William and Kate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like I've said a number of times (just saying this because I'm boring myself 😂) they've had a revolving door of staff for years, with a mix of complaints, being "over worked" and Carole being a cow to deal with. Like the gardener and his wife who were transferred to work for the Cambs (this was ca. 2011/2012) and after 6-8 weeks asked to be transferred back again.
Lots of stories of Carole acting like the lady of the house bossing staff around.
Stories of Kate and Carole out shopping and being shite, Pippa and Kate behaving like divas at a fashion show they were invited to and complaining that they weren't in the first row like Eug & Bea were at the same show (dating years), K demanding a 70% discount for her Audi when she was dating Will (as famously the Windsors only pay 30% for their Audis).
The Midds have also benefitted from this and taken on deals with eg Range Rover.
There's a story about Kate making one of the York sisters cry in a club.
When Kate did that "charity roller" thing, she invited the York sisters but didn't tell them it was fancy dress. I mean this sounds harmless, but imagine being invited to a party and it's black tie but you assume it's casual so you turn up casual but everyone's in posh garb.
There was quite some bad blood between the York and the Midd sisters and the stories were that the Midds were bullying the Yorkies (this was the dating years).
"Royal watchers" said the Yorks dressing so terribly for their wedding was their middle finger up towards K for the previous unkind years.
They seem to be on good terms by now.

I remembered some more, but am now drawing a blank.
The stories have dried up since marriage, unsurprisingly.

Oh and still the surprise of Catherine Quinn quitting last year or so, she was supposed to stay on longer but left and she was hands-down the most and best qualified staff member the Cambs ever had (till then). She was allegedly hired by Charles because he was pissed off with the Cambs, and Kate's dress and behaviour improved after CQ came into her household. No doubt CQ whipped K into shape, as well as Meg's arrival, as Kate's never behaved more professionally or as professional clothes horse dressed in a more profesisonal manner.

Kate also collaborated with journos when she was dating Will, Niraj Tanna was called to a photo op and was then sued for that same photo op (!!) after Will threw a fit over it and she was regularly on the phone with Katie Nicholl or Emily Andrews (I'd have to dig out old stuff to see which one).

Kate's never been this gracious good person her most recent sugars think she is and she was never the "quiet" gf who didn't collaboate with paps/journos.

What annoys me right now the most is that when the story was "Meg made Kate cry" M was a btch and that was further proof for what a terrible person Meg is, now that we know it was the other way round, there are all kinds of excuses for why Kate "may have" made Meg cry. ffs.
And if Meg had lied about this, there'd be a denial by now.
Kate seems to have a history of making her royal in-laws cry.

Sorry, I went a bit off and I don't think you got quite the answer you were hoping for!
Can any of that be proven? Just because someone cries it doesn’t make them right.
I’m sure Kate isn’t a saint, who is, but in recent years she’s barely put an LK Bennett clad foot wrong, if at all.
The most controversial things about Kate seem to be (i) she waited around for William to marry her while doing nothing else & (ii) she wore inappropriate clothing at the start of her marriage (skirts blowing up). That’s literally all I can remember!

Reactions: 17
Like I've said a number of times (just saying this because I'm boring myself 😂) they've had a revolving door of staff for years, with a mix of complaints, being "over worked" and Carole being a cow to deal with. Like the gardener and his wife who were transferred to work for the Cambs (this was ca. 2011/2012) and after 6-8 weeks asked to be transferred back again.
Lots of stories of Carole acting like the lady of the house bossing staff around.
Stories of Kate and Carole out shopping and being shite, Pippa and Kate behaving like divas at a fashion show they were invited to and complaining that they weren't in the first row like Eug & Bea were at the same show (dating years), K demanding a 70% discount for her Audi when she was dating Will (as famously the Windsors only pay 30% for their Audis).
The Midds have also benefitted from this and taken on deals with eg Range Rover.
There's a story about Kate making one of the York sisters cry in a club.
When Kate did that "charity roller" thing, she invited the York sisters but didn't tell them it was fancy dress. I mean this sounds harmless, but imagine being invited to a party and it's black tie but you assume it's casual so you turn up casual but everyone's in posh garb.
There was quite some bad blood between the York and the Midd sisters and the stories were that the Midds were bullying the Yorkies (this was the dating years).
"Royal watchers" said the Yorks dressing so terribly for their wedding was their middle finger up towards K for the previous unkind years.
They seem to be on good terms by now.

I remembered some more, but am now drawing a blank.
The stories have dried up since marriage, unsurprisingly.

Oh and still the surprise of Catherine Quinn quitting last year or so, she was supposed to stay on longer but left and she was hands-down the most and best qualified staff member the Cambs ever had (till then). She was allegedly hired by Charles because he was pissed off with the Cambs, and Kate's dress and behaviour improved after CQ came into her household. No doubt CQ whipped K into shape, as well as Meg's arrival, as Kate's never behaved more professionally or as professional clothes horse dressed in a more profesisonal manner.

