William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not a fan of Kate. She comes across as totally lazy. Never held down a full time job in her life. Is one of the least active members of the RF. And don't give me that guff that she is a mum, a total insult to us full time working Mums. Just spent her life hanging around for William. Her sister is not much better.

Reactions: 22
for some reason this makes me giggle a lot. William?! Really?
I was going to say that 😁 Hes hardly brains of Britsin himself! It's not his brain he wants stimulating!

I am not a fan of Kate. She comes across as totally lazy. Never held down a full time job in her life. Is one of the least active members of the RF. And don't give me that guff that she is a mum, a total insult to us full time working Mums. Just spent her life hanging around for William. Her sister is not much better.
Yes I wish I could go on maternity leave for 8 years on full pay 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Kate is disciplined when it suits her. Just because she enjoys staying slim etc doesn't mean she has the same enthusiasm when it comes to work. I would be enthusiastic about yoga and swimming and shopping every day in her position.

Reactions: 15
Kate is as dull as dishwater. Her wedding dress was dull, the evening wedding gown was like a kid in dress up. She shows no personality, her speech is dreadful with her over enunciated words. She clips each word and her voice tails off while she fills the gap with her hands gesticulating wildly.

I really struggle to understand what she says. I've heard her speak to people in interviews and her answers never seem to make sense or mean anything worthwhile. Instead of spending time learning to speak more posh than the Queen, she should use that time on learning how to connect with your audience and how to have them understand you

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Well she got what she wanted, a cushy life doesn’t have to lift a finger!! She may have to do some work!! At home with the kids( a lot of women would only love to be able to do this), while the likes of me who worked her behind off got no where, while the likes of the slake shites I worked with progressed!! Unable to afford to take one holiday let alone two!! I’d say best of luck to her!!

Reactions: 3
She
Well she got what she wanted, a cushy life doesn’t have to lift a finger!! She may have to do some work!! At home with the kids( a lot of women would only love to be able to do this), while the likes of me who worked her behind off got no where, while the likes of the slake shites I worked with progressed!! Unable to afford to take one holiday let alone two!! I’d say best of luck to her!!
She’d probably have had a fairly cushy life no matter who she married.
I find it hard to dislike her. I watched a couple of their pandemic Zooms on Instagram & to me she comes across quite well. She’s good with kids & I think she’s played to that.
While she may have gone for William because of his status she’s fitted into the role fairly well. I’ve no doubt there are people that would have done more with the role, but it’s a marriage first & foremost.

Reactions: 10
I'm somewhat confused. I saw a Zoom she did where she said she was exhausted because she was doing so much under lock down, including homework and haircuts.

Are we meant to believe she went without staff this entire time?

Reactions: 8
I'm somewhat confused. I saw a Zoom she did where she said she was exhausted because she was doing so much under lock down, including homework and haircuts.

Are we meant to believe she went without staff this entire time?
You don’t know!! She might have a skeleton staff, due to the pandemic!! she has only one nanny which looks after the 3 children and probably as they are at school age with homework etc online classes, trying to get them to stay still while doing classes I suppose nanny looks after Louis, while she does this !! Probably she may have to do housework washing clothes tidying rooms etc!! As they are in a bubble no one else can come in!!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Can someone please clarify what is is that women are supposed to be doing in 2021 to ensure complete strangers do not consider them lazy? I had thought that, at least in the Western world, the tide was turning enough for them to be able to concentrate on being mums or be allowed to enjoy making a home and basically make their own choices, without being called lazy and a failure. But somehow I seem to have gone into a parallel universe where it is still 1950 and women are expected to do what they are told to do, except it's mostly other women who are both condemning and making decisions for them. It's incredibly sad.

Kate comes from a close knit family and has made no secret of wanting a happy family of her own. She seems to be a good mum, is one of the most popular royals and is sticking it out, despite years of abuse from the public. Arguably she's done a better job than Harry in terms of her royal role. Yes there were the short dresses and the wind, which I thought was awful and unnecessary. But she's learning and is a safe pair of hands, which frankly is what most people both within the RF and beyond want.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Only ONE nanny, quelle horror!

I mean, she has a husband, and her own extended family. Why is cutting hair once in a while and helping with homework exhausting? Because she isn't used to it I guess. Kind of ironic her whole image is as a mother but basic motherly things exhaust her. If anyone is in the bubble, I'd assume it would be household staff. As we have seen the royals are above the law so they definitely could have flouted the government mandated household rules and claimed some bogus reason to keep staff in-house. Guess we won't ever know since Kate has ascended to sainthood now.

