Wright At Home/Helen Marie Wright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the tax credits and child allowance is on a household income of under £50,000,possibly a reason why Danny didn't want her to work or not to have an official job. Also as she has claimed all the boys have special educational needs, I don't know if there is any kind of benefit they could receive. Helen will know of every penny she could get, as strange as her behaviour is, she certainly isn't stupid when it comes to money
Possibly disability if they've been formally assessed ? you're right about her accounting for every penny i remember her complaining because Danny didn't bring back a receipt from grocery shopping once , so any benefits i'm sure she'd be " on it" .

Reactions: 2
Possibly disability if they've been formally assessed ? you're right about her accounting for every penny i remember her complaining because Danny didn't bring back a receipt from grocery shopping once , so any benefits i'm sure she'd be " on it" .
Definitely. Also when she does people's hair, I wonder if she declares that, she's openly said she charges for the service.

Reactions: 3
Just watched this weeks vlog, Helen saying Ella is lazy and will struggle with the back to school life,I think its Helen who will struggle, she appears to have minimal interaction with Ella. I know for years she kept saying she wanted another baby, I'm starting to think it was Danny who wanted another baby and she just went along with it. I've never seen her cuddle Ella. Her idea of cuddling was to lay Ella across her lap without supporting her head, while she was crocheting. Maybe if she spent more time actually interacting with Ella, she may be a little more alert. Everything just seems to be for appearances. Danny did the bathroom, less than a year ago, knowing there were cracks causing damp etc, so rather than sorting the structural issues first, they did the bathroom and now have mould growing on the wall, oddly she said the cracks were on one particular wall, so it was interesting to see another patch of mould on the opposite side of the room and on the ceiling. I know Danny is really good with DIY, but there are just some things you need to pay a professional to do. It seems like a waste of money doing a job, knowing you haven't fully made sure the structural problems are sorted first

Just watched this weeks vlog, Helen saying Ella is lazy and will struggle with the back to school life,I think its Helen who will struggle, she appears to have minimal interaction with Ella. I know for years she kept saying she wanted another baby, I'm starting to think it was Danny who wanted another baby and she just went along with it. I've never seen her cuddle Ella. Her idea of cuddling was to lay Ella across her lap without supporting her head, while she was crocheting. Maybe if she spent more time actually interacting with Ella, she may be a little more alert. Everything just seems to be for appearances. Danny did the bathroom, less than a year ago, knowing there were cracks causing damp etc, so rather than sorting the structural issues first, they did the bathroom and now have mould growing on the wall, oddly she said the cracks were on one particular wall, so it was interesting to see another patch of mould on the opposite side of the room and on the ceiling. I know Danny is really good with DIY, but there are just some things you need to pay a professional to do. It seems like a waste of money doing a job, knowing you haven't fully made sure the structural problems are sorted first
I haven't watched it yet but I don't see her interacting with Ella much either ,she'll struggle when the schools return because none of the boys will be on hand to look after the baby while she does her own thing .

I watched her older videos a year or so ago and she clearly said she didn't want anymore children. I think it was one of her Q&A video and I may be wrong but I am sure she mentioned Danny wanted another, so I think it was more that he wanted another baby and not Helen. Bless her though, Ella is such a doll x

Reactions: 5
How can she say a three month old baby is lazy?!

Reactions: 7
How can she say a three month old baby is lazy?!
Exactly, Helen has some strange ideas and says some very strange things. If anything the poor little mite may be bored, if it wasn't for Cameron and Liam, I don't think she'd have much interaction.

I watched her older videos a year or so ago and she clearly said she didn't want anymore children. I think it was one of her Q&A video and I may be wrong but I am sure she mentioned Danny wanted another, so I think it was more that he wanted another baby and not Helen. Bless her though, Ella is such a doll x
I'm glad you've confirmed that, because I was certain at one point she said she didn't want more but Danny did. But then she started saying she wanted a girl and viewers started asking questions. Ella is beautiful and such a sweet baby, maybe once the boys are at school/college and Helen is 1 to 1 with Ella, she may interact more

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Maybe she has a bit of PND. I think by "lazy" she means, she feeds and sleeps, so she is a laid-back baby, rather than one that needs to be held 24/7 (like my babies 😂)

Maybe she has a bit of PND. I think by "lazy" she means, she feeds and sleeps, so she is a laid-back baby, rather than one that needs to be held 24/7 (like my babies 😂)
I think you could be right about the PND, before having Ella, Helen had lots of freedom to do her own thing while the boys were at school /college, now she's restricted to some extent, but once the boys are back in school /college and Danny's at work, she will be more restricted. I think once the weather improves and she's able to spend more time in the garden, that will make a difference, at least Ella can be outside with her. I think sometimes Helen is quite child like and the novelty of having another baby wasn't fully thought out in terms of how restricted she will be until Ella starts nursery. She had said Danny wanted a big family, which is nice, but he has the luxury of being able to go to work and communicate with other adults. Hopefully with time, we start to see 'the old Helen'

I can relate to Helen I have a 19 month old and a 10 year old my boys are 8½ years apart and i know my life changed when my second came we had come to terms there would be no more babies and BAM I was pregnant! After years of secondary infertility. We had travelled with our first we had freedom but saying that he fits in perfectly but covid is a huge part too!

