Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monsterinlaw

So let me get this right, even though we all want equality, only black people can comment on black issues, and white people on white issues? Bloody hell, I dispair of the next generation 😫
I'm black and I'm embarrassed. There's been 94 Oscar ceremonies.
We've had 1 black woman win Best Actress.
Will Smith would have been only the 5th black man to win Best Actor.
And he behaves like a knacker and makes a show of us all. And then there's this supposed narrative where it's racist if white people criticise him?
Black people aren't animals. We should be held to the same standards as anyone else. If it wouldn't be ok for a white man to do what he did, it shouldn't be ok for a black man.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

upyernelly

Chatty Member
Didn't Jarvis Cocker do a moonie on stage when (the sainted kiddie fiddler) mj get his brit award? 😬🤣 And as for Ricky Gervais and his Golden Globes hosting, I bow down to his genius. All these celebs minor or Hollywood elites should be placed on mars to just get on with it. Will Smith is a huge disgrace and Jada has joined the holy trinity of 'plus ones' alongside AE, AH and MM if this is the true face of modern feminism, I'll eat my old copy of The female eunuch. I refuse to class Chris Rock as a victim, as Hollyweird is full of 'victims' but as the great comedian that he is, he showed us what a top class bloke that he is by his reaction to that girlish slap... Chris Rock was the bigger man 👏👏👏 As for ws withdrawal from the academy is all smoke and mirrors 🐍

Chris is not a victim, he’s a survivor, there’s a difference.
Will Smith weaponised Chris’s disclosure and used his knowledge against Chris.
Do you think WS would have walked on stage and attempted to hit Ricky Gervais or Dave Chappell? I don’t, because I think Will knew he’d get retaliation.
I have so much respect for Chris Rock, but it unleashed something inside me to see him get abused like that on live tv and not one fucker stepping in.
After everything Chris has been through and after everything he has achieved he was a little boy again unable to protect himself and making himself small.
I will never watch or have anything else to do with Will Smith ever again. When someone shows you who they are believe them.
Will Smith is an abuser.

• Heart
Reactions: 70

Minxmonx

VIP Member
This is all bullshit to tick the right boxes to save his career. Lets not forget what happened directly after the assault. Jada laughed, Will made a fake apology ( though not to CR ) and then partied hard afterward. There was absolutely zero remorse. He is only sorry now, to save his own arse. End of.

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Diddikins

VIP Member
Are they talented though? I just assumed it was pure nepotism how they ended up with their careers. I just found them a bit “emperor’s new clothes” with their weirdness and trying to be edgy.

Reactions: 58

Dollie

has it been a continuous thing since the 90s or has it just been three jokes in over two decades?

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Lady_H

VIP Member
'I just wanted to help, his health, his mental state.....'

So you fecked him. He was old enough to be your son Jabababa! All her talk of healing makes me want to slap her! And on that note, I have a date, arghhhhhh, laters!
Quite agree. It’s been a while since I saw this conversation but I don’t feel any less nauseous this time around. By her own words she took an apparently mentally vulnerable young family friend, started a relationship in which the power dynamic was entirely in her favour, screwed him, dumped him, and then has the audacity to claim to have healed him through the power of her magical vagina. I note that she also puts the knife into WS by talking about how very long it had been since she felt good, implying that he wasn’t capable of doing that for her.

Trying to spin this whole thing as a some sort of cool progressive alternative relationship in which everyone is relaxed and happy about the infidelity is laughable. The reality is that he is emasculated and humiliated, and she is a narcissistic predator.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
The most insightful thing about it all is the fact that I come across about 15 people a day who I want to slap in the face but I don’t do it because a) I’m not a psychopath and b) I have self control. So what it tells me about Will is that he’s really not used to being around people who aren’t sucking his balls and kissing his ass. Like he’d never cope in the real world. He’d be going to bed at night needing to ice his palms he’d be that wrecked from slapping the shit out of everyone because people are annoying AF but ya can’t hit them honey