Kate also collaborated with journos when she was dating Will, Niraj Tanna was called to a photo op and was then sued for that same photo op (!!) after Will threw a fit over it and she was regularly on the phone with Katie Nicholl or Emily Andrews (I'd have to dig out old stuff to see which one).

Kate's never been this gracious good person her most recent sugars think she is and she was never the "quiet" gf who didn't collaboate with paps/journos.

What annoys me right now the most is that when the story was "Meg made Kate cry" M was a btch and that was further proof for what a terrible person Meg is, now that we know it was the other way round, there are all kinds of excuses for why Kate "may have" made Meg cry. ffs.
And if Meg had lied about this, there'd be a denial by now.
Kate seems to have a history of making her royal in-laws cry.

Sorry, I went a bit off and I don't think you got quite the answer you were hoping for!
My goodness, i am no surprised tbh, do you happen to have any more tea abut her ( btw we should maybe have a thread just for kate, i feel she's noooot an innocent as the media tries to show)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Part of me pity’s Kate, wills seemed to have had all his fun and then married her because she fit the narrative. ( still seems to have his fun without her) I couldn’t live that life for all the money in the world, even down to that photo a couple of hours after giving birth😳 I see it as a fancy prison. Now maybe this is what she likes & wants but she’s a shell of her former self now and looks so unhappy.

Reactions: 19
Can any of that be proven? Just because someone cries it doesn’t make them right.
I’m sure Kate isn’t a saint, who is, but in recent years she’s barely put an LK Bennett clad foot wrong, if at all.
The most controversial things about Kate seem to be (i) she waited around for William to marry her while doing nothing else & (ii) she wore inappropriate clothing at the start of her marriage (skirts blowing up). That’s literally all I can remember!
Well, can any of the gossip be proven unless time passes and people come out of the wood work?

We see now a number of stories being proven, as more recent example.

Yes, she has improved a lot over the last few years. It was high time. Before she couldn't even read cue cards without fumbling up, in the past couple of years she's shown great improvement overall.

In terms of controversies and often repeated criticims, yes, it is mostly her awful dressing early on (blown up skirts when even Liz and A Kelly wanted her to weigh her skirts and she didn't and we still got to see her bum), waiting, never working..

What also gets buried because of the scandal is back in 2012 the Cambs were due to attend the paralympics but said they couldn't as they had to prepare for their upcoming tour (which was a ridiculous excuse, but ok) and then they were papped on holiday in France. This was shite behaviour of them, as they were very present during the olympics, but the scandal over the topless pics overshadowed everything.

There are also stories of her being btchy at uni.

Pippa relentlessly going after the posh set in Edinburgh and leaving them invites. It worked.

My goodness, i am no surprised tbh, do you happen to have any more tea abut her ( btw we should maybe have a thread just for kate, i feel she's noooot an innocent as the media tries to show)
😂 She def isn't!
Sadly the palace has her well protected and there aren't many Camb critics on this board, so it's kinda harder to keep the talk going.

For some tea I recommend the Celebitchy comment section.

They are a bit too pro-Ssex for my taste (as I think those two have plenty of shite sticking to them as well), but there's good commentary on the Cambs and there seem to be a number of old timers who also remember the good old goss.
(and on the other hand it's nice to know a pro-Ssex site, as it's good to hear counter arguments, echo chambers are the most boring!)

Reactions: 15
es, she has improved a lot over the last few years. It was high time. Before she couldn't even read cue cards without fumbling up, in the past couple of years she's shown great improvement overall.
She did a zoom call on her own the other day with some sailor woman and she was dreadful- dull, stumbling over her words. Shes been doing this for 10 years. Its the only job shes had and she only does a couple of hours a week. Shes still a terrible public speaker and shes 10 years into the role

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She did a zoom call on her own the other day with some sailor woman and she was dreadful- dull, stumbling over her words. Shes been doing this for 10 years. Its the only job shes had and she only does a couple of hours a week. Shes still a terrible public speaker and shes 10 years into the role
She's been waiting ( for will to marry her ) to do it for 8 years before... smh

Attachments

Reactions: 4
Have you seen her public speaking skills early on?
Those were... wow.

I remember when she was pregnant with G and recorded a short speech of like 20 seconds and it was said it took many takes and in the end video she was bright red and still fumbling!!! (she wore some black&white dress, might've been for EACH)

The engagement interview also allegedly needed many many retakes and loads of help from Will (even in the official video you see her often pass the bucket back onto Will to take over).

