William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would they put out a false announcement of cancer ? Because, before, many people were asking questions about all the lies that kept coming, day after day; didn’t stop them from lying after they were caught. Now, with the C word, many fewer want to know the truth anymore or are afraid to ask. Perfect PR strategy to deflect. This thread is a prime example of that.
You are quite mental.
Is the earth flat too?

Reactions: 19
Tell that to the millions of people who have had surgery yet are going through treatment for months to ensure no spread and be given the all clear. 🙄
Well said I was the same she still has bloody cancer
---
Well said I was the same she still has bloody cancer
My treatment was preventive it was horrific . Totl hair loss barley functioning drastic weight loss, oss of all nails, nerve damage in feet . Sepsis that we to me needing 10 pints of blood and 8 of platelets. Don't say I didn't have cancer or treatment .
Her life will never be the same again even with a full physical recovery - your mind still goes to a dark place of what if

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49
its actually bleeping vile to suggest she's faking cancer. Or perhaps you don't realise that you've been radicalised by conspiracy theorists on the internet.

Her kids have to go back to school after Easter and face their friends who now know. Real scummy of you to suggest that..
If you look at Jerry’s account, you’ll see their posts-to-likes ratio is really low, they’re clearly known for talking rubbish. Best to not react and just click ignore, once they’re that far down the rabbit hole they can’t even see reality anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Does cancer make you look younger ? Change the shape of your face and jawline ? Take away the wrinkles on your face, neck and under the eyes ? Change the shape of your eyes ? When you lose weight, at 42, your face goes up, not down ?
She’s had Botox and has Botox brow. When you start getting it yourself it’s very obvious on others. That doesn’t mean she’s not ill.

Reactions: 12
You have actually personally offended and upset me (and being a Scot, I'm trying desperately not to swear every second word) with the sentence in bold.

I'm midway through my second year of surviving bowel cancer. Six weeks after my hemicolectomy, I started adjuvant chemotherapy. The NHS website defines adjuvant chemotherapy as to "reduce the risk of the cancer coming back after radiotherapy or surgery" or, as my oncologist called it "belt and braces". In other words, it is to PREVENT the return of cancer if any cancerous cells have been left in the body after surgery or radiotherapy, which is why it can be called 'preventative' rather than the medical term of 'adjuvant'. How bloody DARE you say that my treatment isn't medically recognised.

Chemo varies with the type of cancer and the person. For example, bowel cancer chemo doesn't cause near total hair loss as is common with breast cancer chemo. I also reacted badly to my chemo because I'm one of the percentage of the population missing a certain enzyme because of genetics; it had to be drastically scaled back to prevent lasting nerve damage. I also developed a reaction that they'd never seen before. Just because it's given to prevent the return of cancer doesn't mean that it isn't brutal. Kate could be on a completely different chemo to Charles; his is also primary treatment rather than after surgery. She is also recovering from abdominal surgery which takes time too. Charles is only working from home, doing the office part of his job, meeting one or two people at a time while Camilla picks up all his public jobs.

I'm trying to decide whether the fact that I'm near tears typing this is due more to anger or hurt. Again, how bleeping DARE you.
I am so sorry you have had to suffer this ignorant idiot. People who have no actual life experience with something have literally NO BUSINESS commenting on things they don’t understand. This kind of chemo is absolutely a thing, and is common with possible/actual lymph node involvement especially.
Sending you hugs 🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Here's an idea. Catherine is her public and obviously birth name. But William has referred to her as Kate (engagement interview, he repeatedly said Kate) and her uncle has more recently.

I don't get why people can't understand she might be Catherine in public, Kate in private.

It's no different to people putting the full version of their names on job applications etc, but but using a shortened version at home.
Exactly! I worked with a Catherine. We all called her Catherine, she’s known locally as Catherine but her immediate family call her Kate. A few of my closest family and friends call me a shortened version of my name but I’d never introduce myself as that name.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think anybody can say how everybody feels as there’s no universal response to things like this. I too lost my dad to cancer when I was in my mid 20s too and, whilst I was devastated to lose him and still think of him 30 years later, I personally don’t carry any fear of loosing others. That’s not to diminish people who do but it genuinely isn’t a universal thing.
I agree. I was 14 when I lost a parent. I worry my Dad and husband are going to die all the time. It’s given me awful anxiety about losing people. Everyone is different.

And one of the reasons Diana died was because she was being hounded by press. (Obviously she actually died because she wasn’t wearing a seatbelt and the driver was drunk). But that will have left a huge wound.
Agreeing with you both that we all react differently. My father died suddenly when I was 14. It didn’t leave me worried that anything would happen to my mother but I felt quite anxious when my eldest daughter was 14 and I was the same age that my mother was widowed at. To be fair the anxiety may also have been related to menopause, COVID and the fact that on that birthday I was told by doctors that my mother, who already had dementia, had terminal cancer, but the age significance was a big thing for me. I didn’t want history repeating itself. My granny was widowed in her early 40’s. I think I’ll lose that worry a bit when my children are out of their teenage years. Losing a parent, at any age always leaves a mark, it’s different for us all.
---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I am so sorry you have had to suffer this ignorant idiot. People who have no actual life experience with something have literally NO BUSINESS commenting on things they don’t understand. This kind of chemo is absolutely a thing, and is common with possible/actual lymph node involvement especially.
Sending you hugs 🤗
Yes, they discovered cancer cells in one out of 25 lymph glands removed with the rest, hence the chemo. I already knew about the tumour that was surgically removed.

