Yankee in the South #3 Banning with glee, no winter coat for thee, but send gift cards so we eat for fre

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread time! This one was brought up in two different posts bringing it to the most liked title. Original courtesy of @esc2476 Thank you!
Who knew that such an obsolete channel could be so cringe worthy for our amusement?

Re-cap, let's see:

• Will tried briefly to be the "ah shucks, guys" humble man. Didn't last long before that façade started to slip.
  • FRE is noticeably getting under his skin. So much so that a large part of his live streams have been dedicated to talking about it! :)
  • Dawn increasingly looks both resigned and irritated by her husband
  • Dawn either doesn't know how to dress herself properly for the winter or Will is too much of a tight ass to buy her a coat. Still up for debate.
  • Lots of suspicious activity with the donations he grifts for and no follow up as to what is done with the money other than the intended use. He never confirms or denies anything...just glazes over the questions. :unsure:
  • Will they EVER get the postcards and magnets out to their Patreon subscribers? Not likely.
  • Meet up have been suspended until March-ish?
  • NEW MEMBERS!! Have seen a LOT of new "faces" come join us for the fun and hoping to get more T as time goes! Thank you for coming!!
  • Will continues to pump out more boring content and act like he knows everything. Again. As usual. Won't stop. Can't help himself.
I know I have missed a ton. Fill in where I missed!
Let the tattling continue!

Reactions: 12

This video always makes me laugh, it was a time before the fame got to Will's head and he is a little more humble.
I love how awkward this whole interaction is.
ATW- "Are you livestreaming too?"
Will- "No. I'm a fan of the oldschool!"
????????

• Haha
Reactions: 4

This video always makes me laugh, it was a time before the fame got to Will's head and he is a little more humble.
I love how awkward this whole interaction is.
ATW- "Are you livestreaming too?"
Will- "No. I'm a fan of the oldschool!"
????????
Look how much healthier Willy looked. Look how much healthier, nice makeup, light on inside her eyes and healthier Dawn looks. How does she go from knowing how to put on makeup back then to the train wreck she looks like now when she tries? How do you lose knowledge of self care? She has tried this charcoal smoky eye look that rubbed down her face and crazy placed blush lately. Which no makeup is better than that train wreck.
But this is one of several pics of the "old Dawn" where she looks and acts bright and put together. Either there is something to Will medicating her to a zombie like status or she gave up on the "Will" to live and plug into life.
As for her being on some type of spectrum, do those things worsen with age or symptoms develop later in life? I've never heard of that. But I'm no expert by any means.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Trying to wade through the sea of content I've watched for gems.

I like how in the first half of the video he doesn't even bother to get the name of the restaurant right and calls it the "kitchen bar". Got the classic lines of "Got a lot of flavor" and "Melt in your mouth". The highlight of the video however his haircut when he takes off his hat and is eating. I know they cut his hair at home but between two people how did you manage to do such a terrible job?

I wish he still said "well" a lot in his videos. I don't have enough willpower or time to go back and find the best examples, but just listen to how many times he says it when showing off the breakfast bar. Also, Dawn thinks that there are 1000 calories in a doughnut lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
@AppleBarnClosed

In this video, Will says WELL 16 times in 17 minutes.

