William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's make this clear.

Duchess Catherine > Meghan Markle.

All the Markle fans are almost always either Hollywood fanatics or leftists who think they're being good people by supporting a mixed-race woman.
Not really. I was a Meghan fan. I was delighted to see a breath of fresh air come into the royal family and delighted for Harry to have met his love.
After the documentary, I'm seeing a different picture of them both. I really feel for Harry and for me, Meghan is showing a hand that tells me she's playing on Harry's worries and using them to get what she wants.

She could have been a great asset to the royal family had they stayed. I wasn't in a Meghan V Kate camp. Both are their own women and very different in personality.
Both have their merits.

Reactions: 14
But that’s your choice, why are you making an issue about what someone else chose not to do? This is nothing to do with whether a face covering should or shouldn’t be worn, it was a woman paying her respects & showing her support with no fanfare for a woman in her position 👏🏼
I literally haven't even mentioned Kate and gave no opinion aside from some facts on Covid and the general situation.
So I don't even understand this reply to me.

Also, no it is not my choice, as I explicitly wrote that in some towns there's a set law that masks must be worn even in the open, but a town on the other side may not have the rule and I can't be bothered to keep up with every town that borders on mine so I stick the thing on, esp as I see many other people wear them in the open even where I know for a fact that it's not a law.

Reactions: 1
Let's make this clear.

Duchess Catherine > Meghan Markle.

All the Markle fans are almost always either Hollywood fanatics or leftists who think they're being good people by supporting a mixed-race woman.
There are also huge swathes of people who wouldnt have normally given a toss, but feel the need to defend a woman subject to huge amounts of abuse and ridiculous allegations on the basis of her being.I'm not sure what- an American and an actress and marrying poor mindless drone Prince Harry. Shes very annoying, yes, and a bit woke and was stupid enough to marry into the Royal Family and think she could make a difference, but the vitriol is really off the scale from the press and some people who seem obsessed by their hatred of her. The Royals dont need protection
They are really logically unjustifiable and have a huge PR machine including most of the British Press and establishment protecting them from any scrutiny.

Reactions: 19
Well, people perceive and interpret it in different ways.

Meghan was criticised for being hypocritical (eg whining about her hard life whilst visiting Africa) and I guess some people feel Kate hasn't had the same experience as many of us (having been with William since college, she probably never walked home for an hour but always took a cab and she also didn't live in Brixton but in Chelsea).

I don't criticise Kate and saw it as a genuine wish to pay respect but respect that some people feel that it is a PR stunt.
She didn’t wear a mask because she wanted to be recognised. Found it slightly odd that she was there at all, doesn’t seem to tie in with her “causes” as such. Women’s rights more of Meghan’s thing publicly.

Reactions: 11
The more I think about it maybe she had to be “recognised” so that her RPO’s could spot her from a distance with others around? At the end the day they all play the PR game, I’d rather something like this than some tv interview full of lies and half stories.

Reactions: 6
The more I think about it maybe she had to be “recognised” so that her RPO’s could spot her from a distance with others around? At the end the day they all play the PR game, I’d rather something like this than some tv interview full of lies and half stories.
No, they'd recognize her regardless, esp as 1 would be closely trailing her. If a second was present, that one'd be at a safe distance (keeping a close eye).
If an RPO/any security person can't recognize their protege (due to a mask) they'd pretty useless at their job!

Yeah, they all play the PR game and need it for survival, though I do like that Kate went. Horrifying case.

Reactions: 7
No, they'd recognize her regardless, esp as 1 would be closely trailing her. If a second was present, that one'd be at a safe distance (keeping a close eye).
If an RPO/any security person can't recognize their protege (due to a mask) they'd pretty useless at their job!

Yeah, they all play the PR game and need it for survival, though I do like that Kate went. Horrifying case.
I was meaning more as is an unrestricted view of her face with others in the way but I can see it doesn’t matter what I say I’ll be wrong.

I was meaning more as is an unrestricted view of her face with others in the way but I can see it doesn’t matter what I say I’ll be wrong.
Ah no, differing opinions and viewpoints keep the place alive ;)💐

Reactions: 5
I do quite like Kate and William, however, the press coverage of them over the past few days has been very OTT, so obvious it’s after Harry and Megan’s interview 🙄

Reactions: 12
There are also huge swathes of people who wouldnt have normally given a toss, but feel the need to defend a woman subject to huge amounts of abuse and ridiculous allegations on the basis of her being.I'm not sure what- an American and an actress and marrying poor mindless drone Prince Harry. Shes very annoying, yes, and a bit woke and was stupid enough to marry into the Royal Family and think she could make a difference, but the vitriol is really off the scale from the press and some people who seem obsessed by their hatred of her. The Royals dont need protection
They are really logically unjustifiable and have a huge PR machine including most of the British Press and establishment protecting them from any scrutiny.
I personally didn't have problem with MM, I even felt sorry for her, because, if my daughter ever should get an idea to marry in such a family it will be nuclear:) But giving the interview about how hard it is in the middle of Africa, c'mon. I don't like this new "victim" ideology and phony feminism. If you are really self aware and self made person you ask yourself if you are ok, and if you are not, you state it loud and clear to relevant persons and you get out. Also I don't like that in 21. century you have stereotype classic housewife as opposed idol to MM (also it would be nuclear war if my daughter throw away all her hard wok at uni for that). But at least Kate's hypocrisy is not "in your face". She does job she signed for, whether from love or something else I don't know.