She's been waiting ( for will to marry her ) to do it for 8 years before... smh
It's what our girl's most seasoned at, unmatched experience 😂 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Have you seen her public speaking skills early on?
Those were... wow.

I remember when she was pregnant with G and recorded a short speech of like 20 seconds and it was said it took many takes and in the end video she was bright red and still fumbling!!! (she wore some black&white dress, might've been for EACH)

The engagement interview also allegedly needed many many retakes and loads of help from Will (even in the official video you see her often pass the bucket back onto Will to take over).

It's what our girl's most seasoned at, unmatched experience 😂 🤷‍♀️
Tbh i feel bad for her, maybe she has anxiety of public speakin( i have it toooo and everytime i have to say smth to ppl i paaanic) and being a royal is fuulll of speeches and stuff like that. I really feel like she's carrying out her mom's ambitions, i see kate living a suburban life being a housewife with a nice man who loves her and being happily married and living a quiet life, i feel she's draiiined now and maybe she just started realizing everything was her mom ( and pippa, that girl seems the og social climber) ambitions are not for her..

Reactions: 12
Tbh i feel bad for her, maybe she has anxiety of public speakin( i have it toooo and everytime i have to say smth to ppl i paaanic) and being a royal is fuulll of speeches and stuff like that. I really feel like she's carrying out her mom's ambitions, i see kate living a suburban life being a housewife with a nice man who loves her and being happily married and living a quiet life, i feel she's draiiined now and maybe she just started realizing everything was her mom ( and pippa, that girl seems the og social climber) ambitions are not for her..
Yes I can see Kate being envious of M&H living a “normal” life with a bit of freedom. Harry’s face describing taking Archie on bike rides😍 silly things like that I’d never even thought about
I’d say wills treats her like shite

Reactions: 9
Yes I can see Kate being envious of M&H living a “normal” life with a bit of freedom. Harry’s face describing taking Archie on bike rides😍 silly things like that I’d never even thought about
I’d say wills treats her like shite
Yees sadly i think you're right, he treats her badly, men like a challenge, the thrill of the case for what i have experienced, and they almost never appriciate what was handd to them easily, kate waiting for him all these years and being at his beck and call has lowered her value in his eyes, now he will always take her for granted :( ( before her fans come for me saying ooh she's classy, a goof gf...,men think differently, what we see as emotional and unconditional love they run away from that for some reason ...)

Yees sadly i think you're right, he treats her badly, men like a challenge, the thrill of the case for what i have experienced, and they almost never appriciate what was handd to them easily, kate waiting for him all these years and being at his beck and call has lowered her value in his eyes, now he will always take her for granted :(
100% agree

Reactions: 1
100% agree
Ironicaly,had she played hard to get ( i don't like to admit it, but like Meghan did from what i've heard) he would have APPRICIATED her much more and probably seen her as prize til this day.

Edit : Sorry for my spelling mistakes y'all :LOL: :LOL:

Ironicaly,had she played hard to get ( i don't like to admit it, but like Meghan did from what i've heard) he would have APPRICIATED her much more and probably seen her as prize til this day.
Sadly this is more than likely true. It looks like a marriage of convenience. Whereas you have Harry who seems to have fallen head over heels for Megan.

Reactions: 10
Totally, my point (which I failed to say) was mostly just that she should've taken lessons, which she didn't do till Meg came along. Since Meg Kate's changed a great deal (and still not great, but at least we've had an improvement).

When your only job is giving speeches and you have to give a dozen a year or so, you should prep and part of that are lessons.

Kate's said she wished to live in the countryside and be a housewife and that's perfectly fine, but then she should've found a husband like that.

Pippa has the life Kate's always wanted and Pippa has it all: the connections, the riches, none of the responsibility, accountability or scrutiny.
I do think Kate's at times jealous of Pippa, but Kate has realized the family's (*ahem* Carole's) dreams.

Will treated K like tit when they were dating, if a man treats you like tit as gf he isn't going to be much better as husband.
There's no switch.

Reactions: 12
Totally, my point (which I failed to say) was mostly just that she should've taken lessons, which she didn't do till Meg came along. Since Meg Kate's changed a great deal (and still not great, but at least we've had an improvement).

When your only job is giving speeches and you have to give a dozen a year or so, you should prep and part of that are lessons.

Kate's said she wished to live in the countryside and be a housewife and that's perfectly fine, but then she should've found a husband like that.

Pippa has the life Kate's always wanted and Pippa has it all: the connections, the riches, none of the responsibility, accountability or scrutiny.
I do think Kate's at times jealous of Pippa, but Kate has realized the family's (*ahem* Carole's) dreams.