I remembered watching this and seeing someone comment that they counted the number of WELLS.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Look how much healthier Willy looked. Look how much healthier, nice makeup, light on inside her eyes and healthier Dawn looks. How does she go from knowing how to put on makeup back then to the train wreck she looks like now when she tries? How do you lose knowledge of self care? She has tried this charcoal smoky eye look that rubbed down her face and crazy placed blush lately. Which no makeup is better than that train wreck.
But this is one of several pics of the "old Dawn" where she looks and acts bright and put together. Either there is something to Will medicating her to a zombie like status or she gave up on the "Will" to live and plug into life.
As for her being on some type of spectrum, do those things worsen with age or symptoms develop later in life? I've never heard of that. But I'm no expert by any means.
Both of them are too cheap to go to the doctor. I've only ever heard him say once about them going to the doctor, and even that could have been a lie. So Dawn being medicated is unlikely to me. I think removing herself from the real world and workforce has made them both a lot dumber since now their only mental stimulation comes from the live streams and we all know how lackluster those are. Honestly, I would lose a few marbles too if I was forced to sing happy birthday and read comments about everyone's local weather all the time.
Will has also put a lot of pressure on her to perform the way he wants and the way he thinks people want to see her in the videos and live streams. The stress from Will's expectations, reading the queue cards, nailing her lines knowing that there won't be a second take if she screws up, has made her crack. Will is the director of her life, that can't be easy. To quote Will, being a local vlogger is one of the hardest jobs in the world (also according to him, the hardest job in the world is being a Walmart employee that unloads the trucks as he once did), so the lifestyle has probably rotted her mind.

• Angry
To quote Will, being a local vlogger is one of the hardest jobs in the world (also according to him, the hardest job in the world is being a Walmart employee that unloads the trucks as he once did), so the lifestyle has probably rotted her mind.
So all of his past jobs he has deemed "hardest in the world"? Was the Wal-Mart gig before or after the 19yr old boy genius was the manager at a factory? Either way, he tries to come off as retired early and independently wealthy. Even though others have to pick up the tab for him be it by grifted gift cards or poor Chris. He is so full of himself and his own self worth that I'm surprised he hasn't exploded yet. I'm glad the locals have picked up on his con act and it looks like several of their previous followers that never missed a live stream as well. Can only con this badly for so long.
I have a minimal amount of empathy for Dawn. She resigned herself to this life with him. She made her bed, now she can lie in it.

Trying to wade through the sea of content I've watched for gems.

I like how in the first half of the video he doesn't even bother to get the name of the restaurant right and calls it the "kitchen bar". Got the classic lines of "Got a lot of flavor" and "Melt in your mouth". The highlight of the video however his haircut when he takes off his hat and is eating. I know they cut his hair at home but between two people how did you manage to do such a terrible job?

I wish he still said "well" a lot in his videos. I don't have enough willpower or time to go back and find the best examples, but just listen to how many times he says it when showing off the breakfast bar. Also, Dawn thinks that there are 1000 calories in a doughnut lol.

I only watched some of the first video.
Summary: His misinformation on absolutely everything is so cringe. The ride seat will "inject" you up. The mustard for the pretzel was stone ground mustard (says it on the menu) but he kept insisting it was honey mustard. SMDH.
Then said everyone writes in and asks them to try different types of food instead of ordering the same stuff at different restaurants. So what do they do? Order their usual stuff plus a few extra ho-hum items then complain that it's too much food. Once the food came Dawn made her stink face for a combined total of about 5 minutes throughout the meal. Dawn at a jalapeno that was from a side dish on her nachos. She made a face and squealed it was hot. Will then chastised her like a child and told her not to do that.
BTW, they don't like bourbon but order the bourbon flavored wings...and surprise! They don't like the taste of them because of the bourbon.

Not sure my BP can hate-watch more. But I will.

Last edited:
A few questions.

Does anyone know the origins of the Applebarn being closed controversy? I know he said that another local vlogger was spreading misinformation about it closing, but I couldn't figure out who he was talking about. People would come in the live stream and ask about the apple barn closing which really rustled his jimmies resulting in some viewers getting banned. I think he has even claimed that the Applebarn reached out to him to settle the confusion.

Does anyone remember him in a live stream remember him saying that they don't eat out very much and mainly eat salads and "little sandwiches"? I would love to have that as a clip. The lies are so bold, does he really think anyone believes him when he says something like that?

Is John Caulker from Waterbury CT still around? He would always preface his messages with "this is John Caulker from Waterbury CT". It amazes me knowing that people like that who are just special and not trolling get banned just as easily as anyone else. But if you ask Will he will deny or claim that Dawn probably fat-fingered the ban button.

