. I’m curious to see if the rumours surrounding Mari being alive in the present are true. I can see them introducing her similar to how they revealed Van’s fate this season.

Also what was with Lottie being in Natalie’s dying hallucination? It would’ve made a lot more sense and bittersweet to have Adult Travis instead.

How is everyone watching the finale? I didn’t think it was on Sunday!
The episodes go up earlier on Paramount+

Season 2 wasn't the best but I am hopeful season 3 will be better. I guess that will be about the rescue and how they fit back into normal life. I just hope the episodes all drop at once so I can binge watch them all.

Season two felt a bit slow to get off the ground. I suppose once the key things happened (finding out what happened to Jackie, Shauna giving birth), it lost some of the suspense it had built up.

I’d watch a third season but in reality I just want it to be ten episodes of present day Mindy.

I'm so annoyed about this because of the sheer power of the story and the magnificent cast!!!! I think their main mistake was the whole adult Shauna killing her lover plotline in the first series, which introduced the detectives who have brought nothing to the story. If they would just concentrate on the girls and the women they become instead of these dumbass subplots it would be so much better - as it is,, they don't give us enough space even with the big scenes, before it's going onto something puerile and pointless. Natalie deserved more from her death scene than some bullshit which makes zero sense - why did the women start to hunt, why did Natalie suddenly bring out her knife, why was her cult friend suddenly pointing a gun at her - none of it made sense. And what should have been a really moving scene (Natalie facing death in the dream aeroplane) was totally undercut by these strange choices. There is so much potential in this series and they just seem to be squandering it, it's infuriating.

Reactions: 4
Natalie deserved more from her death scene than some bullshit which makes zero sense - why did the women start to hunt, why did Natalie suddenly bring out her knife, why was her cult friend suddenly pointing a gun at her - none of it made sense. And what should have been a really moving scene (Natalie facing death in the dream aeroplane) was totally undercut by these strange choices. There is so much potential in this series and they just seem to be squandering it, it's infuriating.

The way I interpreted it, was that they are all haunted by it still. Particularly Lottie and Taissa. The others were going to get Lottie carted off for a psych evaluation, and to do that, they made out they were going with her plan for another hunt, but then van changed Taissas mind so they called off the evaluation. Natalie was obviously the target the last time so wanted to protect herself (but also warned off the other girl she’d taken a liking to, which put her on notice something was about to happen, and she’s naturally protective of Lottie). Shauna (and possibly misty and Natalie) still thought they were just going along with the original plan of making lottie think they were ready to sacrifice one of them, to prove she needed psych help.

They (Lottie/tai/van) don’t think ‘it’ will leave them alone until they give it what it wants, ie a sacrifice/death.

Reactions: 2
The way I interpreted it, was that they are all haunted by it still. Particularly Lottie and Taissa. The others were going to get Lottie carted off for a psych evaluation, and to do that, they made out they were going with her plan for another hunt, but then van changed Taissas mind so they called off the evaluation. Natalie was obviously the target the last time so wanted to protect herself (but also warned off the other girl she’d taken a liking to, which put her on notice something was about to happen, and she’s naturally protective of Lottie). Shauna (and possibly misty and Natalie) still thought they were just going along with the original plan of making lottie think they were ready to sacrifice one of them, to prove she needed psych help.

They (Lottie/tai/van) don’t think ‘it’ will leave them alone until they give it what it wants, ie a sacrifice/death.
Oh actually I think Van was going along with it because she knew Lottie was giving 'it' a sacrifice to save her from cancer, and she was OK with that (possibly Tai too). Lottie desperately wanted it to be herself who pulled the Queen. Misty went along with it because she's a lil psychopath haha.

Anyway, I just saw this included in a thread by one of the showrunners and it perhaps points to what is not hitting for me ....

Screenshot 2023-05-27 at 10.01.47.png

..... RANDY? Who gives a tiny tit about Randy for crying out loud. Walter and Jeff can stay, Coach Ben is dead to me - idc about his backstory and he literally attempted to murder them all. As said above, it's very weird they dropped Travis's death in the second series, and now that Nat is gone, will anyone know or care enough to find out exactly what happened there (did Lottie sacrifice him while suffering psychosis?).

So do you think van believes that ‘it’ is still after them? In my head, Lottie and Taissa do. I think Shauna doesn’t. I THINK misty doesn’t, I think Natalie definitely didn’t and I’m not sure about Van. I’d have said no, but your post is making me rethink it.

This season has focused a lot on the peripheral characters, you’re right in that nobody cares and Randy, Jeff, the cops, bloody Callie. I do quite like the coach, I’d like to see what’s done with the aftermath of the fire and whether they figure it’s him or not. I hope it’s not painted as a descent into madness coz that’s the easy option isn’t it!
I quite enjoy the psychology of it all, Misty is clearly desperate to get back to what she had in the wilderness, ie the needed one. They are all haunted by it in different ways.

Whilst I think about it, I’m not really a fan of the Taissa thing, the rest is semi realistic (ish) but she gets possessed at random times? Nah mate.

Has anything been announced regarding Cabin guy? I remember seeing BTS pictures of Jason Ritter but none of those scenes were shown. I wonder if they’re doing a special episode similar to Euphoria or if they’re saving that for Season 3.

So do you think van believes that ‘it’ is still after them? In my head, Lottie and Taissa do. I think Shauna doesn’t. I THINK misty doesn’t, I think Natalie definitely didn’t and I’m not sure about Van. I’d have said no, but your post is making me rethink it.
I think the 'it' is their shared trauma, and I think deep down most of them know that (what was it they said about it, something about 'it' just being all of them together?). Van believes in Lottie, still, but that's less about supernatural powers or w/e than it is about Lottie's cult leader charisma imo.

I think the 'it' is their shared trauma, and I think deep down most of them know that (what was it they said about it, something about 'it' just being all of them together?). Van believes in Lottie, still, but that's less about supernatural powers or w/e than it is about Lottie's cult leader charisma imo.

So when Taissa gets possessed, is that ‘it’ (ie something linked to the trauma/supernatural) or just something that would have happened to her anyway, do you think? I think they’ve gone to great pains to show that whatever the reasons for it, it’s a real thing rather than imagined, with the change in her eyes and all that.

‘Cabin guy’ is a great point, that’s just made me think that could be where one of the seasons go. They were in the wilderness for 19 months weren’t they? I wonder how much of that’s taken place in season 1/2 already. You’d assume at least six months given Shauna went from not looking pregnant to giving birth, vans super-healing scars, and the shift to winter.

I assumed the time line in the wilderness was about 10/11 months - Shauna assuming to be about a month preggo then giving birth, but who knows.

Definitely didn't see Ben's psychotic side come out though. Thought his vivid hallucinations pointed to his near death!

Can’t tell how I feel finishing season 2...
I won’t spoil anything as I don’t know how to blur!

but 1 question in my mind from season 1… Start of episode 1 wasn’t someone running and fell into a Trap? Wonder if anything will come of that in new episodes/series. Also cabin guy, did they just live in the wild etc and that’s why the cabin was there. Geographically I’ve no idea the location if people do live in the ‘wild’