Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
think I'll still be all in for a nick victory tomorrow cos it seems he is capable of remorse and it seems something's changed in him the last couple of days, but novak is still a stone cold cunt

• Haha
Reactions: 5

coconochanel

VIP Member
Good day for the Brits today. Not sure what was wrong with Dan Evans, never seem to get out of first gear.

Who are your predictions for the male finals, i had hope it might of been Matteo Berrettini year. I am really not sure who the winner might be 🤷‍♀️
Anyone but Djokovic.

• Haha

MyLittlePony25

VIP Member

:oops:
Literally just came here to say this. I’m not surprised to be honest, he comes across as a very angry man that needs serious therapy and anger management sessions. He can be a good player and charismatic without being abusive.

You're right, but at the same time lots of things that people got away with decades ago they couldn't these days. It all reaches a tipping point eventually.
It does feel like NK’s ‘misdemeanours’ have accumulated to an untenable degree now.

Certainly there have been many many cases of arrogant sportsmen getting away with atrocious behaviour, but NK’s catalogue of very public nastiness is something I’ve never seen before.

During the Tsitsipas game they pointed out his fiancé in the box, and I wondered if it was all an act and in private he was a sweet, funny, nice man who was decent to those around him. Lo & behold, they’ve only been together a matter of months, and now he’s charged with assaulting another girlfriend just six months ago.

So I’m guessing he’s no fluffy bunny behind closed doors.

If he does play today (which I think he probably will), he’ll either be an absolute choir boy, or he’ll boil over and get himself disqualified.

Misssj80

VIP Member
Hoping this final feels more like a final than yesterday's women's match. I don't care who wins but am hoping for a good game

kachoochoo

VIP Member
ok, I have done a bit more research and yeah, nick ain't all that funny. eeesh, prick v prick in the final

• Haha
Thought any fellow Andrew Castle haters might appreciate this clip of him talking absolute nonsense last week

For many years now, I have berated Andrew Castle for the absolute shitness of his inane wittering, but that really is something special? 🤣

Oh I’m gonna miss Sue Barker 😢
Me too. Did you see the standing ovation she got during the centenary ceremony? I cried! 😢

• Heart

coconochanel

VIP Member
Fab win for Norrie but cant see him beating Novak. I also cant stand Djokovic think he's arrogant and not in a good way. Rafa fan here too would love for him to win it

COME ON RAFA 🥳 👏🎾❤🇪🇸

• Heart

Yel

Chatty Member
Novak is so bendy and Nick's posture is awful - always makes it look like he's worked for decades bent over a computer.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Rafa is such a sweetheart. I love his interviews. Compare him to that wretched twat Kyrgios and it’s like night and day.
i turn into a teenage girl when rafa starts speaking. that little hair tuck he does and the way his smile makes all his eye crinkles pop 🥹🥹 not to drag down the tone of this tennis thread but if he needs someone to strap up his abs again, i’ll do it for free.

kyrigos isn’t going to like how heavily the crowd will be on rafa’s side. and we know it doesn’t take much for him to start losing it.

• Haha

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I do agree with the reasoning behind banning russian players but they shouldn't have done it unless they could close the loopholes. Ban anyone that has competed under the Russian flag in the last X years or who resides there or something.
absolutely - i mean, rybakina has no real link to kazakhstan beyond the fact that they basically pay for her training. she was born in moscow and lives in moscow, she’s russian. like you say, they should have made sure that all possible loopholes were closed otherwise it makes a mockery of the ban.

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Andrew Castle really is such a dickhead. It boggles my mind that the BBC continue to employ him for tennis commentating. He’s so bad at it! Drones on, forgets what he was saying half way through a sermon, clearly has bias for certain players amongst other shitty qualities. Urgh.

Yel

Chatty Member
I've enjoyed quite a few matches this year, but I've totally lost interest since the quarters. I wouldn't even go tomorrow if someone offered me free tickets. Not a vintage year for sure.

Is there still not a decisive answer as to if Novak can play in the open?