William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm listening to Michelle Obama's book and she really is an inspirational woman. The beginning bit of the book, before she even met Barack was really interesting. She spoke about her ' faux pas'. Putting her arm around the Queen. To be honest, it made the people who made the fuss sound like twats to denigrate this intelligent accomplished noble woman who put her arm round an elderly woman as an act of kindness and humanity. I doubt The Queen minded, but she wasnt told how to behave and not to touch the Quren
I like Michelle Obama.
But I found it a bit patronising putting her arm around the Queen, especially giving their height and age difference.
Did she ask "how are you, dear?'. Just MO.

But I agree, she should have been advised about protocol.
I do find that very strange though, my friend met the Queen and PP at polo; and they were all instructed beforehand on how to behave.

Plus I hate strangers invading my personal space.
And all that double kissing nonsense at work/visiting clients...
At least, that should be an end to it after the pandemic; I really hope.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Ha, that is true about the hair styles, but Kate did switch it up occasionally - had a fringe, went a bit lighter, straight blow dry, a bit shorter.
But yes, generally the same.

I think Kate and TQ look very English. Latizia is from Spain, and Jacqui from the US - different countries with different styles.

I feel that Kate sometimes is a bit edgy - the dark sharp suit she wore when presenting the Photographer of the Year Award, the leo sprint maxi skirt, the purple blouse, the pink coat she wore recently, the wide legged trousers.
I also liked her long flowery dresses - she was obviously into them, a personal choice.
She likes romantic dresses, wedges, pussy bows, wide legged trousers, the military style, nude heels - I think this is her personal taste.

I don't think Be a, Eugenie or Meghan have a similar style personality - Meghan has her white pressed shirt and skinny jeans, but that's it. Other than that it is just random designer clothing, no clear direction.
Yeah Kate's switched the hair up a bit over the years, nothing dramatic, but I am fine with that.
I'd love to see her with shorter hair more often though, say shoulder length and some more updos.

The black suit came only out after Meg wore that style a few times and K's black suit was imo one of her best looks.
Meg's style was a bit "office with an edge" at times (eg leather skirt) and K adopted quite a bit of inspo from M, she wore trousers and suits more often, proper handbags instead of clutches at all times, ditched the fugly wedges and fugly as heck spray on jeggings finally.
Meg was also more in the "sleek, simple, elegant, professional" categories overall.

From K's wardrobe I hate the most the jeggings, wedges, frilly dresses and busy prints and some of the military cosplay (though some of it I like a lot, but some of the black coats were eg too much).

I also like K's dress coats, but she overdid it a bit with what she thought to be "princessy/duchessy" and I like that she wears now more suits and trousers and long regular coats.

Reactions: 4
Yeah Kate's switched the hair up a bit over the years, nothing dramatic, but I am fine with that.
I'd love to see her with shorter hair more often though, say shoulder length and some more updos.

The black suit came only out after Meg wore that style a few times and K's black suit was imo one of her best looks.
Meg's style was a bit "office with an edge" at times (eg leather skirt) and K adopted quite a bit of inspo from M, she wore trousers and suits more often, proper handbags instead of clutches at all times, ditched the fugly wedges and fugly as heck spray on jeggings finally.
Meg was also more in the "sleek, simple, elegant, professional" categories overall.

From K's wardrobe I hate the most the jeggings, wedges, frilly dresses and busy prints and some of the military cosplay (though some of it I like a lot, but some of the black coats were eg too much).

I also like K's dress coats, but she overdid it a bit with what she thought to be "princessy/duchessy" and I like that she wears now more suits and trousers and long regular coats.
Hm, I think Kate occasionally wore suits throughout her time as a Duchess and suits are so common that I really doubt that Meghan inspired her to wear a suit or trousers.
She also wouldn't wear them when she was pregnant, so this time would need to be deducted - pregnant women don't look good in suits.

True, Meghan didn't wear prints at all, but she is also short and prints would make her look even shorter.

