Wimbledon 2023

Who do you want to win Wimbledon 2023?

• Djokovic

Votes: 16 12.2%
  • Anyone but Djokovic

Votes: 115 87.8%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
anyone but djokovic is my only answer 🤣

i feel like him winning is inevitable though, unless someone else really comes into form. i’m hoping alcaraz continues the momentum from queens!

Reactions: 3

Yel

He's yet again got an easy draw so sadly seems inevitable, but you never know.

Reactions: 1
Haha I like the poll!
It'll most likely be Djokovic winning again unfortunately. Doesn't make me very excited to watch.

I’m going on Wednesday , have tickets for centre court. Regardless who’s playing it’s a good day out. Saying that I’m gutted Rafa won’t be there.

Reactions: 6
Well you know my saying 'anyone but Djokovic' but unfortunately I cant see anyone beating him.

Reactions: 2
I'm a Rafa fan, so don't have anyone to root for this year at Wimbledon. I'd be happy to see Murray win it, but I can't see that happening with the draw he got (he'll face Tsitsipas or Thiem if he gets through to the second round).

Djokovic will most likely win this. Alcaraz said that the cramps he suffered in their French Open match were a result of nerves, so hopefully that doesn't happen to him again if he faces Djokovic.

Reactions: 6
I'm a Rafa fan, so don't have anyone to root for this year at Wimbledon. I'd be happy to see Murray win it, but I can't see that happening with the draw he got (he'll face Tsitsipas or Thiem if he gets through to the second round).

Djokovic will most likely win this. Alcaraz said that the cramps he suffered in their French Open match were a result of nerves, so hopefully that doesn't happen to him again if he faces Djokovic.
i love rafa and so feel the same :(

the thing with djokovic is really that he has no competition right now. no other player is on his level, even though there’s a lot of potential they’re not getting near him. like you say, alcaraz openly saying he was so nervous of playing him that he got cramp speaks volumes.

i wish i liked him as a person because i really enjoy the almost balletic way that he plays but i just can’t bring myself to root for him 🤣

Reactions: 8
Yeah luckily for Novaxx Djokovic, Alcaraz is not yet at the same level (despite his incredible talent) and due to his age, still lacks experience in certain situations, and among the others I don't see anyone beating him on grass. Mentally preparing myself to miss another Wimbledon final, because surely it will come down again to Novak versus Kyrgios. Nope, thanks.
I would love for guys like Sinner, Ruud or Rublev to get through, but I'm not sure how any of them are on grass tbh. And obviously, I'm always rooting for Murray, but...yeah, not looking great, sadly.

• Heart
Yeah luckily for Novaxx Djokovic, Alcaraz is not yet at the same level (despite his incredible talent) and due to his age, still lacks experience in certain situations, and among the others I don't see anyone beating him on grass. Mentally preparing myself to miss another Wimbledon final, because surely it will come down again to Novak versus Kyrgios. Nope, thanks.
I would love for guys like Sinner, Ruud or Rublev to get through, but I'm not sure how any of them are on grass tbh. And obviously, I'm always rooting for Murray, but...yeah, not looking great, sadly.
ooo do you really think kyrgios? he’s coming to wimbledon in such messy form after his injury and stuff - but i guess we haven’t seen enough of him to know.

i’m a big ruud fan but i agree with you that i just don’t trust his form on grass. alcaraz is the only one who could maybe challenge, but he has to get over this starry eyed thing with novak or he’ll always lose.

i’m throwing taylor fritz in as a wild card. he’s good on grass, in decent form. medvedev is obviously going to be back too - i’m not sure what sides of the draw they’re in though so would have to check!

ooo do you really think kyrgios? he’s coming to wimbledon in such messy form after his injury and stuff - but i guess we haven’t seen enough of him to know.

i’m a big ruud fan but i agree with you that i just don’t trust his form on grass. alcaraz is the only one who could maybe challenge, but he has to get over this starry eyed thing with novak or he’ll always lose.

i’m throwing taylor fritz in as a wild card. he’s good on grass, in decent form. medvedev is obviously going to be back too - i’m not sure what sides of the draw they’re in though so would have to check!
Casper is such an underrated player, despite having been in three grand slam finals. I'm sure his day will come soon <3

I think I was half-joking about Kyrgios, because I was so frustrated last year when two of my least favorite players reached the Wimbledon final, so I bet it's happening again (don't listen to me, I'm in a bad mood).

Yel

I'm starting to quite like Ruud, he's not showy or anything but seems like a nice guy and he was pretty decent in the RG final. It's not surprising he doesn't have much of a fan base with his personality.

When it comes to 5 sets on grass Djokovic does seem invincible. But we can hope for an injury, or Norrie smashing a ball at him again 😉

Reactions: 4
I got tickets for the men's final this year through the public ballot, but didn't take them on the basis that Djokovic will almost certainly be playing!

• Haha
Although I'm not keen on the guy I do like watching Nick Kyrgios play. Not as bothered about Wimbledon as I used to be when we had Federer, Rafa, Williams sisters etc.

Yel

I think the best days to go are QF or SF.

The RG final was pretty anti-climatic, as was last year's Wimbledon final and the one SF that actually happened.

If it's a Djokovic vs Alcaraz final then I can't see it being that different from RG, he burnt him right out and wasn't ever going to be close.

Reactions: 2
I saw Djokovic play at RG this year and no doubt he's an absolute machine as he has been for many years now. I really hope Alcaraz can do it!

If it's a Djokovic vs Alcaraz final then I can't see it being that different from RG, he burnt him right out and wasn't ever going to be close.
yep. and, as honest as alcatraz’s comments were at RG, it basically let djokovic know that it’s easy to get into his head and that alcaraz is still in awe of him. he’ll run right over him again.

it’s like verstappen in f1 right now. none of the competitors are anywhere near his level so the result (unless he crashes out) is a done deal before the race starts.