There is a 1% chance she told the truth and there was no one to do it for her, which means a blessing that she's a commoner. If she was one of the hoity toity inbred royals they would have broken the washing machine trying to do a load of laundry!

Reactions: 9
The Cambs have one full time nanny, one part time and another rumoured part time nanny.

Only Liz and Phil were "reduced to a skeleton staff", the other households remained fully staffed.

No one begrudges any woman the choice to be a stay at home mum, or to work full time or whatever.
Yes, we have come so far that hopefully the choice is up to the woman.

But Kate isn't an ordinary woman. She is in a certain position and that position has its duties, requirements and expectations.
She's a taxpayer funded "civil servant/diplomat".
I know the bollocks of them not being officially taxpayer funded, but where else is the money coming from?
The RPOs are directly tax payer funded.

Pippa, too, is "only" a mum and housewife and no one's calling her lazy. It is her (and her husband's to a degree) choice and that choice is perfectly fine. She has the life she wanted with the man who can give her that life.

Kate married a man with a different type of life and can't do the same as her sister.

Edit: Meghan and Harry have left the building, therefore Meg can now be a mum and housewife, too, if she wants to.
Before their departure, however, that was not an option.

Eug and Bea alo have the freedom to choose.

Reactions: 7
You don’t know!! She might have a skeleton staff, due to the pandemic!! she has only one nanny which looks after the 3 children and probably as they are at school age with homework etc online classes, trying to get them to stay still while doing classes I suppose nanny looks after Louis, while she does this !! Probably she may have to do housework washing clothes tidying rooms etc!! As they are in a bubble no one else can come in!!
I doubt that somehow! When the Roysls say 'skeleton staff's they mean about 8 people! The Queen had 22 in her bubble! In any case, even if she was ' exhausted ' her job was to make the parents and the teachers at the school feel valued and highlight their work, not say, 'yeah I know what you mean, I'm exhausted!' from her stately home with tennis court and swimming pool! The optics were terrible. She has no empathy. Dont pretend you're just two middle class parents muddling along with everyone else when everyone knows you're not its bullshit.

Can someone please clarify what is is that women are supposed to be doing in 2021 to ensure complete strangers do not consider them lazy? I had thought that, at least in the Western world, the tide was turning enough for them to be able to concentrate on being mums or be allowed to enjoy making a home and basically make their own choices, without being called lazy and a failure. But somehow I seem to have gone into a parallel universe where it is still 1950 and women are expected to do what they are told to do, except it's mostly other women who are both condemning and making decisions for them. It's incredibly sad.

Kate comes from a close knit family and has made no secret of wanting a happy family of her own. She seems to be a good mum, is one of the most popular royals and is sticking it out, despite years of abuse from the public. Arguably she's done a better job than Harry in terms of her royal role. Yes there were the short dresses and the wind, which I thought was awful and unnecessary. But she's learning and is a safe pair of hands, which frankly is what most people both within the RF and beyond want.
If I wanted to be a stay at home mum, I would have to budget to make sure we as a family could afford it, and I wouldnt have 3 nannies and several housekeepers! How much ' mumming' is she doing with 3 nannies? And if shes doing a lot, why are we paying for the nannies? Dont get me wrong, if I was loaded I'd have a live in housekeeper and a cook. I wouldnt do a minutes housework. But I wouldnt expect my employer to pay for it! She chose that position. The children was also William's excuse for not doing much work as well. So both of them are spending time with the children, for 8 years? Most Roysls do upwards of 500 engagements a year. These two do about 150. They are the youngest working Royals by about 30 years!

Last edited:
😂 a madam is a working class term for a woman who is being difficult
Or a tantrum prone small girl usually a toddler or sometimes cats, I used to know a cat called Madam because she was so regal and very demanding. :D

I wonder how the story about this flower girl dress fitting got into the press in the first place.
Camilla T, who broke the story, said that she did research and believed the story to be true. So was she mislead?

I think that Kate has a core of steel and tons of discipline. You just need to look at her trained body and flawless style to see that she is a determined perfectionist. It was probably Carole that instilled this in her daughters - she and Pippa are just like that.

It also seems that Kate is kind though, it was said that her staff liked her.

I would really like to know whether she is happy with William and whether William has affairs.
If he has affairs her Mother would have trained her to turn a blind eye "all blokes are at it love, you will be the queen not his bit on the side tarts"

• Haha

I know! I thought feminism was about choice. I hate having to leave my kids. If I could stay at home & have a nanny I would.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.