Reactions: 10
People keep saying on this thread that Meghan is short. She's 5 ft 6 which is slightly above the average UK women's height of 5 ft 4.

Reactions: 9
People keep saying on this thread that Meghan is short. She's 5 ft 6 which is slightly above the average UK women's height of 5 ft 4.
Oh really? She looks tiny in the photos! I wonder why her engagement coat swamped her so much? She is a beautiful woman with a lovely figure but that outfit was not good!

Reactions: 1
Oh really? She looks tiny in the photos! I wonder why her engagement coat swamped her so much? She is a beautiful woman with a lovely figure but that outfit was not good!
Harry's pretty tall - 6'1". William's 6'3".

She might not be short for "normal" standards, but photographs have the tendency to make people look shorter yet heavier, this is why models traditionally had to be tall and very skinny.

I think this is also why Kate looks so good in pictures - she is tall and very slim. She is not much shorter than William.

Reactions: 3
I thought that was one of the few earlier outfits she got right. Although there was a programme on a few weeks ago where a Princes Trust ambassador said she wore the exact outfit to KP a few days before, right down to the shoes.

She might not be short for "normal" standards, but photographs have the tendency to make people look shorter yet heavier, this is why models traditionally had to be tall and very skinny.

I think this is also why Kate looks so good in pictures - she is tall and very slim. She is not much shorter than William.
Bring tall worked well for Diana as well

I thought that was one of the few earlier outfits she got right. Although there was a programme on a few weeks ago where a Princes Trust ambassador said she wore the exact outfit to KP a few days before, right down to the shoes.
Really? I found this outfit really strange, the black expensive evening dress and then the big white bathrobe coat around it.
And the ties of the shoes wrapped around the soles.

Reactions: 5
Kate is 5ft 9 and usually wears high heels.
At 5'6, Meghan is on the taller end for women but she's not nearly as slim or quite as tall as Kate, and it's why she looks short and more frumpy by extension. Also Meghan seems to have very thin legs, especially her calves, but holds most of her weight in the mid section. Kate by contrast is long and lean all over with nicely defined legs. It's why DM readers called Kate thin and sporty while Meghan was called chicken legs. Someone needs to share Kate's calf exercises. :p

1617482972365.png

1617482893088.png

Reactions: 9
Meghan's engagement dress was dark green not black. She wore it again to one of her final Royal engagements. I really liked the dress but not the engagement bathrobe or strappy too big sandals.

Reactions: 2
Respectfully, she's not. She is 5'4" maximum. In this photo below, Jacinda Ardern is 165cm tall (or 5'4"); look how Meghan compares (and I'd argue her heel height is higher than Jacinda's):

1617508525664.png

• Wow
Reactions: 6
????

???? “Went straight into defensive mode.” All the man said was that he hasn’t spoken to his brother yet but will be, and in answer to the “is the Royal family a racist family?” he said “we are very much not a racist family”. All said in the tone in which I’ve normally heard him speak, he didn’t appear emotional & certainly not defensive.

IMO the Royal family have a lot of problems (starting with Andrew) but they have dealt well with this. They are not about to get into a public tit for tat.

Does Harry have much empathy for William? He claimed to while at the same time allowing his wife to throw Kate under a bus & claiming his family/the firm were jealous of how good Meghan was at the job after their first tour. Harry seems to constantly demanding empathy & mentioning his mother, who was also his brother’s mother, there’s only 2/3 between them. Harry said a few years ago that he struggles with anger & he clearly does. Harry needs constructive therapy not Oprah. Within families people get sick of one person constantly playing the victim. His life hasn’t been harder than William’s.

I suspect the Queen is giving W&K a chance to enjoy their young family which she herself was denied. Charles is there anyway plus Anne & Edward so there is no need for W&K to do more. When he is king it’ll all be on them anyway
Thank you. He and his family were accused if racism, what response would you expect. I am gald he said what he said. He was asked a question and he answered it.