I personally didn't have problem with MM, I even felt sorry for her, because, if my daughter ever should get an idea to marry in such a family it will be nuclear:) But giving the interview about how hard it is in the middle of Africa, c'mon. I don't like this new "victim" ideology and phony feminism. If you are really self aware and self made person you ask yourself if you are ok, and if you are not, you state it loud and clear to relevant persons and you get out. Also I don't like that in 21. century you have stereotype classic housewife as opposed idol to MM (also it would be nuclear war if my daughter throw away all her hard wok at uni for that). But at least Kate's hypocrisy is not "in your face". She does job she signed for, whether from love or something else I don't know.
Yes Im not saying she isnt completely out of touch, but she is nowhere near comparable to Kate in relation to their roles. MM is married to the 7th in line to the Throne. Her and Harry are not going to be anything to do with anyone, yet people act as if she is going to burn down Buckingham Palace! William and Kate want to be Heads of State and expect me and my children to pay for them for the rest of their and their childrens lives. They do not have the option to say ' oh I want to be a housewife' We're paying for them. If Harry and Meghan want to get a private company to pay for them, I don't care. Its not my money. I dont care if they only got those roles because they are royals. Thats how all the Royal hangers on make their money ( and there are a lot of them). Let them be

Reactions: 11
I don't have a problem for them to leave. I think that most of the abuse is born from that african interview. If they wanted out, they should have said to TQ "Listen we want out, this doesn't work. Let's deal." But they said it first in IG post! If they really wanted out to be independent, they should have press conference, brief statement and that's it. Why interview with Oprah? Why publicity not about their causes but about themselves? That's what bugging me.

Reactions: 5
She didn’t wear a mask because she wanted to be recognised. Found it slightly odd that she was there at all, doesn’t seem to tie in with her “causes” as such. Women’s rights more of Meghan’s thing publicly.
As I said earlier, I think she just empathised. Like so many of us did. She seemed very much to be there as a private citizen imo. But I respect being cynical about it all!

By the by, women's rights is actually really a Sophie thing. She's had patronages in the area for years. Here's a video call she did for Commonwealth Day and International Women's Day:

I do quite like Kate and William, however, the press coverage of them over the past few days has been very OTT, so obvious it’s after Harry and Megan’s interview 🙄
Their school visit would have been penciled in months ago, and confirmed as soon as Boris announced dates for schools reopening. The royals move slowly and plan well in advance. It's just good timing they had a commitment in the week following the interview Convenient for them I am sure! ;)

Reactions: 1
Could just be a woman that was stalked by men most of her 20s feeling a connection to the story like so many women have done?

Reactions: 22
An innocent woman getting senselessly murdered is everybody's cause.

Reactions: 20
If you think Kate does it for love or something else (and who knows), don’t you think the something else could apply to Meghan. When she met Harry she was a woman likely at the end of a short acting career & a huge Diana fan. I think people’s issue with MM is both the victim hood thing as you say, but also she’s not doesn’t appear to be at all genuine. The first sign - I’m American so we don’t know much about the Royal family. Ah of course you do & then it turns out she is actually a huge Diana fan so in fact knows more about the Royals than the average person! There was some truth in that interview but it seemed littered with untruths, assumptions & exaggerations.
I think BP probably didn’t treat her brilliantly but I’d have to assume they saw her coming. She strikes me as a woman who married Prince Harry for fame & fortune.
As BP pointed out to her she wasn’t staff so why was she speaking to HR? Why not her own doctor? To put it on record?

She seemed to have a go at Kate more than once in that interview. Could she not have just said she didn’t make Kate cry as she suggested BP could have done & left it.

I feel very harsh saying this but Diana has been dead for a long time. Wills kids making cards & putting them on Instagram. I’m a bit torn.

Reactions: 10
Yes, I think the BRF as a family are not very close.
Harry had always joined Wills and Kate, but then had a partner himself and they drifted apart also. W and K now spent time with Mike and Zara (and the children), but the others don't seem to interact much.

Also, if the Americans didn't know much about the BRF and supposedly aren't that interested - why did Oprah get 9 Mill for the interview and everyone watched it?

If the tabloids in the US are less aggressive, why did they have to sue due to drones?

Agree with the doctor and Kate comments

Literally never heard of this before today. And I bet no average person has either. Whereas I know Charles' Duchy of Cornwall makes delicious biscuits and he has a passion for the environment.

William needs to get off his arse and stop shagging mistresses.

Hey, it helps with the potty training. Every time they see the nanny the kids are reminded to poop!
I’m a normal person and I have heard of the Earthshot prize

Reactions: 6
They would have less scrutiny if they did something useful. The scrutiny is mainly around their workrate. Charles had set up the Princes Trust, Phil the DoE award, Harry Sentebale and Invictus all in their 30s and all after leaving the armed forces, yet William hadn't managed to do anything with anything as close to that impact. His family will benefit from the Royal gravy train continuing. No one else. Hes nearly 40 and he does what 150 engagements a year? Mostly with his wife, half of which are sporting events or entertainment things.
wasn’t Shout started by William and Kate? The mental health text service, they just don’t have their names attached to it so people don’t really associate it with them, but they provided a lot or most of funding, research and did the launch

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.