Will Smith #2 He got in one little fight and we all got scared Don’t mention entanglements or Jada’s hair

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel really sorry for Will, even though I hate him for hitting Chris Rock. What a mess the man is in.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else think Jada Smith is deliberately dishing the dirt in order to make people feel sorry for Will?
Let’s face it, they are both PR obsessed and very media savvy (see how they have apparently lied for years pretending to still be a couple, apparently entirely for appearances sake). Will hasn’t got his career back after the Oscars, and it was looking unlikely he would…….but now everyone feels sorry for him and is excusing his assaulting Chris Rock, blaming Jada and saying he’s an abused husband.

Hmmmm.
I can see the rationale for thinking that but given how long she dragged him, making him pretend they were together when the August Alsina stuff dropped, making him unnecessarily look like a wimp
but now its pretty clear she is all about herself and sympathy for herself given she has done 3 (so far) long form podcast interviews where the focus is how she was suicidal, planning how to aim her car to not let the kids be able to tell it was suicide (yay, thoughtful! that will save their mental health!) and then how she took hallucinogenic drugs with her son and thats what fixed her depression

Will was already asked for response and said he is astonished by the emotional nuances he never knew about but which come from this amazing woman.

I notice she hasn't taken Red Table Talk (cancelled a while back) across to Youtube to run and promote herself and I presume that its just not prestigious enough for her.
I'd half expect her to take up a slot on The View but again, not enough direct spotlight for her.
She enjoyed the conceit that RTT was about the unvarnished truth and she had this BS notion of "we are bringing X to the table" - meaning that person was gonna have to fess up to the full truth and their weaknesses,faults,mistakes

the podcasts are unbearable - she is the most mainstream long term liar that Im aware of

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else feel that in a couple of years we'll see Megan giving a similar interview about Harry???

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
“ making him pretend they were together when the August Alsina stuff dropped, ”

I’m sorry but I don’t buy the ‘made him’ do stuff. We have no idea what they’ve agreed in private, we only know for certain they have lied repeatedly for money, public adoration and image. There have been plenty of rumours of Will Smith having affairs as well, Charlize Theron and Margot Robbie just off the top of my head.
Weird behaviour for an abused man who is terrified of his controlling wife.
They are both raging narcissists who are obsessed with image and appearances and are in it together.
Poor Will nothing.

Reactions: 12

I’m sorry but I don’t buy the ‘made him’ do stuff. We have no idea what they’ve agreed in private, we only know for certain they have lied repeatedly for money, public adoration and image. There have been plenty of rumours of Will Smith having affairs as well, Charlize Theron and Margot Robbie just off the top of my head.
They are both raging narcissists who are obsessed with image and appearances and are in it together.
Poor Will nothing.
Totally agree with this.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
So long Will doesnt come out complaining we can only guess if he is "abused" or if he has a weird ass humilation kink himself (which is possible, although the video I linked earlier shows that she is not respecting boundaries set by him which is a red flag). Holding on to this marriage seems to be mutual at least, although I'd die to know how they would react to the other filing for divorce lol

Reactions: 5
That's true. I suppose I want to see them as 'sad' rather than 'horrible'. They both sound like they've had abusive upbringings, but they are still choosing to be how they are.

And hitting Chris Rock is BLOODY awful. He should've been arrested for that.

Reactions: 2
Jada Cuntett-Smith will refuse to divorce because she can cling to the fame and power (which is dwindling with every ounce of bullshit that dribbles from her skanky witch mouth) and can say "Our marriage kep together through it all..." and somehow claim that as a positive. Will will do what he's tood because he's all about the positivity and failed at making himself an Instagram guru.

She is a vile human being and I very much hope Will has been watching OJ Simpson documentaries and buying himself some gloves.

• Sick
  • Haha
Jada is being interviewed on Diary Of A CEO (can't stand Stephen Bartlett either - not sure why - there's something fake and borderline smug about him?) but much as I do with Richard Herring, I will listen if the guest interests me. (Uploaded 8 days ago)

Thoughts about Jada's interview:

- it's interesting she uses the word "resentful" when discussing getting married to Will, about her loss of identity. I think that's very understandable, as being the spouse of anyone uber-famous is definitely challenging, but has this "resentment" underpinned their marriage all these years? Jada does say initially she just wanted to spend time with him rather than Will nurturing his career - but you can't have "the life" you aimed for as a kid in an abusive household, with the Mercedes and status symbols (did she mean on her own terms? Her own career?) by just hanging out as a married couple / family. There are always compromises and sacrifices.