Has anyone watched the Smoky Mountain Live channel they did? Is the content any different or did they just think that by doing the same live-stream they always did but wearing headphones made them a podcast?

What is the story between him and Dr. Suess? I notice one of the parody channels references a connection between the two. Did Will say they are related?

Is Yankee in Your Town dead in the water? It was going to be a series totally separate from their road trip adventures where they come to your town and..... well I'm not sure what they would do besides eating Ruben and Cuban sandwiches. I know YiTS always talks about how busy they are, so I guess this was just another idea that he never follows through on.

Are there any meetups at all/ will be in the future? Why the change in format? I know you have to email him for meetups, but we all know his track record with emails. Even if he did read them, does he just pick someone based on the highest gift card bid? Or is he just having a weekly group meet and announcing it last second? He has mentioned "security threats" before, but I've driven by the meetups for laughs when heading in that direction, and Nana and other fatties never seem like threats. When talking about the security threats, he has referenced other youtubers as well as local police. But he claims this was resolved due to the officers recognizing him and being fans. Once I even heard him say that they have to move the meetups due to the number of people showing up and mentioned the Sevierville park or convention center lol. YITS FEST WHEN? If I had to guess, the novelty of meeting fans from the nursing home wore off and the turnouts aren't very consistent outside of smaller vlogging channels just showing up to also host their meetups and promote their channels, which always gets under Will's skin.

What happened to the PO Box? My guess is he just forgot to renew it. Getting spammed with unwanted sponsorship packages or whatever he said doesn't add up. The gift cards and cash donations have been a big part of the hustle, can't imagine him letting that revenue stream go. Maybe he got recognized at the post office and is too famous to feel like he can go back.

Does he still have superchats and donations disabled? Did he mention publicly why? I know he had a big grifting payday recently from his dad passing as well as inheritance, but I have to imagine a big part of their income is from donations. As much as he hates reading here, I don't think he would stop collecting due to comments here. I know youtube keeps 30% from super chat but he has to know he can't pick up the difference by collecting donations independently via mail/paypal. The only thing that makes sense in my head is that he is trying to stay within a certain income bracket for taxes/government assistance. I doubt either of them gets disability or money from something like workplace injury since they profit from youtube and show them doing things like hiking. However, I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of government assistance. His house was like $60k bank forclosure from shortly after 2008 if I recall, so given the current housing prices (esp for the local area), he might have some home equity that is helping him out. He used to claim that he manages a website for someone as a side job or something like that, but that was probably just another lie.

Sorry for the long posts. I've been watching YITS for years without anyone or any place where I can be critical of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think once she stopped working she lost herself. She became part of the Will machine and she has no say so.

@AppleBarnClosed

In this video, Will says WELL 16 times in 17 minutes.

I remembered watching this and seeing someone comment that they counted the number of WELLS.

I love this video. Dawn stabbing that chicken and chowing down like it was her last meal.

Sorry for the long posts. I've been watching YITS for years without anyone or any place where I can be critical of him.
The applebarn situation started with a friend saying it in a live stream chat and Willie ran with the story. AB reached out to clear it up.
No John and many others in chat lately.
He is related to Dr. Suess or so he says.
No super chats cause they don't need the money and that is not what their channel is about, insert eye roll here.
What in the world is Yankee in Your town?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
@AppleBarnClosed

😂. I had to laugh when you mentioned Will thinking he needed the Convention Center for meetups . I immediately pictured the crowd in their tie-dyed shirts with their lighters in the air.

@Boobzmagee

I think Will attempted doing a podcast. I saw the beginning of one , back when you could still see their Live shows. Him and Dawn had big headphones on, but they just blabbed about the same stuff they do on their Sunday Live shows.

• Haha
A few questions.

