Willy Wonka Experience Glasgow

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This whole thing is insane and needs it’s own thread.

Did anyone here go?

I really hope everyone who attended gets a refund.

The whole thing was made from AI, like the “script” and images for backdrops.
The guy behind it is of course a dodgy grifter.

This is from the guy who was hired to play Wonka, he seems like a decent guy.

(I couldn’t see one, sorry if there’s already a thread for this)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So Willy Wonky and the Oompa Loompa are on the train to London to do Breakfast show tv.

However someone has just outed that Willy Wonky was a drama teacher and she got flung out of the school for dating him at age 16. He was 23. Creepy behaviour.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I feel really bad for the Oompa Loompa lady. She’s given an interview and hates that she’s gone viral for a horrible photo of her at her lowest. Someone on Twitter said she was really nice and sweet to all the children and posted nice pictures of her interacting with them.

Also, not sure why anybody paid for this anyway. The leaflet was filled with spelling mistakes and words that don’t even make sense.

Reactions: 24
I feel really bad for the Oompa Loompa lady. She’s given an interview and hates that she’s gone viral for a horrible photo of her at her lowest. Someone on Twitter said she was really nice and sweet to all the children and posted nice pictures of her interacting with them.

Also, not sure why anybody paid for this anyway. The leaflet was filled with spelling mistakes and words that don’t even make sense.
There is some lovely footage of her interacting with kids. I hope she gets a bit of a platform from this. She seems sweet.

Definitely questioning the media literacy of the general public. I saw an advert on Fb for it and with the briefest of looks knew it would be godawful.

Reactions: 17
It’s so random. Like they only gave each child 3 jellybeans and half a cup of lemonade, yet they went to the effort of casting and costuming the Unknown. Make it make sense 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There is some lovely footage of her interacting with kids. I hope she gets a bit of a platform from this. She seems sweet.

Definitely questioning the media literacy of the general public. I saw an advert on Fb for it and with the briefest of looks knew it would be godawful.
It’s reminded me of Elfingrove, I knew that would be shite as well and it was

• Haha
Reactions: 5
A Facebook group I'm in for kids days out spent weeks on the run up arguing about this, whether it was real, was the AI just to keep the actual day a surprise etc. It was clearly a scam from the off, how did anyone think that would be achieved? And for two days only?

Reactions: 12
There really needs to be a tougher stance against shyster events such as this.

We've seen numerous 'Winter wonderland' and children themed events, be nothing more than money making crap, that fall far short of expectations.

Events such as this also have a knock on for other, similar events, as people will be more sceptical to part with their money in future.

Reactions: 12
This story cracks me up everytime I read about it. Don’t get me started on the memes 😂

I saw it advertised ages ago and my first words to my husband were “this has got to be a scam.” The AI posters, no actual details of what it was, very vague, misspelled words like “pasadise of sweet teats”. 💀

IMG_7143.jpeg

---
ETA: We did Elfingrove back in 2019 with our kids (a Christmas present from their grandparents) which was also tit though nothing on this level. Lesson learnt.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think we need more restrictions on how people are allowed to use AI. If you're a tit writer with 0 creativity you shouldn't just be able to pump out AI-written garbage and profit from it. I doubt many are reading them though.
It is so funny. I wonder if the guy himself found it funny too.

AI defo enables people to sound a lot more “legit” through adherence to standard English, business-appropriate language, and a broad vocabulary. the AI couldn’t cover up all of his wank but it did a decent enough job. It does tend towards a certain “voice” which is identifiable I guess. I think it’ll be a huge problem with phishing emails in future as they’ll sound much more convincing.

The AI-generated images and absence of real ones were for sure a red flag, although having said that on the Willy wonka post on the website (house of illuminati) there was what looked like a real photo of someone making a large, colourful carving of a mushroom. Who knows where he got that from

Reactions: 5
I was cackling at the Oompa Meth-lab meme but now I feel bad knowing the actress hired feels bad. I hope she gets a good job after this to make up for the embarrassment. The guy who ran the event should be prosecuted. But I suppose nothing can really stop any person renting a space and putting on an 'event'. I'm sure I heard somewhere there wasn't even any chocolate?!

Reactions: 9
Oompa Loompa lady
i feel for her! based on what she’s said and the other photos of her it looks like she tried really hard to still make it a “good” experience for the kids. i hope she gets work after this.

the memes from this have been outstanding though and absolutely why i will never truly leave twitter 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10