- Jada says she felt only white people dealt with mental health issues (this is an inflammatory comment for some, and I'm not going to tell anyone of a different skin tone mentally struggling how they feel. Not sure if she's saying she sees herself as a role model to people of colour nowadays, or she really did feel this isolated back then - mental health issues can distort how you perceive the world and the support - the hope - it offers...been there myself).
In the UK there is a very prominent UK sportsman who has been incredibly brave and honest about his mental health struggles - Frank Bruno - and that was at least two decades ago. I'm not sure of the timeline of her earliest breakdown, however, and she is in the US.

- she talks a LOT about Tupac. Jada gives the impression they were soulmates, very attuned to one another, but ultimately they fell out due to his lifestyle and the ensuing bust-up (she doesn't give details - think there's a lot she wants to say but doesn't want to? - she even says Tupac survived so much people don't know about).
Can't really relate to this style of "friendship" as I've had male friends - anything more deeply-bonded (if you're a heterosexual female) than this surely leads to romantic feelings? If you didn't know better, you'd think she was his number one. In fact, it's downright weird so much of her reminisces and affection appear directed towards Tupac.

- it sounds as though she's had a lot of therapy, judging by the language she uses / the way she explains her experiences. I'm always in two minds about psychotherapy - mostly, you are left to unravel your past and come to your own realisations - but at the same time it can keep you in the cycle of ruminating and over-analysing, even re-traumatising yourself. Depending on the individual, months and years of navel-gazing can make your issues worse?

- THAT slap at the Oscars: Stephen asked her (as social media tended to believe) if her "eye roll" was her way of spurring Will into action - even though, as Jada tells it, they were still "separated". She said, "I can't force Will to do anything" - she thought Chris Rock ducked from the slap and there was no actual physical contact (?).
Good move by Stephen responding "you said protection was your love language", with a smile (zing!).
Her reply, Yes and no - it wasn't about her, it was more complex than that. (?).
Referring to Will's alleged sexuality or Chris Rock supposedly coming onto Jada some years ago? Or both?

The stigma around mental illness is slowly shifting. It matters who you have around you and having the ability to express yourself. Yet, for all her interviews and soul-baring, I don't think Jada is at peace or happy with herself, even now. A tough childhood can do this to your psyche - if you feel you were "born broken", as she put it. Many can relate to that.

Being superficial:
- she has a rather grating "muttley"-style wheeze / laugh (think Will also laughs in a similar style).

Edit: Also find it a bit odd that Jada insists she doesn't really care what the public think or how they respond, yet she has an autobiography out. Of course she does!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Jada is being interviewed on Diary Of A CEO (can't stand Stephen Bartlett either - not sure why - there's something fake and borderline smug about him?) but much as I do with Richard Herring, I will listen if the guest interests me. (Uploaded 8 days ago)
I can't stand him either, I think it's because he claims to be from Moss side but is the least sounding Manc I've ever heard.
I don't know why she's still doing interviews, I can't see what else she has to say.

I mean he looks pretty fit to me. I don't think he needs a carer just yet
its all gaslighting from her, she knows if people average out global relationships you get somewhere around a decade age difference in couples where the men are older AND as he is always so physically and mentally active and so accomplished all manner of successful,fit and relatively young women would happily take on a 55 year old Will and say "how'd you like one kid that isn't depressed, poly and into psychedelics and underage sex?" - he could be in a new hollywood power couple with a ~35-40 year old or so who DOESNT gaslight the living crap out of him and Jada knows she keeps his name, clout, relevance and money by repeatedly humiliating him then pushing him to say he endorses the humiliation
---

