Wright At Home/Helen Marie Wright

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Camrons got ADHD. I know Olly struggles with his reading a bit but I didn't know Liam had anything wrong .

I've always thought that they don't seem to do much out of the house, the must get bored senseless. She said before she gets anxiety if she is out alone.

I think they get over excited about simple things like the keyring because someone sent it to them, it's probably their way of showing appreciation.

What are his additional needs? I guess everyone can't be amazing academically. They seem to be practical and creative. They are a pleasant family, just not overly interesting.
Yeah I'd rather have a child appreciate something than over indulge them like most of the influencers kids .

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It’s not that at all, it just all seems so staged, for example “OMG Cameron, can you believe how big it is??” “No I can’t believe how big it is” “it’s just so big Cameron ain’t it?” “Yeah it’s really big” and just keep repeating this over and over. “Look Cameron - it’s got your name on it” “oh wow it says my name” “your names on that, and everything” “I’m so surprised it has my name on it” “was that a good surprise?” “Yeah a really good surprise” 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I just think that's the way Helen is ,she's OTT. I have a friend exactly like that she's very full on at times ,but I suppose the kids are used to it and don't know any different.

Camrons got ADHD. I know Olly struggles with his reading a bit but I didn't know Liam had anything wrong .

Yeah I'd rather have a child appreciate something than over indulge them like most of the influencers kids .
If I remember correctly, Helen said Liam was selective mute until he was 3. He does seem very shy and sometimes he seems quite uncomfortable on camera

I just think that's the way Helen is ,she's OTT. I have a friend exactly like that she's very full on at times ,but I suppose the kids are used to it and don't know any different.
At times she comes across quite child like. In the past when she has discussed quite personal family business, I've wondered how family members feel about it, especially her parents and her mum and brothers relationships. Some things should be private and not really used as content

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I do like Helen but the tightness really get on my nerves. Obviously we don’t know what their finances are like but she’s admitted herself she’s tight. I’m sure someone said on here the other day their finances are tight because they want to get their mortgage paid off, ok I know some people like to make overpayments but I’d rather take my kids on holiday and make lovely childhood memories for them, I’m not saying Helen doesn’t do that but they go on these cheap sun holidays and she even bloody cooks in the caravan, I’m not knocking it I love a caravan holiday but surely they could do something different instead of overpaying the mortgage. Not sure how much police officers earn, doesn’t Danny do a desk job now so maybe he’s on more money than he used to be. I really miss my kids being little and just think I’m glad I made the most of it! Not everyone is in a great position financially obviously but if they can afford to overpay their mortgage 🤷🏻‍♀️
Don‘t even get me started on the bloody P.O. Box!

Reactions: 5
Highest rank Sargent earns £46k, highest rank inspector £58k, so whilst it’s not a high wage it’s certainly not minimum wage.

If I remember correctly, Helen said Liam was selective mute until he was 3. He does seem very shy and sometimes he seems quite uncomfortable on camera

At times she comes across quite child like. In the past when she has discussed quite personal family business, I've wondered how family members feel about it, especially her parents and her mum and brothers relationships. Some things should be private and not really used as content
This is exactly what I mean

Highest rank Sargent earns £46k, highest rank inspector £58k, so whilst it’s not a high wage it’s certainly not minimum wage.

This is exactly what I mean
He was also in the army, so not sure if he would receive an army pension. Helen also seems to do lots of people's hair, I'm assuming she charges them. I know everyone's financial priorities and responsibilities are different but vloggers bring up their finances, so find it funny when people say, it's no one's business

He was also in the army, so not sure if he would receive an army pension. Helen also seems to do lots of people's hair, I'm assuming she charges them. I know everyone's financial priorities and responsibilities are different but vloggers bring up their finances, so find it funny when people say, it's no one's business
Yes he's bound to have an army pension I don't think they're short of cash they just are so regimented even hoarding clothes years in advance is really odd.

I’m gals I’m not the only person who finds helens ‘ways’ very odd at times too.
The boys clothing was always hand me downs or charity shop finds when I used to watch her (haven’t watched for a year or so) whilst I think being frugal is great, they are teenage boys.....surely they would like to wear clothes from JD sports/Adidas/Nike etc. I have a 17 and a 14 year old (both boys) and they are always on about fashion etc. I get not every child is the same but I feel like she’s overly mothered those boys and not really let them have many life choices so far.
we put a certain amount in savings each month to over pay the mortgage every few months but if we decide to go away for the weekend/day trips etc we don’t think twice about taking money out and spending it on that instead.
I agree with what was said above too about cooking on holiday....sod that! Maybe a couple of times but Helen is on holiday too. Eat out/order in. The frugalness is too much at times.