Reactions: 5
Meghan's engagement dress was dark green not black. She wore it again to one of her final Royal engagements. I really liked the dress but not the engagement bathrobe or strappy too big sandals.
Ah, you mean the green dress from the engagement interview.
I was referring the black evening dress she wore for the engagement photos in the garden.

I quite liked the green dress, but she shouldn't have worn it for the last engagements as it was too tight then and compared unfavourably

Reactions: 4
Respectfully, she's not. She is 5'4" maximum. In this photo below, Jacinda Ardern is 165cm tall (or 5'4"); look how Meghan compares (and I'd argue her heel height is higher than Jacinda's):

View attachment 513266
Not surprised! A lot of Hollywood types and Hollywood wannabes add a few inches to their resume seem taller than they are since that’s considered desirable. I’m 5’7 and have met Tom Cruise in person. He’s supposedly 5’9 on his card but I was even slightly taller than him.

Reactions: 8
Kate takes a few mediocre photos of her kids, she has a chef and no doubt a PT, she's also naturally slender. She doesn't have an athletic body at all. She's slim.
To be honest, I don't think Kate is naturally all that thin. She had a very athletic figure in high school and in college. I dare say she looked healthier anymore natural back then. I think she puts a lot of effort into weight loss and dieting nowadays. This is a picture of her in high school and she's way thinner now than she was then. If a middle aged woman who had 3 children is thinner than she was in high school, I'm pretty sure she puts a lot of effort into her exercise and diet. TBH, I think Kate would look a bit better with a bit more weight.

Attachments

Reactions: 17
Interesting snippets from data lounge-
What surprised me was Zara Tindall might not be a Phillips!! Also William having a few children outside marriage!! Lol

You don't think that has William long strayed from haggy Catherine? He has several mistresses and at least two of them got knocked up.
Why is this shocking? It runs rampant in the family. Neither of Charles' son's are his. Philip has several love children also. Only Charles and Anne are actually Queen & Philip's.
I could show you receipts but then I'd have to kill you :) Better you do your own research and ask yourself is it really that far fetched a notion.
People only show you what they want you to see. And with the super wealthy and Royals, they have the perfect teams in place to spin you the perfect fairy tale.
--It'll all come out one day.

Jury's out about Harry, but William is no question 100% Charles's spawn. Come one.

Rumors for years about Andrew and Ed's paternity. We'll never know until long after they're dead and gone. The other paternity question I do believe though is Zara Philips - she's from an affair her mother Anne has with her RPO, and not biologically Mark Philips'.

R111 Yes you're correct about Zara.

Prince William looks nothing like a Windsor. There were rumors for years he was the son of King Juan Carlos of Spain.

Charles, back in the day, was sleeping with W&H's nanny Tiggy Legge Bourke, Catherine Zeta Jones & Tara Palmer Tompkinson at the same time.

Guess it was a three name thing!
R110 and R111 - thanks for reminding me - I had forgotten about some of those rumors.

I remember hearing the rumors of an affair between JC and Diana, but wasn’t William a honeymoon baby? They did not visit Spain on their honeymoon (in fact JC declined to attend the wedding because they were stopping in Gibraltar on the honeymoon) so not sure JC could have fathered William. Though it could explain his height that I had chalked up to Spencer genes. Also, just look at how much Charlotte looks like the Queen as a toddler. All things considered, I’d say Charles is the father.

I know everyone thinks Hewitt was Harry’s father, but I don’t. I actually see him looking more and more like Prince Philip as a young man. If I were to place a bet, I’d bet on Charles being the father.

Of course we’ll probably never know one way or the other.

As far as Andrew and Edward go - I think it was Nigel Dempster who kept pushing for years that Lord Portchester was Andrew’s father. Can’t remember hearing anything about Edward being the product of an affair.

Zara Phillips Tindel is a new one for me!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.