xameliax

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[emoji3544] I went on a bit of a rant, but her last post annoyed me so much.

I can’t take the moaning and constant whining anymore. I unfollowed her. And let’s be clear there might be some trolls in the comments but most people are actually offering constructive criticism! People are entitled to their opinions, sometimes it’s almost as if she wants to live in a fairy tale where everybody loves one another and never questions themselves, what’s around them, and what they are subjected to... god forbid someone uses critical thinking [emoji2362]

She bangs on constantly about the haters and the trolls, and ends up making a bunch of T-shirts about them. She probably sees it as empowering, but to me it’s just feeding the drama she’s trying to create around it. She’s getting stuck in this narrative where she’s always portraying herself as the victim and never holds herself accountable for anything.
It’s ok to mess up, and fessing up to it takes guts. I think it would make her a lot more endearing and relatable if she did. Right now her instagram is a giant justification for everything she does: time off, vacations, ...
Here’s my advice for her: You do you, girl! And if you get called out for something maybe reflect a little on it before posting a passive-aggressive response.

As for the trolls, sadly it’s also part of the job she chose. And no, it does not make it ok for people to hate on her for no reason, but right now it is what it is. To be extremely pragmatic she either accepts it and tries to live with it, which she can do while advocating against cyber bullying. Lots of influencers do, without going on about it every minute of every day! Or if she can’t, it might be in her best interest to move on to another gig.

I strongly believe she would benefit from going back to a more settled 9 to 5 job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Love how she’s categorised legitimate criticism and perfectly reasonable comments about her YouTube channel and blog activities on this forum as “trolling” and “bullying”.

It’s like accusing a newspaper of trolling for pointing out a football team didn’t play very well, or a band’s new album isn’t much good.

Amelia wants lots of attention - but only if it’s “positive” - ie fawning and sycophantic!

Reactions: 5
Amelia has indirectly mentioned her Tattle thread in her new instagram post. I know she must not be referring to her GG thread since that is essentially dead. She would be a lot more likeable if her posts weren't so pompous and self-righteous. She's always talking down to people and lecturing them, as if she's perfect and does no wrong!
Yes! She’s definitely lecturing us. I don’t think anyone on tattle is mean. If she actually was a positive kind person who didn’t constantly criticize people or ask for free things there wouldn’t be a thread.

Reactions: 4
I think she comes off as an absolute twit and no wonder her YouTube is failing completely.

What’s with her weird fake Mary poppins accent when she is talking down to her subscribers?

Why is she still bleating on about self love when her break up happened about eight million years ago?

How is she luxury when all she does is free trips and primark hauls?!!!!?

She seems to have lost her identity when Joe left her and she’s never recovered from it. I would guess it’s because he messed up her life time line- marriage and kids etc, and she can’t get going with any other guy.

I mean how old is she 34-35? Still renting, still skint, no husband, no kids, her life hasn’t moved in to the next chapter.

She comes accross as friendless and lonely and it’s no wonder. Her boyfriend will leave her before Christmas- of that I am sure.

Reactions: 2
Very true. Maybe the reason why she likes to go full speed and move them in straight away. Her own real friend is Lucy and she comes across so kind and always thinks about others. You can even see in the vlogs the belittling way she talks to her friends , always making little digs at Lauren, publicly shaming dec that time he didn’t reply to her, getting Matt to bend over backwards for her. No wonder then all slowly disappear.

She really is deluded if she thinks she can compare her and Rosi!

Now if Rosi was to complain as much as she does I might actually understand it! Point is, she doesn't!!

Very true. Maybe the reason why she likes to go full speed and move them in straight away. Her own real friend is Lucy and she comes across so kind and always thinks about others. You can even see in the vlogs the belittling way she talks to her friends , always making little digs at Lauren, publicly shaming dec that time he didn’t reply to her, getting Matt to bend over backwards for her. No wonder then all slowly disappear.
I completely agree with you re: belittling her friends - it’s hard to watch. What Lauren wore or thongs she said - Amelia was there slagging it off.
It is like Amelia only cares about the haters - she doesn’t interact with ‘nice’ comments only negative ones. Even this whole ‘girl boss’ ‘business owner’ embarrassment - it comes across as showing off and disingenuous. If you are reading this - get back to bring you - forget about other people and just do you!!! We all started watching you because you seemed nice and genuine but you have turned into a person who only wants to talk about negatives.

