Wimbledon 2023

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor (well not literally lol) Prince George, he wouldn't even be able to become a pro Tennis player in the future if he wanted to. Life is all planned out for him, and having fun and competing in sports professionally, isn't on that list. Given his parent's sporty background and his potential physical height, he could do well in tennis.

Reactions: 3
Pretty tit they didnt show the start of the doubles final and instead had them talking crap. It's bad enough they have an empty court to play to.

Reactions: 5
I wish Clare Balding wouldn’t commentate on the part as they go up the stairs and meet the Royals etc. They used to let us listen in. I find her really annoying. Sorry Balding fans.

Carlos is a cutie.

Sue always let us listen in. Also Claire said first time the kids had been to a final. No, George went last year and Novak let him hold the trophy. She also said ‘oh I hope the Prince and Princess of Wales will be at the top of the stairs’. They’ve been standing at the top of the stairs for years now. She gets on my nerves with her lack of knowledge.

My Mum is a big tennis fan but she always bloody rings me as soon as they win and it drives me mad as I like to watch the celebrations!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Clare said what a special moment it was for Charlotte that she'll remember. She really wont, she meets these famous people constantly. She seemed to disappear off and lost interest when Carlos was right in front of her.

Reactions: 2
God what a fun end to this tournament (on the men‘s side). While yes, I would have rooted for anyone but Djokovic in the final, I’m very happy that Carlos was the one to do it.
And what fun this thread has been 🧡 see you around!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Pretty tit they didnt show the start of the doubles final and instead had them talking crap. It's bad enough they have an empty court to play to.
They’ve done this so much this year. The coverage timing has been abysmal! A lot of matches I’ve wanted to watch weren’t put on the tele until the match was several games in, or simply only aired on iPlayer. 🤯 Very rarely did I get to see players walking on court getting their reception because Clare Balding was too busy rabbiting on!

Reactions: 7
Just watched a video of Kate with the kids meeting people and she said Louis was very upset he wasn’t coming too! She also said when she’s playing tennis at home George and Charlotte like to be the ball boy/girl!

They’ve done this so much this year. The coverage timing has been abysmal! A lot of matches I’ve wanted to watch weren’t put on the tele until the match was several games in, or simply only aired on iPlayer. 🤯 Very rarely did I get to see players walking on court getting their reception because Clare Balding was too busy rabbiting on!
Shocking this year. Missing players coming on to CC at 1.30 as the coverage didn't start on BBC1 until 1.45 and BBC2 was showing CNo1. Then rambling on and on. Hope they sort it for next year(and get rid of Andrew Castle too)

Is there a general tennis thread for other ATP/WTA events on here?
I am new here and have enjoyed reading the Wimbledon thread. I was also hoping there would be a general tennis thread covering ATP/WTA but I can’t see one …

Novak was also hugely complimentary about Carlos in his post match conference. Said hes never played a player like that ever.

The twitter and insta feed for Wimbledon is so annoying, the constant posting of celebrities and jokes about spotting them in the crowd. I get rejected in a ballot and I’m supposed to be excited that Ariana Grande somehow got tickets? Pretty sure Andrew Garfield has had more posts on their instagram this weekend than the British winners

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The twitter and insta feed for Wimbledon is so annoying, the constant posting of celebrities and jokes about spotting them in the crowd. I get rejected in a ballot and I’m supposed to be excited that Ariana Grande somehow got tickets? Pretty sure Andrew Garfield has had more posts on their instagram this weekend than the British winners
It was that talentless wonder Emily Atack getting free tickets not once but twice that really wound me up. Likewise I never succeed in the ballot.

Yeah I feel like the Wimbledon instagram account has really gone crazy with the celebrity sightings posts on their grid this year. Yes we know celebrities get in for free, thanks for rubbing it in lol

I used to queue from stupid early in the morning to get tickets for the outside courts. I couldn’t do that anymore, and wouldn’t anyway.
I feel like if they can give out freebies to a load of celebs, they don’t need my hard earned cash!
And - apologies to any Royal fans - Kate and William and the two children clearly had a lovely day out yesterday (and I get that Kate was there in an official capacity), but what are the chances of your average family of four getting tickets to go together, much less being able to afford it?
I love watching Wimbledon but hate the elitism of the ticketing system.

Reactions: 4
Carlos‘ instagram post is so sweet and genuine. I love that he thinks that things are happening too fast for him <3
I hope he can play at this level for a long time. The way he plays seems so physically demanding and I really don’t want another Del Potro. Carlos seems to have a huge team behind him, that hopefully makes sure he stays and plays healthy.

• Heart
what are the chances of your average family of four getting tickets to go together, much less being able to afford it?
Well pretty hard seeing as you're only allowed a maximum of two tickets per house! Although Wimbledon is pretty good value compared to all the other slams.

It's a real shame that it's a go to event that so many non tennis people will go to the final and that Wimbledon (like all other events) keep banks of tickets available to hand out to people they deem worthy.
---
Carlos‘ instagram post is so sweet and genuine.
At least his team didn't do a Marcus Rashford and copy and paste too much :LOL:

John McEnroe does the mens final for US tv

Hope Novak doesn't pull out another 2019 final here
Ah that explains why he wasnt in the BBC box yesterday. I thought he just worked for the BBC during Wimbledon. Is he no longer one of the presenters?

Reactions: 1
John McEnroe has commented during lots of matches this Wimbledon but although he chatted live to Clare Balding at the final he wasn't doing the commentary.

I think the equal prize money makes the gender pay gap for normal people a joke. Women's final was 1/3rd of the time of the mens and apparently had half the viewers.

John McEnroe has commented during lots of matches this Wimbledon but although he chatted live to Clare Balding at the final he wasn't doing the commentary.
he never does the final - he covers it for us tv (i think abc?). he jumps on bbc for commentary and chats for other matches though.

i wish we could steal him for the final. i would have loved to hear his commentary for yesterday.
---
Ah that explains why he wasnt in the BBC box yesterday. I thought he just worked for the BBC during Wimbledon. Is he no longer one of the presenters?
i’m almost positive he freelances or has some kind of joint contract, with the understanding that he does the actual final on us tv only.

we should offer up andrew castle as a trade for him.