William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah yes, the infamous prickly British humour when they cannot take a joke ;)

He was discharged after the Oprah interview so as to milk maximum sympathy points.
I doubt if his Doctor cares about the Oprah interview any more than I do. People even thought that he had died and it was being kept a secret way before that. Anxiously waiting for the breaking news as Prince Charles was crying 😁😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
He was discharged after the Oprah interview so as to milk maximum sympathy points.
You truly believe that they would keep a 99 year old man in hospital during a global pandemic for longer than necessary in order to get sympathy? I honestly doubt that.

Reactions: 15
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve heard “Prince Philip is dead but they’re delaying the announcement” rumours. It was literally going around two or three times a year at one point.

The last time, around this time last year IIRC, my brother and his girlfriend swore blind that their friend’s dad had Palace links and it was definitely true. They even said “why would our friend lie to us?” I said nah, it’s bollocks, this is such a regular urban myth that goes around.

I was so smug when I was proved right 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve lost count how many times I’ve heard “Prince Philip is dead but they’re delaying the announcement” rumours. It was literally going around two or three times a year at one point.

The last time, around this time last year IIRC, my brother and his girlfriend swore blind that their friend’s dad had Palace links and it was definitely true. They even said “why would our friend lie to us?” I said nah, it’s bollocks, this is such a regular urban myth that goes around.

I was so smug when I was proved right 🤣
My crystal ball says that he will definitely be dead in the next 5 years or so, so one day, someone will be right 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Reading that just makes me feel sorry for kate - if even half of that is true William is a dick and her self-esteem but be nil to hang around for him for so long.
It’s sad really if indeed it’s true, if any of the other girls he was actually interested in wanted to marry him it would be bye bye Kate!! It’s sad that she was second best in a way!! In the end though she got what she wanted that must count for something!!

Reactions: 5
It’s sad really if indeed it’s true, if any of the other girls he was actually interested in wanted to marry him it would be bye bye Kate!! It’s sad that she was second best in a way!! In the end though she got what she wanted that must count for something!!
Kate must think being a Duchess / Princess / future Queen is worth sacrificing your dignity over but other girls didn't.

Reactions: 10
These other women that William dated seem if the "Old money" brigade with Royal connections. They have also carved out their own careers with varying success. Kate is not in the same class really, her Mum is of working class origin who married upwards. But they don't have the same royal connections or aristocratic links as the others. They are also familiar with how royalty works do didn't want to be stepford/ royal wives
Kate did not have a career but was determined to land William by being what his family wanted or a Stepford wife and brood mare. She must have massive confidence to pull it off .

Reactions: 7
These other women that William dated seem if the "Old money" brigade with Royal connections. They have also carved out their own careers with varying success. Kate is not in the same class really, her Mum is of working class origin who married upwards. But they don't have the same royal connections or aristocratic links as the others. They are also familiar with how royalty works do didn't want to be stepford/ royal wives
Kate did not have a career but was determined to land William by being what his family wanted or a Stepford wife and brood mare. She must have massive confidence to pull it off .
I agree with you. All the aristocratic women know too much about the Royals to want to marry them. Why should they bother with all the ridiculous nonsense and press scrutiny when they can do what they like? They have family money and connections, can do a career that they like and marry a rich guy and live in private. I think it will be difficult for the Royals to find compliant wives now women can turn them down without being beheaded! I dont think Kate has much self confidence though, at least in her own abilities. Getting her man was her goal and she did that. As a result she doesnt have much personality or any interests outside being a Royal wife so is a perfect empty vessel for the Roysls Whether the worm will turn later, I dont know.Maybe she will just stick it out now whether or not she is happy.

Reactions: 8
Or so little confidence she’s willing to accept the weird half life she has?

Or so little confidence she’s willing to accept the weird half life she has?
Yes that's thats another side of the coin. My thinking was so she was gutsy enough to take on these other women who probably thought of her as vastly inferior as would the RF .

