Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
After the other day I am not getting my hopes up...yet! haha.

This is an interesting argument. I've often wondered what it would be like to play a professional tennis match at that time of the month (the ad Heather Watson did for Always got me thinking lol). I would probably take medication to either delay it or stop it (like the pill) as I just don't think it would be comfortable! I don't necessarily think they should change the dress code just for that reason.

Tennis broadcaster claims Wimbledon's white dress code is too strict, period. - Euro Weekly News

Edit: forgot the link!

No, I daren’t get excited yet 😬

They discussed the period/whites issue during the Wimbledon coverage yesterday, and I recall one of the players who went out in an early round saying that they’d struggled due to period pain. It’s great that it’s being discussed and acknowledged in the mainstream coverage.

Reactions: 3

Yel

Chatty Member
If it comes to a ND/NK final, for the first time in my life I will be rooting for Novak (who I cannot abide under usual circumstances!)
same, never thought I'd be rooting for Novak ⚰

Although I was really keen to go to the final, but if it's those two I'm not sure it's worth £240

• Haha

Yel

Chatty Member
sportsmen have been “getting away” with this sort of thing for actual decades across all sports
You're right, but at the same time lots of things that people got away with decades ago they couldn't these days. It all reaches a tipping point eventually.

Other sports suspend people until an outcome has been reached. This could be the final straw and force them to do something. Imagine if he gets through to the sf.

it opens the conversation up over all sports.
It's about time that conversation was opened up.

Yel

Chatty Member
I've only got patchy data so watching the results only, but Novak doesn't get shaken and pulls it back so often. Not getting excited yet

Although hope it lasts another 3 hours till I get home and can watch the end 😄

Palmyra.

How much are the food and drinks?
It is 7.50 for a small can of pimms.

3 for a bottle of water. I didn’t see any refillable water stations that they have at Roland garros.

2.80 for a can of coke.

The food prices are shocking it was 11 pounds for this horrible bowl of chicken, then they have fish and chips for example but you cant just buy chips if you wanted a light snack you have to buy the fish also. I seen sandwiches that were also around 15 pounds filled with fancy ingredients.

I think you are allowed to bring some things in with you but it is hard to carry that around all day especially when it is hot.

• Wow
As much as I do want Rafa (🥰😍) to turn this around, the only ‘positive’ I’m trying to take from his potential loss tonight is that I would rather see him go out against Fritz than have to watch him endure and possibly get knocked out by awful NK. ‘Cos I’m that petty.

• Haha
  • Heart

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
If it goes distance then at least we know Cam has the physicality for it. I can't stand to watch but I hope Cam can pull off the win!

Glad Ostapenko lost in dubs. Petulant brat

NOOOO 😭😭

kyrgios in the final. i cannot believe it. as said upthread, the first time in my life i will support novak.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The only consolation I can take from this is that, despite my vehement dislike of Djokovic, he will most likely kick Kyrgios’s arse.

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
I am so disappointed!

I remember Judy Murray nicknamed him ‘Deliciano’ Lopez when Andy was partnered up with him for doubles 😂 Andy was so embarrassed hahahaha
Can't blame her, he's absolutely gorgeous.

Thrilled for Cam Norrie, he played his absolute heart out and deserves his place in the semis. Would love to see him put Novak out - I'm not a fan.

Not exactly shocked about the news that came out about Nick K - he's a horrible excuse for a man. Can't stand him.

quinzel

VIP Member
I am so disappointed!

i think it’s feliciano lopez (depending on the accent!) - i’ve definitely heard him on some other matches over the last few days.

wish we could see him too tbh, he is 🔥👌🏻
I remember Judy Murray nicknamed him ‘Deliciano’ Lopez when Andy was partnered up with him for doubles 😂 Andy was so embarrassed hahahaha

Last edited:
  • Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Imagine if the male winner is someone that goes on to be convicted of assault and the female winner is a Russian born and living player that relatively recently changed to Kazakhstan.
exactly this! it’s bad enough they’re both in the finals but can you imagine?!

if i’m medvedev right now i’m looking at rybakina and thinking, how is that fair?

LaBlonde

VIP Member
rafa looks so out of sorts :( he’s definitely hurt, i wonder how long he can cling on here.

• Sad