William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it is because if they tell what type and stage they have people will speculate at their chances. Catherine has very small children who she has to protect. Maybe they will tell it someday ....

They don't have to say the stage - but the type would be helpful. People are speculating anyway. But as I said, entirely their call.

• Sick
Reactions: 3
I get why they're not saying the type. Easier to speculate on what she may be having done, as well as her prognosis if that's out in the open.

Things like brachytherapy (radioactive cylinder shoved up her chuff or arse), stomas, and other methods of treating cancer may not be things Kate fancies being discussed ad nauseum about her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
I am glad people are defending Kate now although it does highlight how many other illnesses are not recognised
When it was major abdominal surgery - people speculated she was having plastic surgery etc
But not it’s well she wouldn’t lie about cancer - like that’s worse than lying about many other life threatening illnesses that could have triggered major abdominal surgery.
people also now deciding her saying she doesn’t have to share what cancer she has - but there was huge amounts of comments about how she should have when it was major abdominal surgery.
Then the kids - the amount of people who didn’t care about the kids well being or share oh I feel for the kids when their mum was going through some pretty what ever it was major surgery - there was always going to be a cause and illness but now she has had the cancer removed and is on preventative chemo ( still
Horrid I am not disputing that )
It’s those poor children.
she was always sick … could of been with multiple different options and along side cancer could of been many diff life threatening / life changing illnesses it didn’t have to be cancer to be the worse thing and for people to stand up and support her.
cancer isn’t the only “ worse thing that can someone can be diagnosed with “
Everyone should have respected that from the beginning.

• Heart
No one has any right to know the specifics of anyone else’s medical diagnosis or treatments.

Sadly, royals aside, It’s the life of a disabled person every day. There is an expectation that visibly disabled people have to tell others their life story.

People may joke “what’s happened to you then” when you are a wheelchair user and they demand to know what’s wrong with you. The information makes no difference to you, you use it for a pity party or to make your life feel better (there’s someone worse off than you).

It happens regularly to my family member who is a wheelchair user. On holiday once, a woman shouted across the restaurant “what’s wrong with him” - none of your bloody business mate.

It’s right they haven’t shared the type of cancer. It’s none of our business, just because they are public figures we don’t have an automatic right to know. We have a right to understand if they are unwell or working / not working, but the specifics, nope.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
No one has any right to know the specifics of anyone else’s medical diagnosis or treatments.

Sadly, royals aside, It’s the life of a disabled person every day. There is an expectation that visibly disabled people have to tell others their life story.

People may joke “what’s happened to you then” when you are a wheelchair user and they demand to know what’s wrong with you. The information makes no difference to you, you use it for a pity party or to make your life feel better (there’s someone worse off than you).

It happens regularly to my family member who is a wheelchair user. On holiday once, a woman shouted across the restaurant “what’s wrong with him” - none of your bloody business mate.

It’s right they haven’t shared the type of cancer. It’s none of our business, just because they are public figures we don’t have an automatic right to know. We have a right to understand if they are unwell or working / not working, but the specifics, nope.
Well said and I completely agree. Just because we live in age where every bowel movement is documented by certain "celebrities" it doesn't mean to say that the Royals are public property in terms of the nature of their illnesses. We all have a right to patient confidentiality after all.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

I love this post- you hit the nail on the head- It’s disgusting people feel they are entitled to get answers about other people’s health- one of my friends has a little lad with a rare syndrome he is a wheelchair user - in restaurants, shops etc she has been approached and asked “ what’s wrong with him” she has on occasion said he has whatever the syndrome is/ she gets answers like “ he might grow out of it” and he gets patted on the head like a dog - for a while she stopped going out - but now if she gets asked what is wrong with him she answers
“ it’s none of your business” I’d hate for Kate and the family to feel they can’t go out now for fear of a media storm- pictures of her when she is not feeling her best sold to line someone’s pockets-
I hope you have a suitable response when idiots try to invade your privacy- Rude!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Ha! He did once reply “I’ll tell you my private medical history if you tell me yours” which does often work but on one occasion it was to a little old lady who was happy to tell everyone about her ailments 🤣

• Haha
I think it is a cultural thing. In Spain, it is completely normal for complete strangers to ask you in the pharmacy what prescription you are waiting in the queue for, what is wrong with you, and then discuss ad nauseum with all the other strangers in the queue what their random relatives or neighbours were prescribed for any similar (or even completely different!) ailments, and what better meds/herbal treatments/old wives' tales etc there are for you to try! Very trying for somebody unused to such public interrogations.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I think it is a cultural thing. In Spain, it is completely normal for complete strangers to ask you in the pharmacy what prescription you are waiting in the queue for, what is wrong with you, and then discuss ad nauseum with all the other strangers in the queue what their random relatives or neighbours were prescribed for any similar (or even completely different!) ailments, and what better meds/herbal treatments/old wives' tales etc there are for you to try! Very trying for somebody unused to such public interrogations.
can you IMAGINE that in your local pharmacy over here?!! People, myself included, tend to whisper to the staff at the counter or talk out of the side of their mouths in case anyone hears whats wrong with them. No wonder we have a reputation for being buttoned up!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
can you IMAGINE that in your local pharmacy over here?!! People, myself included, tend to whisper to the staff at the counter or talk out of the side of their mouths in case anyone hears whats wrong with them. No wonder we have a reputation for being buttoned up!
I was embarrassed when the pharmacist asked me what type of cough I had. I whispered back "I have phlegm". 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 23
We out do each other where I live.. it’s like the four Yorkshire men skit from Monty Python… Love it..

• Haha
Reactions: 15
We out do each other where I live.. it’s like the four Yorkshire men skit from Monty Python… Love it..
When friend was pregnant for the first time, she was scared to go into town because she was accosted by random old ladies just touching her bump with no warning and telling her it was definitely a boy … or a girl. Being chased round Woolworths by a particularly tenacious one was an experience.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The pharmacy attached to my GP surgery have no discretion whatsoever. In waiting room the other week, pharmacist approaches a young woman waiting for a prescription and asks her if she can remember what brand of contraceptive she usually has! No sense that someone's medication is confidential. Same when they make you say your address in full ear shot of everyone.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I knew a pharmacist who was the towns biggest gossip! I would never go there for prescription because within an hour everyone knew you’d been prescribed antibiotics. No one ever reported her either. Eventually she retired but it always bothered me, what she did, yet no one else seemed to care. Almost as if she knew she could say what she wanted because they were all to lazy to go to the trouble of reporting it.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
I'm from Spain and I've never seen this. Perhaps it's a regional thing?

Reactions: 4
I had an Andalusian colleague who was able to obtain her x-rays and mri scans to keep 🧐

Not something we ever get to see as patients here in the NHS 🤔 probably a good thing to keep our records safer from prying eyes and commentary 🥲

Reactions: 3
I had an Andalusian colleague who was able to obtain her x-rays and mri scans to keep 🧐

Not something we ever get to see as patients here in the NHS 🤔 probably a good thing to keep our records safer from prying eyes and commentary 🥲
I have all of mine. Just put a request in and they send them you. I have paper records and discs with my MRI on. Takes a few weeks but easy enough to do. Or you can ask to go in and view them.

• Wow
Reactions: 7

I got to keep my scans from a very dodgy ankle sprain decades ago in Aus

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.