Does anyone know the origins of the Applebarn being closed controversy? I know he said that another local vlogger was spreading misinformation about it closing, but I couldn't figure out who he was talking about. People would come in the live stream and ask about the apple barn closing which really rustled his jimmies resulting in some viewers getting banned. I think he has even claimed that the Applebarn reached out to him to settle the confusion.

Does anyone remember him in a live stream remember him saying that they don't eat out very much and mainly eat salads and "little sandwiches"? I would love to have that as a clip. The lies are so bold, does he really think anyone believes him when he says something like that?

Is John Caulker from Waterbury CT still around? He would always preface his messages with "this is John Caulker from Waterbury CT". It amazes me knowing that people like that who are just special and not trolling get banned just as easily as anyone else. But if you ask Will he will deny or claim that Dawn probably fat-fingered the ban button.

Has anyone watched the Smoky Mountain Live channel they did? Is the content any different or did they just think that by doing the same live-stream they always did but wearing headphones made them a podcast?

What is the story between him and Dr. Suess? I notice one of the parody channels references a connection between the two. Did Will say they are related?

Is Yankee in Your Town dead in the water? It was going to be a series totally separate from their road trip adventures where they come to your town and..... well I'm not sure what they would do besides eating Ruben and Cuban sandwiches. I know YiTS always talks about how busy they are, so I guess this was just another idea that he never follows through on.

Are there any meetups at all/ will be in the future? Why the change in format? I know you have to email him for meetups, but we all know his track record with emails. Even if he did read them, does he just pick someone based on the highest gift card bid? Or is he just having a weekly group meet and announcing it last second? He has mentioned "security threats" before, but I've driven by the meetups for laughs when heading in that direction, and Nana and other fatties never seem like threats. When talking about the security threats, he has referenced other youtubers as well as local police. But he claims this was resolved due to the officers recognizing him and being fans. Once I even heard him say that they have to move the meetups due to the number of people showing up and mentioned the Sevierville park or convention center lol. YITS FEST WHEN? If I had to guess, the novelty of meeting fans from the nursing home wore off and the turnouts aren't very consistent outside of smaller vlogging channels just showing up to also host their meetups and promote their channels, which always gets under Will's skin.

What happened to the PO Box? My guess is he just forgot to renew it. Getting spammed with unwanted sponsorship packages or whatever he said doesn't add up. The gift cards and cash donations have been a big part of the hustle, can't imagine him letting that revenue stream go. Maybe he got recognized at the post office and is too famous to feel like he can go back.

Does he still have superchats and donations disabled? Did he mention publicly why? I know he had a big grifting payday recently from his dad passing as well as inheritance, but I have to imagine a big part of their income is from donations. As much as he hates reading here, I don't think he would stop collecting due to comments here. I know youtube keeps 30% from super chat but he has to know he can't pick up the difference by collecting donations independently via mail/paypal. The only thing that makes sense in my head is that he is trying to stay within a certain income bracket for taxes/government assistance. I doubt either of them gets disability or money from something like workplace injury since they profit from youtube and show them doing things like hiking. However, I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of government assistance. His house was like $60k bank forclosure from shortly after 2008 if I recall, so given the current housing prices (esp for the local area), he might have some home equity that is helping him out. He used to claim that he manages a website for someone as a side job or something like that, but that was probably just another lie.

He recently said they still have their P.O. box but don't like to put it out there for everyone to see to avoid unsolicited freebies from businesses begging them to collab or sponsor them :rolleyes:

• Haha
Why does Will refuse to say “A La Carte”? You’d think it would be a phrase someone uses pretty often as an “expert food reviewer”.
Is it just TOO un-American?
Does he think the food comes on a cart?

• Haha
Why does Will refuse to say “A La Carte”? You’d think it would be a phrase someone uses pretty often as an “expert food reviewer”.
Is it just TOO un-American?
Does he think the food comes on a cart?
Actually yes, the idiot thinks the food comes on a cart.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.