Willy Wonka Experience Glasgow

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The unknown is making an appearance at Horror Con (horror convention) in Glasgow.

Hope she absolutely rakes it in.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This whole thing is insane and needs it’s own thread.

Did anyone here go?

I really hope everyone who attended gets a refund.

The whole thing was made from AI, like the “script” and images for backdrops.
The guy behind it is of course a dodgy grifter.

This is from the guy who was hired to play Wonka, he seems like a decent guy.

(I couldn’t see one, sorry if there’s already a thread for this)
So over on TikTok this guy has already been outed as somebody who likes young girls and was even dating a pupil whilst working in the school she was a pupil in!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
So over on TikTok this guy has already been outed as somebody who likes young girls and was even dating a pupil whilst working in the school she was a pupil in!
Ugh, that’s horrific. I take it back what I said about him seeming like a decent guy.

Reactions: 4
I want to know if Billy Coull (the guy who used AI to create the whole thing) at any point read the scripts he handed out? How did he ever think he’d get away with it? Apparently he had a huge wedding in Turkey planned with the proceeds but has cancelled it now, I desperately wanted to know if he’d write his vows with AI 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I want to know if Billy Coull (the guy who used AI to create the whole thing) at any point read the scripts he handed out? How did he ever think he’d get away with it? Apparently he had a huge wedding in Turkey planned with the proceeds but has cancelled it now, I desperately wanted to know if he’d write his vows with AI 😂
From what some of the actors were saying on the scam FB group, no they hadn't 😂 they never even brought a hoover for Wonka to suck up the unknown with despite it being in the script 😂😂
I think they are still together, she's just not wanting to get any backlash from it! Comments in the group give the impression she was fully involved!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What's amazing to me is just how much press this is getting. I'm half the world away, and it's being reported on everywhere! And I'm seeing tons of YouTube commentary videos about it and other memes elsewhere poking fun at it.

Now, don't get me wrong, it is pretty comical, but as far as shoddy slapped-together events go, is it all that unique? Others in this thread have mentioned similar events that are not worth the price of admission, and they happen every day all over the world. Traveling carnivals have been doing this scam for centuries.

Is it the "AI" aspect that is drawing the headlines in this case? If it is, I think it's the least compelling piece of the whole thing. Looking at the graphics in the posters, it should be obvious that they are not photographs of any actual place. It's sort of the way the graphics on an old video game box in no way resemble the actual gameplay. Would the story be getting the attention that it is currently if the images were drawn by human artists instead of generated by AI?

I'm just surprised that I'm hearing about it at all and that the story isn't confined to a few Facebook groups for Scottish parents where people give it poor reviews, and it fades to obscurity.

Between this guy and Billy McFarland, the Fyre Festival con artist, maybe society will finally decide that we shouldn't take grown-ass men who choose to go by "Billy" seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
What's amazing to me is just how much press this is getting. I'm half the world away, and it's being reported on everywhere! And I'm seeing tons of YouTube commentary videos about it and other memes elsewhere poking fun at it.

Now, don't get me wrong, it is pretty comical, but as far as shoddy slapped-together events go, is it all that unique? Others in this thread have mentioned similar events that are not worth the price of admission, and they happen every day all over the world. Traveling carnivals have been doing this scam for centuries.

Is it the "AI" aspect that is drawing the headlines in this case? If it is, I think it's the least compelling piece of the whole thing. Looking at the graphics in the posters, it should be obvious that they are not photographs of any actual place. It's sort of the way the graphics on an old video game box in no way resemble the actual gameplay. Would the story be getting the attention that it is currently if the images were drawn by human artists instead of generated by AI?

I'm just surprised that I'm hearing about it at all and that the story isn't confined to a few Facebook groups for Scottish parents where people give it poor reviews, and it fades to obscurity.
I’ve had friends in America ask if I’ve heard about it! 🤣

I don’t think it’s the AI aspect that’s made it go viral, I think it’s just that the images like the miserable looking Oompa Loompa and the sheer “wtf?” of The Unknown have such perfect meme potential.

I seen on tiktok the miserable Oompa Loompa is charging for personal video messages from her in costume. Hope she makes a fortune from it x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Willy Wonka isn't out of copyright yet, is he? This guy is lucky he hasn't been sued by Roald Dahl's estate, or Warner Bros.

Willy Wonka isn't out of copyright yet, is he? This guy is lucky he hasn't been sued by Roald Dahl's estate, or Warner Bros.
I think they sidestepped it because despite the media (and title of this thread!) referencing Willy Wonka, Oompa Loompa’s and The Chocolate Factory, I don’t think they themselves referenced any of those things. It skirts close but I don’t think it would be a 100% slam dunk.

Also, pursuing a lawsuit would probably backfire on the RD estate/WB if they attempted to. Despite it being initially mocked I think Social Media would start a revolt if they went down that route!

Reactions: 2
A mate up in Glasgow took their kids and they loved it - so it seems it wasn’t all bad 😂

IMG_0760.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I watched the Channel 5 documentary, which featured the organiser, who just seemed to sit there and whinge a lot.

Seems like he isn't giving people their money back like he promised, he is advising them to go to their bank and ask them to return it?

So I take it the event wasn't properly insured and underwritten then?

Reactions: 2
I watched the Channel 5 documentary, which featured the organiser, who just seemed to sit there and whinge a lot.

Seems like he isn't giving people their money back like he promised, he is advising them to go to their bank and ask them to return it?

So I take it the event wasn't properly insured and underwritten then?

I watched it aswell and in the FB group most people who have had refunds seem to have got them through a chargeback with the bank and some have had it taken back off them because he's disputed it, assuming this means he's kept all of the money?

• Wow