• Heart
Reactions: 52

Moley1

Chatty Member
The people who should feel ashamed after this episode:
Will Smith.
The Academy for not having him thrown out.
His wife for not trying to calm him down after he returned to his seat having assaulted the host.
Every single person who applauded Will Smith when he received his Oscar (yes including Benedict). These people are the first to say that they are there for the downtrodden, the victims, those who have been treated badly, yet they all stood and applauded a person who moments earlier physically assaulted another human being. It just shows how shallow most of these people are. Hollywood has never been the place where virtue and proper decent human decency is sacrosanct, but it has sunk to a new love with its handling of this incident. We pay these people huge amounts of money and put them on pedestals but it doesn’t give them the right to behave like a-holes on prime time television on a show that is supposed to highlight the best of its industry. If Will Smith is sincere in his acceptance of his bizarre behaviour, he will do us the favour of sorting his problems out privately and not seeking to cash in with a public catharsis that will only inflate his bank balance even more. Most of us mere mortals would have the good grace to slink off into a corner if we had behaved like this. This poor excuse for a human is going to milk it for all its worth. We are now living in the 21st century yet we are still behaving as if we are in the Middle Ages. Trump, Johnson, Putin, Smith. Why on Earth are the people anywhere near positions of power and importance? Why do we never learn? This behaviour is not acceptable. Full stop.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
His plan now is apologise ✅ rehab, then a “red table talk exclusive” with him and Jada jerking off over who loves themselves more and who had to heal more 🤢🤢🤢 or a couples sit down with Opera who is equally as vomit inducing.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

Mcomics

Chatty Member
I really feel that Denzel Washington was trying to calm the situation, saying the right things to calm it down. Of course will then decided to quote him in his speech which I doubt was the intention.
Will Smith has resigned to look better he knows he has royally fucked up. That video of the documentary winners they hug will & literally Chris rock just gets shoved back out if the way ( metaphorically not physically) he is not acknowledged at all. In his mind he is probably thinking well that's how it is,I give you your award & you hug him. Cheers.
Will Smith & his wife showex no remorse laughing at the slap & partying the night away. Jada is only invited for association, not on her own merit. Shocking behaviour. His or team are getting no sleep at present.
What I don't get is he was asked to leave said no so security went ok. How shit is that security so definitely don't think that happened. They just realized they look bad for not protecting Chris.
All in all a shocking example of privelige gone mad!

Reactions: 45

Em_

VIP Member
Shit like this is so manipulative. So we have to accept bad behaviour because if the perpetrator is made feel bad they will kill themselves!?? Wtf.
Their argument is so akin to the classic abusers trope of "if you'll leave I'll kill myself", I'm guessing the similarities are lost on the people who like these kinds of posts....
View attachment 1169031
I hate all those #bekind twats. It's like you're not allowed an opinion anymore, with out someone writing #bekind.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 45

Sampx

Jeez, poor bloke. Felt for him even more in that clip 😔
And it's going to be online forever, haunting him. I felt his humiliation when he was standing there and it was horrible. Imagine what that's going to do to him. If you've ever been bullied or abused, you never forget what it feels like to be humiliated. You want to just disappear. It saddens me more that no one went up to him to ask if he was OK. Maybe they did off camera but I guess we can only judge what we see and it seems to me that Will got more hugs than Chris did.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I’m still intrigued by the Academy “investigating” the incident over several weeks. WTF are they investigating that would longer than rolling the video a couple of times?
Exactly, we all SAW what happened. I am disgusted that Will was allowed to party afterwards. Whether the joke touched a nerve or not, what Will did was show the world that unchecked violence was “ok” - a terrible message. He’s clearly unwell also, beause he was LAUGHING first then flipped in an instance. Very scary behaviour.

I can’t help but think this is the beginning of the end of the Hollywood elite culture to be honest. If the slap had not happened most of us would not have realised the awards show was happening. Award shows used to be talked about for weeks after, with celebs adored unconditionally. Now, we see privilege, unchecked anger, unchecked egos, special treatment etc and I think the public are starting to wise up.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I think the public mood wouldn’t be as hostile towards Will if he has gone home after the ceremony and not celebrated and partied, rapping to his own songs like a goofy doofus. I would think that maybe he regrets his actions and is feeling some kind of shame, but the way he paraded himself about and celebrated himself all evening tells me his apology is just damage control following the public mood, and it rings hollow when he didn’t seem to give a fuck in the hours after the assault.

Reactions: 42