Wimbledon 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think he always does ESPN for the final, probably gets a similar amount to the £2.35 million prize money for his troubles! Does stuff throughout wimbledon for them.

They're mostly freelance that do UK coverage and go from amazon, to eurosport, to bbc and now to sky.

Reactions: 1
I think the equal prize money makes the gender pay gap for normal people a joke. Women's final was 1/3rd of the time of the mens and apparently had half the viewers.
Wasn’t set 2 of the men’s longer than the entirety of the women’s match? I wish they’d swap to 5 sets for women, and idk why they swapped to 3 sets for men’s doubles. If the men’s game had been 3 sets yesterday it would potentially have been a completely different outcome and wouldn’t have created such a memorable final.

Reactions: 3
Not strictly relevant but there was a lot of praise for Annabel Croft on Twitter, but then someone pointed out she has some very questionable 'likes' - seems she's a bit of an anti-vaxxer :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 2
Not strictly relevant but there was a lot of praise for Annabel Croft on Twitter, but then someone pointed out she has some very questionable 'likes' - seems she's a bit of an anti-vaxxer :ROFLMAO:
She seems to be very right wing... big fan of Ron DeSantis and I think she's also been on Farage's GB News show.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
She seems to be very right wing... big fan of Ron DeSantis and I think she's also been on Farage's GB News show.
I mean, she is clearly very posh and Tory but I'm shocked she's that right wing. Always a bit disappointing when someone reveals their true self :LOL:

• Haha
I mean, she is clearly very posh and Tory but I'm shocked she's that right wing. Always a bit disappointing when someone reveals their true self :LOL:
Just had a look myself and it's worse than I thought... full on anti-vaxxer, WEF/Great Reset conspiracy theorist and all the rest of it! What a crank.

• Wow
I’ve never really liked Annabelle! I remember her as British No.1 tennis player but like that idiot Andrew Castle, she didn’t achieve much.

I didn’t think she did a very good job of the on court interviews either. She let Ons and Djokovic talk for far too long considering they were the losers!

Was she at Wimbledon last year when they still had to be vaccinated as surely she wouldn’t have been allowed?

John also did the ladies final for the BBC.

I watched that match, I really enjoy his commentary but was surprised he didnt comentate for the BBC yesterday. I didnt realise he worked for other networks. I miss him with Sue Barker

I wonder whether Djokovic will be fined for damaging the court? The dents in the net post are shocking, it was terrible behaviour, and letting him off him no more than a warning sets a dodgy precedent.

A fine of any amount will be no more than pocket change to him, but it would at least be a more visible sanction.

I’ve never really liked Annabelle! I remember her as British No.1 tennis player but like that idiot Andrew Castle, she didn’t achieve much.

I didn’t think she did a very good job of the on court interviews either. She let Ons and Djokovic talk for far too long considering they were the losers!

Was she at Wimbledon last year when they still had to be vaccinated as surely she wouldn’t have been allowed?
Yes she was there and so was Djokovic. They didn't have to be vaccinated last year.

Yes she was there and so was Djokovic. They didn't have to be vaccinated last year.
oh yeah 🤦‍♀️ I don’t know what I’m thinking of but I remember some had to pull out after testing positive and I thought they all had to isolate beforehand and during the tournament?

Edited to add I just looked it up, I’m thinking of 2021!

Last edited:
Annabel is good when she does the commentary, long as she doesn't talk about covid or vaccines then I'm not fussed about her views on them. She hasn't signed with sky to to the US open.

I wonder whether Djokovic will be fined for damaging the court? The dents in the net post are shocking, it was terrible behaviour, and letting him off him no more than a warning sets a dodgy precedent.

A fine of any amount will be no more than pocket change to him, but it would at least be a more visible sanction.
Considering zverev only got a 40k fine for smashing his racket against the umpires chair (along with being disqualified) I wouldn't think any fine would be significant.

I watched that match, I really enjoy his commentary but was surprised he didnt comentate for the BBC yesterday. I didnt realise he worked for other networks. I miss him with Sue Barker
I'd take him anyday over Andrew and Tim gets on my nerves too at times although he didn't talk much yesterday. Probably couldn't get a word in edgeways with Andrew rambling on!

He refers to Todd Woodbridge who was also doing the BBC commentary so he's either still in the UK (he pulled out of Wimbledon at the last minute) or watched the BBC feed wherever he is.

Wasn’t set 2 of the men’s longer than the entirety of the women’s match? I wish they’d swap to 5 sets for women, and idk why they swapped to 3 sets for men’s doubles. If the men’s game had been 3 sets yesterday it would potentially have been a completely different outcome and wouldn’t have created such a memorable final.
They've been saying for years they can't do 5 sets as there's not the time in the schedule. But it's not nuclear fission. It would take some effort but they could find a way.

Women's tennis does need a lot of help as it's currently unsustainable. The 3 highest paid female sports stars are all tennis players iirc, and none of them are in the top 100.

Maybe they should do 4 sets and then a tiebreak 5th set?

It's been reported lots how amazing it was that an unseeded player won. I think that highlights the inconsistency of the game at the moment and why its hard to get a loyal following.