Will treated K like tit when they were dating, if a man treats you like tit as gf he isn't going to be much better as husband.
There's no switch.
Chiiiiild yaaaas, i always thought pippa was jelous of kate in early years cuz she snagged the prince, but now things changed, carol's ambitions lead the girls to their marriages, kate just thought ooh gooddyy, i'll wear tiaras and be pretty, but sadly it's muuuch more demanding, royal family memebrs have to learn so muuch and have so much restrictions... for example now if kate goes under the knife she will be shamed for being plastic, if she doesn't she will be shamed for looking old :eek: it's craaazy !!

About the crappy tratement, i believe kate has always been a doormat to will, he break it off, go do whatever and come back, she take him, break up thru phone, weeks later come back, she take him... when men show you who they are at the early stages,belieeeve them ! even if it's a prince

Unrelated note,i think she's sooo pretty, especially in her younger years 😅

Attachments

Last edited:
Chiiiiild yaaaas, i always thought pippa was jelous of kate in early years cuz she snagged the prince, but now things changed, carol's ambitions lead the girls to their marriages, kate just thought ooh gooddyy, i'll wear tiaras and be pretty, but sadly it's muuuch more demanding, royal family memebrs have to learn so muuch and have so much restrictions... for example now if kate goes under the knife she will be shamed for being plastic, if she doesn't she will be shamed for looking old :eek: it's craaazy !!

About the crappy tratement, i believe kate has always been a doormat to will, he break it off, go do whatever and come back, she take him, break up thru phone, weeks later come back, she take him... when men show you who they are at the early stages,belieeeve them ! even if it's a prince
Yeah, that was exactly their relationship!!
They were on/off several times.
It's not normal when you break up for your ex to jump on a table in the club and yell "I'm free!!" and then chase after every skirt and when every skirt turns him down he comes back to you. wtf.
Prince on the outside, ogre on the inside, eh?

Pippa was hot on the heels of the Percy heir, but he run as fast as he could.
The rumour was that James always had the hots for Pip and "waited for her", whilst she was chasing other guys (of the titled kind) and when that didn't work she settled for James.

Now that I write this Pip sounds like Will and James like Kate 😂
I have read a few times that James is an ass (to staff etc), but I've been so off the Midd goss for so long, that I don't even know how much water there is to the claims, though they're not hard to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah, that was exactly their relationship!!
They were on/off several times.
It's not normal when you break up for your ex to jump on a table in the club and yell "I'm free!!" and then chase after every skirt and when every skirt turns him down he comes back to you. wtf.
Prince on the outside, ogre on the inside, eh?

Pippa was hot on the heels of the Percy heir, but he run as fast as he could.
The rumour was that James always had the hots for Pip and "waited for her", whilst she was chasing other guys (of the titled kind) and when that didn't work she settled for James.

Now that I write this Pip sounds like Will and James like Kate 😂
I have read a few times that James is an ass (to staff etc), but I've been so off the Midd goss for so long, that I don't even know how much water there is to the claims, though they're not hard to believe.
Yaaaas ! btw i always thought pippa looked like wallis simpson, during their time at uni her friends said she would only befriend people with titles, and would only share her flat with aristocrats and was on the hunt :LOL: :LOL: she is more like carol i think, but kate is more shy and reserved like her dad who just seems lost and the sweet type half the time 😅 And yes yes i totally agree about the on and off thing, it's so toxic ! But i'm sure she would not have allowed it to happen if will was not a prince ...

Reactions: 8
Yaaaas ! btw i always thought pippa looked like wallis simpson, during their time at uni her friends said she would only befriend people with titles, and would only share her flat with aristocrats and was on the hunt :LOL: :LOL: she is more like carol i think, but kate is more shy and reserved like her dad who just seems lost and the sweet type half the time 😅 And yes yes i totally agree about the on and off thing, it's so toxic ! But i'm sure she would not have allowed it to happen if will was not a prince ...
What a sad life Kate leads. No wonder she looks miserable & she still has a lot of years to go living this life

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Kate would have been far better off with Harry. They always seemed to have great fun together on engagements etc
William quickly went from the handsome blonde Diana lookalike prince to a bald boring dull Duke.

I'm sure Kate does feel like a canary in a guilded cage but she can run to her mums when she needs a bit of normal.

I wonder how she really felt being landed with Diana's engagement ring? Its a ring loaded with the ghost of Diana and that awful marriage.
I get William wanting her to have something of his mothers but that ring is cumbersome, must be weighed with unhappiness and to me it seemed like an easy choice to give it to her. I didn't see any thoughtful design in a ring like meghan got from Harry.

Why didn't William choose another piece for Kate? I really think she was handy, he knew she would be a stepford wife, would have the kids,be happy with the kudos and would keep her mouth shut

Reactions: 13

Edit : Sorry for my spelling mistakes y'all :LOL: :LOL:
How did meghan play hard to get? I don't really know anything about the start of h&m or w&k except that w&k were on/off or something.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.