I love Helen, however I don’t understand why when Danny is at work she can’t be bothered cooking the same as she would when he isn’t? Like a Sunday roast, if Danny is at work she won’t make her beloved Yorkshire puddings but it’s only one less person? I’d understand if all three kids were at camp etc? Or she’ll only try new recipes when Danny isn’t there as though she’s scared he won’t like it?

Reactions: 6
I love Helen, however I don’t understand why when Danny is at work she can’t be bothered cooking the same as she would when he isn’t? Like a Sunday roast, if Danny is at work she won’t make her beloved Yorkshire puddings but it’s only one less person? I’d understand if all three kids were at camp etc? Or she’ll only try new recipes when Danny isn’t there as though she’s scared he won’t like it?
Yea she seems to take an easy route cooking when danny isn't around. But I'll admit I often do a beige dinner for the kids if the hubby is away etc but kids love it, hubby wouldn't

I'm sure Helen loves being a Mummy to Ella, but I also get a feeling that she wishes she just had time to herself as well. She appears to be a little bit down on her vlogs but that's probably just my own personal observation. She spent time in the garden, crocheting and doing other bits because that's what she did before and that was the only thing that kept her sanity and keep her going, because she doesnt work. Before when she was volunteering at the school, seemed like it gave her purpose in life and just gave her something to look forward to every day. She's a qualified hairdresser so that is a huge advantage to do jobs in between but has she ever actually worked in her life? Or just been a SAHM/housewife. She had Camron when she was 19, then she got with Danny when Camron was 2 I believe and then had Liam and Ollie afterwards and now she has Ella. I also specifically remember she said she didn't want to get married, she was happy to be with Danny as it is but he wanted to get married as that what he believed in so she did it. I am getting the feeling that he is the one who calls the shots in the house and with the family and probably budget as well. He is the breadwinner, so she has to cook dinner that she knows he will like and keep the house clean, sort out the kids etc. But I honestly have nothing bad to say about Helen. I think she's a really lovely lady and comes across really innocent and timid. I hope she does get her usual personality back one day x

Reactions: 6
Could just be lockdown fatigue, I know I am all over the place at the moment and I am normally really upbeat and happy. I like her, couldn't be as frugal but it would be a boring place if we were all the same 🤷‍♀️ also agree if my husband isn't having dinner I dont really bother just do something easy xx

Just watched this week's vlog , it was nice to see the old Helen in this vlog pottering around the garden, even little Ella. She seemed less excitable and actually focused on what she was doing. Really enjoyed it

Reactions: 1
I'm a little bit confused, Helen is a trained hairdresser, this morning she posted on IG about postpartum hair loss and said how bad hers was and had been with all her pregnancies. If that's the case surely colouring her hair purple and then copper within such a short space of time wasn't a good idea. I'm a nurse and not a hairdresser, to me if your hair is fragile, surely colouring it isn't going to help strengthen it?

Reactions: 7
Once again I'm confused with what Helen is saying. She has said multiple times that she doesn't go grocery shopping on her own due to her anxiety, but during her weekly shopping haul she said Danny drops her at Morrisons to do her yellow label shopping while he goes to Aldi,that just contradicts what she said. Is Helen very dependent on Danny, which does appear to be something recent or is it something we weren't shown before?

Reactions: 1
Once again I'm confused with what Helen is saying. She has said multiple times that she doesn't go grocery shopping on her own due to her anxiety, but during her weekly shopping haul she said Danny drops her at Morrisons to do her yellow label shopping while he goes to Aldi,that just contradicts what she said. Is Helen very dependent on Danny, which does appear to be something recent or is it something we weren't shown before?
Maybe Helen feels anxious some days but not so much on other days. She has just had a baby, so maybe her anxiety is worse than usual and will settle down again. You have to remember she has gone through the pandemic pregnant and is now the mother to a very small baby which isn't easy at the best of times.

Maybe Helen feels anxious some days but not so much on other days. She has just had a baby, so maybe her anxiety is worse than usual and will settle down again. You have to remember she has gone through the pandemic pregnant and is now the mother to a very small baby which isn't easy at the best of times.
I know she has gone through a pandemic being pregnant, which was why I was also shocked on boxing day when she had gone shopping to buy sale items in a busy shopping centre, leaving Ella with the boys, when she was just over a month Ella is regularly left with the boys, so Helen can have time to herself. She regularly goes to pound land on her own. My point is, she says grocery shopping causes her to have anxiety and she has always said this,but is able to do her yellow label shopping in Morrisons on her own, while Danny goes to Aldi,surely she would need him there. I completely understand people may feel anxious about grocery shopping, I think many people can relate to that whether they've just had a baby or not. I do agree with your point about having a young baby though, because Helen is very restricted with where she can go and what she can do, unlike before.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.