Reactions: 6
I think Kate is a good catch for William. She is loyal and diplomatic, beautiful and talented - look at her sports talent and athletic body, her accomplishments in photography and her grace and charm when at engagements.

She might not be perfect - but let's face it: she is above average and most of us couldn't even compete with her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
I think Kate is a good catch for William. She is loyal and diplomatic, beautiful and talented - look at her sports talent and athletic body, her accomplishments in photography and her grace and charm when at engagements.

She might not be perfect - but let's face it: she is above average and most of us couldn't even compete with her.
She takes photos of her kids and plays tennis. Many women would have an athletic body if all they had to do all day was go to the gym and play tennis! I would say many, many women could compete with her in terms of talent, intellect and accomplishments!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You only have too watch the way that they interact with each other, to see that they are very much in love

• Wow
Reactions: 13

Please. Kate is pretty but hardly supermodel in her looks. She's healthy and athletic looking though - that I'll give her. But she studied Art History in College which is a joke of a major - basically for rich girls who don't need to work.

I bet if a lot of girls had no full time job and had all the time in the world to work out, play sports, had the massive $ to buy clothes that she does, pursue our interests like photography, we'd be better off than she is.

Reactions: 12
Please. Kate is pretty but hardly supermodel in her looks. She's healthy and athletic looking though - that I'll give her. But she studied Art History in College which is a joke of a major - basically for rich girls who don't need to work.

I bet if a lot of girls had no full time job and had all the time in the world to work out, play sports, had the massive $ to buy clothes that she does, pursue our interests like photography, we'd be better off than she is.
And she still manages to dress like a 60 year old!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9

If most of us had the free time Kate has we'd do a great job at all of the above and more. She was freaked when Megan hit her foot to the ground when she joined the royals - shows how lazy she is

I agree with you. All the aristocratic women know too much about the Royals to want to marry them. Why should they bother with all the ridiculous nonsense and press scrutiny when they can do what they like? They have family money and connections, can do a career that they like and marry a rich guy and live in private. I think it will be difficult for the Royals to find compliant wives now women can turn them down without being beheaded! I dont think Kate has much self confidence though, at least in her own abilities. Getting her man was her goal and she did that. As a result she doesnt have much personality or any interests outside being a Royal wife so is a perfect empty vessel for the Roysls Whether the worm will turn later, I dont know.Maybe she will just stick it out now whether or not she is happy.
Have a look at women elsewhere in a similar position. Queen Letizia of Spain was a television journalist and news anchor. Queen Máxima of the Netherlands has a degree in economics and worked in finance. Queen Mathilde of Belgium (a Belgian aristocrat) was a speech therapist with a masters degree in psychology. Crown Princess Mary of Denmark was an advertising account manager and sales consultant. Queen Rania of Jordan worked for Citibank and Apple after a degree in business. Queen Jetsun Pema of Bhutan has a degree in international relations and, at 30, takes an active role in national projects as well as having two preschool sons. Empress Masako of Japan has an economics degree from Harvard and started a masters degree in international relations at Oxford before marrying; she worked in the diplomatic service. Crown Princess Kiko of Japan has a bachelors degree in psychology, a humanities masters degree in social psychology, and a PhD in humanities.

I really don't think that Kate can compare with any of these women in similar positions with her CV comprising a degree in history of art and a few temporary jobs here and there before marrying. Since then, she has provided an heir and two spares but has done little else other than very few engagements compared to other members of the family. Even her cousin by marriage has kept up an international standard sports career in addition to a family. She needs to take a leaf out of the books of the queens and princesses elsewhere, stop looking like a granny in her 60s, embrace some decent jewellery and clothes, and get down to some hard work. She may well find some happiness in that.

ETA: While Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway was somewhat of an educational drop out before marriage and studied part-time before working as an occasional waitress, she has since worked hard on university-level courses and gained a masters degree in executive management.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.