Poor Will nothing.
there are rumours of all sorts which all contradict each other so its very hard to rely on them.
They are both extroverts but I don't know about Narcissism to any degree that exceeds normal hollywood. watch Will around other people and he directs warm jokes at people but tries to avoid ever properly mocking people (in personality metrics an Extroverted Feeler or ENFJ) and this fits with what he says about his personality after childhood abuse. outgoing people pleaser until the point of frustration spilling into literal violence.
their dynamic is really clear in the clip of her waltzing into his home one morning, recording him in his rough clothes just standing in his kitchen and him trying to say to stop, he doesn't consent to being filmed and she didn't ask him and she just mocks him and says he is still practicing "foolishness" and I think just livestreams his private self to her followers

social class, wealth status and profession don't define us into the safety of being immune to manipulative people

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I can't stand him either, I think it's because he claims to be from Moss side but is the least sounding Manc I've ever heard.
I don't know why she's still doing interviews, I can't see what else she has to say.
OMG - Moss side? My partner spent his earliest years in Heywood, Rochdale - he definitely sounds Mancunian (and he tells me the rough parts of Manchester were more dangerous than Glasgow at its craziest - I'll take his word for it). Stephen doesn't sound Mancunian at all - unless he's had voice training?

Weird that Jada didn't touch upon the period of being around August Alsina (which, I'm sorry, sounds shady as duck to me, as they were supposed to be "helping him" initially). A mixed up young kid with no star power being messed around by one of the most famous couples in the world, who are much older. Smells like grooming to me. Not sure what Will's take on it all is. To be fair, I think Jada did the majority of the damage there.

Can't help but think there's some sort of sub - dom - humiliation thing going on. Jada tries so hard to sound relatable and "human" (even sharing her wheeze-chuckle with Stephen at times in the interview to break up the gloom of her introspection) but I can't help thinking she's hard work, very serious, self-interested and maybe even controlling.

Who we spend time talking about fondly and expressing our emotions about reveals a lot, and she doesn't speak as lovingly about Will as she does about Tupac. She sounds as if she's very bored and there was an older comment she made elsewhere saying she was crying going down the aisle! Which is a bonkers thing to say - the thought of your children reading that is just tragic.
Jada Pinkett Smith 'never' wanted to marry Will, cried at 'horrible' wedding (nypost.com)

Edit: The clip above - another OMG! - that is SO Alice Evans. She was forever taking unsolicited photos and videos of Ioan Gruffudd (her now ex-husband, unsurprisingly) - and appeared to be addicted to social media (and still is, under the guise of socks) - how dare Jada try to make him feel bad about being uncomfortable. What a b!tch. Good on you, Will, for sticking up for yourself. That is NOT "foolishness" for your therapist to sort out - it's basic common courtesy and we are all allowed privacy and personal space.

Not everything has to be documented and discussed for the public to chew over, Jada. I thought you didn't care what the public thought - or are you selflessly sharing "your truth" to help us plebs become better people? Urgh.

Last edited:
Will Smith doesn’t always come off warm though, maybe when the camera is off. Nick Grimshaw said he was the worst celebrity to ever come on his show.
Just because Jada is a bleep it doesn’t mean he isn’t too. The excuses being made for him are a bit much.

Reactions: 11
Is he mad in that video because he wasn't ready to preform or put on an act. Either way she a witch for just recording

Will Smith doesn’t always come off warm though, maybe when the camera is off. Nick Grimshaw said he was the worst celebrity to ever come on his show.
Just because Jada is a bleep it doesn’t mean he isn’t too. The excuses being made for him are a bit much.
I have some little window in cause my bestie is his guy (podcast,website,gigs) in our country & same for Jazzy Jeff and has been for 20 years now and it bore fruit for me, Jeff connected me with his international tours guy and I arranged my first series of music gigs for friends in a 90s band who had done UK and America plenty but never the pacific
Jeff is great and my Bud had spent loads of time with Will over the years and is unimpressed by precisely one thing- the tolerance of Jada and how that affects the kids as well
this video is of some interest to anyone who is into the MBTI personality metrics and roots of our adult traits I think

Grimshaw thought Will Smith telling the receptionist they were the best at their job was patronising - its pretty common for Brits to interpret gregarious American BS as being more intentionally cynical than it is. he needs a juicier anecdote!