William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, he was very vocal about it - made a speech somewhere, at some time. *Allegedly* he gave in to Kate having a third child because of the Rose (or was it Jecca? [he buggered off to her wedding instead of spending Easter with her at one point]) rumours.

Anyhoo, I've just read that today's / yesterday's engagement was meant to be Kate-only; but William accompanied her as he knew the reporters would ask if she made Meghan cry. I am impressed he did that!

Also, Kate wore pink ... not in support of Meggy *allegedly* having a girl, but as a nod to the anti-bullying colour. But sugars will spin the reason as being the former.
I wonder why they didn't ask Kate that. One of the reporters could easily have squeezed that question in

Reactions: 6
Norland do a great PR exercise of pushing the motion that their nannies are the best.
I'm sure there are many excellent nannies that wouldn't even look at norland. To me its an outdated nanny training institution. They look ridiculous and they haven't moved with the times at all. In 2021 no nanny needs a bloody uniform. If they are good enough to look after someone's wombfruit then they are good enough to select a suitable outfit for themselves each morning.

The turd brown starched dress and sturdy lace up shoes should really have been left in the past along with frilly aprons and black frocks for maids.
The like to portray exclusivity but they are no better than any other nanny training company.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Norland do a great PR exercise of pushing the motion that their nannies are the best.
I'm sure there are many excellent nannies that wouldn't even look at norland. To me its an outdated nanny training institution. They look ridiculous and they haven't moved with the times at all. In 2021 no nanny needs a bloody uniform. If they are good enough to look after someone's wombfruit then they are good enough to select a suitable outfit for themselves each morning.

The turd brown starched dress and sturdy lace up shoes should really have been left in the past along with frilly aprons and black frocks for maids.
The like to portray exclusivity but they are no better than any other nanny training company.
“Wombfruit” 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Probably perfect for status and class obsessed proles like Kate. I know several Arab families in London who would like them too. They like keeping staff in their place, and forcing them to wear uniform is a well known tactic.

Probably perfect for status and class obsessed proles like Kate. I know several Arab families in London who would like them too. They like keeping staff in their place, and forcing them to wear uniform is a well known tactic.
Yep its seen as a status symbol yet to me its all about control. Keeping the minions in their box and making sure they are reminded of their lowly status in your household

He needs to get something a bit more high profile or make his climate change work more high profile, like DofE or Invictus. Because as much as Earthshot is great, it's not as well known or visible to the general public, who see him as lazy and without a passion project for a cause he believes in or some worthwhile initiative.
100%. When I think of sustainability or anything to do with climate change... I'm thinking Charles!

William needs to step his game up.

Reactions: 4
100%. When I think of sustainability or anything to do with climate change... I'm thinking Charles!

William needs to step his game up.
Yeah, so do I. For all his faults, Charles definitely has a real passion for sustainability and climate change work.

Reactions: 13
I am surprised that some Z lister s don't hire them to try and up their game and try to be "classy. Then again it would be a step down wards for the Norland 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I am surprised that some Z lister s don't hire them to try and up their game and try to be "classy. Then again it would be a step down wards for the Norland 😁
Yes I think its a combination of not being able to afford them (because most z listers' fake how rich they really are using freebies,) and Norland not being willing to dilute their 'brand'.

• Heart
Norland aren't in control of who hires their nannies. They are a training school for nannies, once they qualify and leave, they are free to take up employment wherever they choose. Norland do place trainees and possibly have a recruitment department for anyone wishing to hire a Norland Nanny but as far as I'm aware, if you're willing to pay the money, you can have a norland qualified nanny.

Reactions: 3
Norland aren't in control of who hires their nannies. They are a training school for nannies, once they qualify and leave, they are free to take up employment wherever they choose. Norland do place trainees and possibly have a recruitment department for anyone wishing to hire a Norland Nanny but as far as I'm aware, if you're willing to pay the money, you can have a norland qualified nanny.
Latching on to the point above, can anyone show examples of famous families who have them?

Because now I think, sure it could be a status symbol but you would look a right prat having your nanny dressed like Mary Poppins pop to Sainsburys with a toddler. It would rightly be ridiculed by the masses. So maybe the celebs don't want that negative attention.

Not to mention if you are a truly wealthy family the uniform would draw attention in places where you are trying to be lowkey. You don't want the kid to be kidnapped because everyone at the hotel (for example) saw a family check in with a costumed nanny.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Latching on to the point above, can anyone show examples of famous families who have them?

Because now I think, sure it could be a status symbol but you would look a right prat having your nanny dressed like Mary Poppins pop to Sainsburys with a toddler. It would rightly be ridiculed by the masses. So maybe the celebs don't want that negative attention.

Not to mention if you are a truly wealthy family the uniform would draw attention in places where you are trying to be lowkey. You don't want the kid to be kidnapped because everyone at the hotel (for example) saw a family check in with a costumed nanny.
That’s what I was thinking too. Not only that, but your kid is like a walking target with a Norland nanny — everyone can tell how much money your family has and just how “posh” you are. It doesn’t seem safe unless you’re one of the Royals

Reactions: 9
They don't always wear uniform so you wouldn't necessarily know who has one.
Plenty of very wealthy people and celebs never have their children photographed so you wouldn't see the nannies.

I know a nannie who works for a family with 4 kids. She is mostly abroad with them and earns over 100k. She plans to retire in her mid 30s to start her own family.

Its not very glamorous even though it has the huge salary and benefits. Shes basically a mother 24/7 to rich folks kids who don't seem to spend any time with them.

Reactions: 8
The likes of the Eccleston sisters probably have one or maybe they have an even higher end one.

Reactions: 4
Ulrika Johnson posts pictures of her daughter who is training to become a Norland Nanny.

Reactions: 2
The only other celeb name released as ever having had a Norland nanny is Mick Jagger when he was with Jerry Hall. They tend to be the preserve of wealthier people than celebs.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think the nanny wears the uniform full time, in all casual pap pics she is just wearing very normal clothes- the norland uniform is something that they all feel deeply proud to wear, it’s part of their ‘identity’ and if I’m correct they can choose to wear it on formal occasions with the families they work for- such as christenings- similar to when military personnel or police officers wear their ceremonial uniforms or ‘mess dress’. There’s nothing wrong with traditions

Reactions: 8
Kate made a private visit to Clapham Common today to pay her respects to Sarah Everard. I have a huge amount of respect for her for that. I’m sure Camp Sussex will play it off as a PR stunt but her facial expression says it all to me.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.