Why are there so many single parents?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dv
I couldn’t take anymore of the gaslighting beatings abuse so I walked away
hardest thing I ever did
and got judged for ‘making him do it’ and ‘should have tried harder’
nobody could have tried as hard as I did-he refused to change so I took the kids and ran
My ex's parents did the same and made me think it was me with the problem and not him. They even told me to say I hit my head on the kitchen cupboard to cover up the fact he had head butted me with that much force he split my forehead open.
You did the right thing in the end and it must of took so much courage for you to do it. Its amazing how you take so much but then from somewhere you find the strength to leave. Well done you!!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
My ex's parents did the same and made me think it was me with the problem and not him. They even told me to say I hit my head on the kitchen cupboard to cover up the fact he had head butted me with that much force he split my forehead open.
You did the right thing in the end and it must of took so much courage for you to do it. Its amazing how you take so much but then from somewhere you find the strength to leave. Well done you!!
My ex’s mother did the same
i was told I ‘drove him to it’
my own mother agreed
if anyone did the same to either of my daughters their heads would bounce-and same if anyone with my lads

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My ex’s mother did the same
i was told I ‘drove him to it’
my own mother agreed
if anyone did the same to either of my daughters their heads would bounce-and same if anyone with my lads
I have to laugh at it now. It's sad how people can defend violence I know I would of carried on covering it up for years if it wasnt for the fact what he did was on show!
My exs dad said to me "his realised you wasnt the right person for him"
Dont get me wrong I would do anything to protect my son but I would not condone violence.
I hope I bring up my son the right way and that's to never hurt the ones you love.

Reactions: 3
Since having our baby my husband and I do bicker a lot more but I put it down to a) tiredness and b) sometimes I can feel a bit envious that he's still going to work every day while I'm at home with the baby, which is basically a full time job (looking after the baby, keeping up with the household chores while he naps, putting the baby to bed and then cooking dinner. I sometimes don't feel like I get any time to myself to relax until we sit down for dinner at around 8 when dinner is cooked and the baby is in bed). Not to mention it can get lonely if the weather is bad and we're kind of stuck inside the house all day. We are lucky that this baby was planned and we're in a position where he earns enough that I can take a year off for maternity leave, but I can see that if you're already in a rocky relationship, the added stress of having a baby and all that goes with it (lack of sleep, financial worries of raising a baby, getting snappy when the baby cries in the middle of the night) it can just widen cracks that were already there.

Reactions: 1
I think some people find relationships disposable these days. Things like tinder just makes it so easy to find people. My Nan used to say “if someone is broken you try to fix it, you don’t just throw it away” and I think there’s a lot of truth in that. Equally nobody should put up with being cheated on or being treated badly.

Reactions: 7
My ex husband and I separated when the children were little. We just changed in different ways and we were making each other miserable. We went to relationship counselling and that is where we made the decision to separate. It wasn’t an easy decision and at the time we both felt like we were failing the children. However, the counselling helped up to separate with a solid plan for the children. That was 8 years ago, the children are both thriving and well adjusted. My ex and get on pretty well now, although we get on each other’s nerves if we have to spend more than an hour or so together.

After my marriage ended, I met someone new. After 4 years we had a son together, he left when our son was 18 months old,because he just wasn’t very happy. He had already met someone. That relationship ended pretty quickly though and he was all depressed and uses our son as a crutch to prop himself up. He’s just got married to a young woman who lives in turkey who has never even met his son. I very much feel that I had a lucky escape from that, I strongly believe that he is a narcissist.

Reactions: 6
I actually know quite a few examples of women being the bad guys.

1. My dad's first wife cheated on him and then demanded divorce. My step brother was 7 years old. It took my dad over 3 years to move on and another 3 to meet my mum.
2. Apparently my nan used to cheat on my grandpa although they didn't split up.
3. My ex's ex left him. Got pregnant with a loser and begged my ex to come back. My ex brought up the kid until the age of 3,5 yrs old and then she left him again.
4. My other ex, mother of his kid left him and told the kid that daddy didn't love him.

We don't have children, but we talk about having them. I have my concerns and worries and I'm not sure how having a baby would impact our relationship. He's a free spirit in many ways, but he knows that having a kid will require many sacrifices. I'm worried that I'll be over protective, I'll push him away and I'll end up resenting him. I think I'd like to have a split/shared parental leave.

Women are far more independent, I think. A lot of women stayed/put up with unhappy marriages due to finances with the family.

Reactions: 4
A lot of the single mums I know just had unprotected sex with men they didn't really know, trust or were even in a relationship with. Then men either didn't want to know or wanted to be involved in the childs life but not in a relationship with them.

Reactions: 6
A lot of the single mums I know just had unprotected sex with men they didn't really know, trust or were even in a relationship with. Then men either didn't want to know or wanted to be involved in the childs life but not in a relationship with them.
this seems to be very common these days, I bet a lot of them say it was an ‘accident’ too

Reactions: 1
The concept of what makes a family has changed. You seem very “traditional” in your views but there’s no reason why a person with children has to be in a relationship, especially if it made them unhappy. As long as children have stability, love and good role models of both genders they’ll be fine.

Reactions: 4
More acceptable to leave a relationship.
More ways to cheat unfortunately!
People still getting married young. . Like in Ireland average age is 32 for a woman to get married yet all my Scottish mates are 24-31 and all married with kids !!
People having kids before marriage is becoming the norm
Loads of reasons