Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

HockyRorror

VIP Member
I feel really bad for the Oompa Loompa lady. Sheā€™s given an interview and hates that sheā€™s gone viral for a horrible photo of her at her lowest. Someone on Twitter said she was really nice and sweet to all the children and posted nice pictures of her interacting with them.

Also, not sure why anybody paid for this anyway. The leaflet was filled with spelling mistakes and words that donā€™t even make sense.

Reactions: 24
This sounds terrible but part of me thinks the people who saw these ridiculous Facebook ads and thought ā€˜yes, that looks worth moneyā€™ sort of need to take a bit of responsibility here. It was as clear as mud from the word go that this was going to be a farce. The ads told the story of what was to come.

Reactions: 22
I feel really bad for the Oompa Loompa lady. Sheā€™s given an interview and hates that sheā€™s gone viral for a horrible photo of her at her lowest. Someone on Twitter said she was really nice and sweet to all the children and posted nice pictures of her interacting with them.

Also, not sure why anybody paid for this anyway. The leaflet was filled with spelling mistakes and words that donā€™t even make sense.
There is some lovely footage of her interacting with kids. I hope she gets a bit of a platform from this. She seems sweet.

Definitely questioning the media literacy of the general public. I saw an advert on Fb for it and with the briefest of looks knew it would be godawful.

Reactions: 17

LittleMy

VIP Member
This story cracks me up everytime I read about it. Donā€™t get me started on the memes šŸ˜‚

I saw it advertised ages ago and my first words to my husband were ā€œthis has got to be a scam.ā€ The AI posters, no actual details of what it was, very vague, misspelled words like ā€œpasadise of sweet teatsā€. šŸ’€

IMG_7143.jpeg

---
ETA: We did Elfingrove back in 2019 with our kids (a Christmas present from their grandparents) which was also shit though nothing on this level. Lesson learnt.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

ot55

VIP Member
Itā€™s so random. Like they only gave each child 3 jellybeans and half a cup of lemonade, yet they went to the effort of casting and costuming the Unknown. Make it make sense šŸ˜­

• Haha
Reactions: 15

OoErrMissus

Fools and their money are easily parted.
Not sure how true this is, but I saw on TikTok that someone in a Facebook group about this event had started a GoFundMe to ā€œgive the kids a nice day outā€.. The absolute cretin inside me hopes thatā€™s a scam too.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Scragbags

VIP Member
I bet if they opened it up again the influencers would pay 100's to go and take selfies. Is it actually a full circle genius business idea? šŸ¤”

• Haha

mochibean

VIP Member
  • Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
This sounds terrible but part of me thinks the people who saw these ridiculous Facebook ads and thought ā€˜yes, that looks worth moneyā€™ sort of need to take a bit of responsibility here. It was as clear as mud from the word go that this was going to be a farce. The ads told the story of what was to come.
Fools and their money are easily parted.

IngressUK

VIP Member
There really needs to be a tougher stance against shyster events such as this.

We've seen numerous 'Winter wonderland' and children themed events, be nothing more than money making crap, that fall far short of expectations.

Events such as this also have a knock on for other, similar events, as people will be more sceptical to part with their money in future.

Reactions: 12

Shrekssister

VIP Member
A Facebook group I'm in for kids days out spent weeks on the run up arguing about this, whether it was real, was the AI just to keep the actual day a surprise etc. It was clearly a scam from the off, how did anyone think that would be achieved? And for two days only?

Reactions: 12

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Oompa Loompa lady
i feel for her! based on what sheā€™s said and the other photos of her it looks like she tried really hard to still make it a ā€œgoodā€ experience for the kids. i hope she gets work after this.

the memes from this have been outstanding though and absolutely why i will never truly leave twitter šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 10

anushorribilis

This whole thing is insane and needs itā€™s own thread.

Did anyone here go?

I really hope everyone who attended gets a refund.

The whole thing was made from AI, like the ā€œscriptā€ and images for backdrops.
The guy behind it is of course a dodgy grifter.

This is from the guy who was hired to play Wonka, he seems like a decent guy.

(I couldnā€™t see one, sorry if thereā€™s already a thread for this)
So over on TikTok this guy has already been outed as somebody who likes young girls and was even dating a pupil whilst working in the school she was a pupil in!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9