Reactions: 3
Which Rosi is this?
Rosi Jay Pierce - she leads a pretty busy life, creates vlogs and her content is based around fitness. She's really funny and seems down to earth, and is really pleasant to watch.

Last edited:
Yes- She does just as much as Amelia online but also has a young child, a full time job, is in part-time study, goes to the gym almost daily, a long-term partner, owns her own house...
I just don't understand how Amelia could compare her and Rosi!!

Reactions: 6
Only just watched her new vlog....literally just advert after advert with the pretence of 'gifted'.

• Angry
I have to agree with everything that’s been said. I personally unfollowed her a month ago after watching her for a couple of years. I don’t understand how she has the cheek to call herself luxury travel blogger, there’s nothing luxury about her.
The final nail in the coffin for me was asking people to “buy her a coffee or wine” how dare she? If this line of work isn’t paying enough then I’m sorry but maybe she should apply for a “proper” job. It’s disgusting she expects hard working people to fund her lifestyle! Can these people take time off from their jobs at the drop of a hat? I highly doubt it. More fool these people who do pay her a monthly fee, it’s ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
I wonder why she’s been silent on social. Considering this is supposed to be her job

I have to agree with everything that’s been said. I personally unfollowed her a month ago after watching her for a couple of years. I don’t understand how she has the cheek to call herself luxury travel blogger, there’s nothing luxury about her.
The final nail in the coffin for me was asking people to “buy her a coffee or wine” how dare she? If this line of work isn’t paying enough then I’m sorry but maybe she should apply for a “proper” job. It’s disgusting she expects hard working people to fund her lifestyle! Can these people take time off from their jobs at the drop of a hat? I highly doubt it. More fool these people who do pay her a monthly fee, it’s ridiculous.
Her insta now says ‘ motivational’ instead of luxury... so still wrong

• Haha
I wonder why she’s been silent on social. Considering this is supposed to be her job

Her insta now says ‘ motivational’ instead of luxury... so still wrong
She must be taking a long weekend. I'm assuming she isn't banging on about it since people keep complaining about how much she bangs on about her days off. It's probably some passive aggressive move. The comments keep being disabled then enabled on her most recent Instagram post.

Her social media accounts say different things. Some say "motivational", some say "luxury", and her patreon says "inspirational, down-to-earth vlogs." Unfortunately, none of those are correct.

• Haha
It amazes me how so called “influences” can have so many breaks. They don’t live in the real world! If I took this many breaks my mortgage would never be paid. The amount of bloggers who complain people just don’t understand how hard they have it, oh please!! We work 8/9 hrs a day, we don’t have people adding to our wage by buying us “coffee or wine” we don’t get freebies of make up, pet food, clothes or alcohol. She needs a wake up call along with many others

I honestly don’t understand her obsession with justifying her days off. We have no clue unless she tells us. It’s weird. Very weird. And she will go on a 5 min rant about why she needs to have time off. Who exactly is she talking to? Did you see her 3 tweets today about breaking up with your phone? 3! We get it Amelia you stop going on social media after your exhausting workdays. However, we know it’s because she can’t stand any constructive criticism on her timelines so she’s trying to stay off social. More time for pretty pots!

I’ve always thought her parents pay her rent. I used to watch her a lot years ago and I’m sure she mentioned that she was an unexpected surprise and her parents are a lot older than most. (Does anyone else remember this?) I’m sure it was her I’m thinking of.
I get the feeling she is their miracle baby and they just pay the rent for her. She cannot earn barely anything doing what she does. I don’t watch her at all anymore but had to have a read of this thread!

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.