Reactions: 1
I’m gals I’m not the only person who finds helens ‘ways’ very odd at times too.
The boys clothing was always hand me downs or charity shop finds when I used to watch her (haven’t watched for a year or so) whilst I think being frugal is great, they are teenage boys.....surely they would like to wear clothes from JD sports/Adidas/Nike etc. I have a 17 and a 14 year old (both boys) and they are always on about fashion etc. I get not every child is the same but I feel like she’s overly mothered those boys and not really let them have many life choices so far.
we put a certain amount in savings each month to over pay the mortgage every few months but if we decide to go away for the weekend/day trips etc we don’t think twice about taking money out and spending it on that instead.
I agree with what was said above too about cooking on holiday....sod that! Maybe a couple of times but Helen is on holiday too. Eat out/order in. The frugalness is too much at times.
yes - second hand clothes for the kids, but buys herself literally hundreds of Yankee candles to display, that’s a bit odd isn’t it? I mean they are at least £20 each!

Oh god the Yankee candles 🤣 I forgot about them! They really don’t look good lined up all around the bedroom. Must have cost a lot of money too as like you say, not cheap!

And the amount of stuff her mom brings down, food, car boot finds etc.
when I used to watch her mum would bring down multipacks of crisps, pot noodles, cereal, even multiple bottles of ketchup! Does she still do this? I bet the kids would rather she just gave them £5 each when we she came down.

when I used to watch her mum would bring down multipacks of crisps, pot noodles, cereal, even multiple bottles of ketchup! Does she still do this? I bet the kids would rather she just gave them £5 each when we she came down.
lol - the pot noodles! Just why? I know sometimes older people think they are helping out - but there’s literally no nutritional value in ramen noodles at all.

anyone else find the colour coordinates thing very strange, I have a son the same age as Cameron and if I told him his colour was green so he must only have stuff in that colour he’d have me sectioned. But then again my son has a job and buys most of his things himself.

Helen seems quite proud of the fact she’s so controlling and often refers to herself as ‘that person’.

I watched her latest vid last night and very oddly they feel like they've been split up as a family because they got a secondhand 3 piece suite and now the chairs are separated ,not like having the closeness of the corner suite that they had .She's also got a coat she had from her teenage years to pass on to Ella?

• Haha
  • Wow
I watched her latest vid last night and very oddly they feel like they've been split up as a family because they got a secondhand 3 piece suite and now the chairs are separated ,not like having the closeness of the corner suite that they had .She's also got a coat she had from her teenage years to pass on to Ella?
I’ve not seen the vlog but that made me laugh!
Split up as a family??? Over reacting much? A coat from Helen’s teenage years 😳 wow.

lol - the pot noodles! Just why? I know sometimes older people think they are helping out - but there’s literally no nutritional value in ramen noodles at all.

anyone else find the colour coordinates thing very strange, I have a son the same age as Cameron and if I told him his colour was green so he must only have stuff in that colour he’d have me sectioned. But then again my son has a job and buys most of his things himself.

Helen seems quite proud of the fact she’s so controlling and often refers to herself as ‘that person’.
yes I find the colour co ordinating strange too. And like someone said above it’s like she’s stuck in the 90’s. I remember a couple of years back she bought a massive pine wardrobe second hand.....my parents had a wardrobe very similar when I was around 8.......I’m now 35 🤣

I generally like her and the family, they seem harmless.

some things I find weird, like her mums eating habits, i get she has grown up on meat and 2 veg style meals but to not even attempt to try anything else is weird. Even quiche!?

my mum has grown up on food from our country but if she comes over and i have made something different she will eat it.

I’ve not seen the vlog but that made me laugh!
Split up as a family??? Over reacting much? A coat from Helen’s teenage years 😳 wow.

yes I find the colour co ordinating strange too. And like someone said above it’s like she’s stuck in the 90’s. I remember a couple of years back she bought a massive pine wardrobe second hand.....my parents had a wardrobe very similar when I was around 8.......I’m now 35 🤣
Yes she was serious too. I thought 🙄that’s a bit of an over reaction.She even went shopping and left Camron with the baby.

Yes she was serious too. I thought 🙄that’s a bit of an over reaction.She even went shopping and left Camron with the baby.
I was a bit surprised that she left Ella with Cameron so she could go to the charity shop. Cameron is 18 and probably very capable, but Helen has always made a point of mentioning the 3 boys all have various special needs. Quite often with Cameron I wondered if the issue was more to do with Helen babying him and to some extent controlling everything, so not actually allowing him to grow up or have responsibility. Maybe now she has Ella to focus on, she will give Cameron the space to grow and develop himself. I feel sorry for Cameron because he's never had any privacy, his relationship with his biological dad was used as content, his special educational needs, his GCSEs were content for Helen as was his learning to drive, his test and even buying a car. I sometimes feel Helen enjoy the attention she gets because of the boys and their 'special needs'. I often think back to the classroom assistant job she went for, the school were happy to have her volunteering but less forthcoming to employ and pay her. The whole process seemed very strange and I do think whatever really happened during that process was not the actual explanation Helen gave in her vlog, because she left it as almost an afterthought, when she had made a big deal about the interview etc

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.