What it seems to me is that Kate went into hospital for some fairly urgent abdominal surgery but not emergency. It had to be relatively urgent because of the engagement and foreign visit cancellations. Non-emergency but quickly planned. Whatever was the problem, it wasn't believed to be cancer at that stage. Whatever was removed was sent to the pathology lab and cancer cells were discovered, leading to chemotherapy. It may be related to the original problem or not. If she wanted cosmetic surgery, she would have had it done during the summer holidays with no cancellations.

Similar to Charles who went into hospital for a routine prostate procedure and, while the doctors were in there, they found cancer elsewhere (as it was stated not to be prostate cancer though that is common in elderly men who are likely to die with it rather than of it as it tends to be the slow type in them), leading to his current treatment, whether chemotherapy or radiotherapy.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exactly! I worked with a Catherine. We all called her Catherine, she’s known locally as Catherine but her immediate family call her Kate. A few of my closest family and friends call me a shortened version of my name but I’d never introduce myself as that name.
Yes. I’ve a name that can be shortened and some family members call me by my full name, some by a shortened name and some by an initial.

Reactions: 5
You have actually personally offended and upset me (and being a Scot, I'm trying desperately not to swear every second word) with the sentence in bold.

I'm midway through my second year of surviving bowel cancer. Six weeks after my hemicolectomy, I started adjuvant chemotherapy. The NHS website defines adjuvant chemotherapy as to "reduce the risk of the cancer coming back after radiotherapy or surgery" or, as my oncologist called it "belt and braces". In other words, it is to PREVENT the return of cancer if any cancerous cells have been left in the body after surgery or radiotherapy, which is why it can be called 'preventative' rather than the medical term of 'adjuvant'. How bloody DARE you say that my treatment isn't medically recognised.

Chemo varies with the type of cancer and the person. For example, bowel cancer chemo doesn't cause near total hair loss as is common with breast cancer chemo. I also reacted badly to my chemo because I'm one of the percentage of the population missing a certain enzyme because of genetics; it had to be drastically scaled back to prevent lasting nerve damage. I also developed a reaction that they'd never seen before. Just because it's given to prevent the return of cancer doesn't mean that it isn't brutal. Kate could be on a completely different chemo to Charles; his is also primary treatment rather than after surgery. She is also recovering from abdominal surgery which takes time too. Charles is only working from home, doing the office part of his job, meeting one or two people at a time while Camilla picks up all his public jobs.

I'm trying to decide whether the fact that I'm near tears typing this is due more to anger or hurt. Again, how bleeping DARE you.
I also had 18 weeks of chemo after surgery for stage 3 bowel cancer. It was in 2 lymph nodes hence the advice. We called it ‘mop up chemo’

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All, please ignore anyone trolling. Report and ignore otherwise by giving the attention it'll only encourage more.

When a thread is totally derailed we can't really delete nonsense posts without more drama being created.

Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I think it's strange that both Kate and Charles have not revealed what type of cancer they have. They are under absolutely no obligation to do so of course, but in terms of raising awareness, I feel it would benefit individual causes and create discussion - i.e. if she has Ovarian cancer - which is very rarely found early due to misunderstanding of symptoms.

I'm not a Royalist - more of a Republican - but I wish them both well and wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.

Reactions: 17
I'm probably alone in thinking this, but I think it's strange that both Kate and Charles have not revealed what type of cancer they have. They are under absolutely no obligation to do so of course, but in terms of raising awareness, I feel it would benefit individual causes and create discussion - i.e. if she has Ovarian cancer - which is very rarely found early due to misunderstanding of symptoms.

I'm not a Royalist - more of a Republican - but I wish them both well and wouldn't wish cancer on anyone.
I think it is because if they tell what type and stage they have people will speculate at their chances. Catherine has very small children who she has to protect. Maybe they will tell it someday ....

Reactions: 32
I think it is because if they tell what type and stage they have people will speculate at their chances. Catherine has very small children who she has to protect. Maybe they will tell it someday ....
Yes that is what I thought too. I think revealing it leaves them open to all sorts of speculation, also to other cancer patients with the same sort.
Doesn't Charles have prostate cancer? I had assumed that but not sure why.

Reactions: 12
I don't blame them for keeping the specifics private. I feel it's enough to say cancer. If they said the type people would only demand more information of the stage etc and fuel more speculation rather than stemming it.

Reactions: 25
I don't blame them for keeping the specifics private. I feel it's enough to say cancer. If they said the type people would only demand more information of the stage etc and fuel more speculation rather than stemming it.
That’s the one type of cancer which they’ve said it’s not, could be any others though

Reactions: 2
Yes that is what I thought too. I think revealing it leaves them open to all sorts of speculation, also to other cancer patients with the same sort.
Doesn't Charles have prostate cancer? I had assumed that but not sure why.
No, they said it wasn't prostate cancer when they made the announcement.

Yes it changes the shape of your face…. nausea , vomiting, loss of appetite ….. rapid weightloss….. lets hope for your sake no one you care about experiences this….
Also, when I was having chemo, the steroids actually made my skin look amazing! I lost the bags under my eyes and laughter lines went too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Does cancer make you look younger ? Change the shape of your face and jawline ? Take away the wrinkles on your face, neck and under the eyes ? Change the shape of your eyes ? When you lose weight, at 42, your face goes up, not down ?
Almost any device these days employ some form of filter. I don't see her putting on any weight but just so you know steroid does that. And cancer treatment may include doses of steroids.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.