White Allyship

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Again, thanks for this thread. I’m someone who previously thought it’s ok simply to be a non-racist. I’ve learned it’s not enough and have a way to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
A really powerful video that I’ve re-posted on my Instagram. This is a reality for families of POC. White privilege is never having to worry about having these conversations with our children. NOBODY should have to have these conversations.

Reactions: 5
I’d like to learn more, I have no idea how to word anything. I’ve had a conversation with my teenager this morning about this and what we can do about awareness

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If you think racism is a “bandwagon” then you’re part of the problem
If you read my post I said that racism isn't the bandwagon, it's just every Instagramer I have seen have all just posted the same stuff, as they did with 'be kind'. Do you really think they all care, I doubt it very much.

Why don't they just post their own thoughts & their own message of condolence, nope they just all post exactly the same, that what annoys me, they are jumping on the bandwagon.

Hopefully the rioting in USA and unrest will soon be over. It will then all go quiet until the next time. The influencers will move on & not mention it again.

We all know what's happening, we don't need to be shown exact same thing on everyone's page 😕

Reactions: 4
I’m very grateful for this thread. I really want to educate myself and learn more but I didn’t know where to start. This has really helped. Thank you

• Heart
If you read my post I said that racism isn't the bandwagon, it's just every Instagramer I have seen have all just posted the same stuff, as they did with 'be kind'. Do you really think they all care, I doubt it very much.

Why don't they just post their own thoughts & their own message of condolence, nope they just all post exactly the same, that what annoys me, they are jumping on the bandwagon.

Hopefully the rioting in USA and unrest will soon be over. It will then all go quiet until the next time. The influencers will move on & not mention it again.

We all know what's happening, we don't need to be shown exact same thing on everyone's page 😕
I’ve actually seen on MissGreedysHome thread, somebody just slated her for not posting. These influencers can’t win if they post or not.

Reactions: 2
I am so so glad that Celebs are also posting about BLM and not just re-posting but looking things up f
A really powerful video that I’ve re-posted on my Instagram. This is a reality for families of POC. White privilege is never having to worry about having these conversations with our children. NOBODY should have to have these conversations.
It is! Breaks my heart to think about it.. having to fear everyday that you are going to get hurt because of the colour of your skin and I will never know how that feels... but I will educate and stand for the people who have to feel this everyday!

There were protests in my country and i was so proud! And now the unions complain about covid-19. I understand their concerns but it feels like they are saying that it was a big enough cause to protest against due to covid-19. I work in hospital I know how the virus affects people but this is about human rights

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I am so so glad that Celebs are also posting about BLM and not just re-posting but looking things up f

It is! Breaks my heart to think about it.. having to fear everyday that you are going to get hurt because of the colour of your skin and I will never know how that feels... but I will educate and stand for the people who have to feel this everyday!

There were protests in my country and i was so proud! And now the unions complain about covid-19. I understand their concerns but it feels like they are saying that it was a big enough cause to protest against due to covid-19. I work in hospital I know how the virus affects people but this is about human rights
I will never understand what experiencing racism feels like, but I stand by every single person that does and I will speak up with them.

I agree about covid-19. Yes, it isn’t ideal that there is a virus being spread but these protests are so important! We’ve been given a chance to stand up against the years of racism and discrimination so regardless of covid, the opportunity needs to be taken!

The virus and pandemic WILL come to an end... without these protests the racism and discrimination experienced by POC may not.

Reactions: 1
There is a horrible irony in all these influencers posting their blank screenshots, ‘muted’ etc, and using the #blacklivesmatter hashtag, because in doing so they have muted all the wonderful content that people were accessing via that hashtag and all that is left is a sea of black screenshots now, as opposed to all the fantastic educational stuff that was there. It’s like the biggest 🤦‍♀️.

There are loads of stories now asking people to remove the hashtag but of course the damage is largely done this morning. Ffs.

Who cares if they care or not? If they’re getting the message out there which makes even a handful of people think about what’s happening and even just try to change themselves/society then who gives a crap whether they care about the cause or not?

• Heart
Reactions: 4

black activists are asking white people to elevate their voices rather than as usual dominate with our own white feelings. No one gives a duck if we’re crying because yet again another black human being has been murdered. White tears mean nothing right now, actions are needed and sharing/elevating the black voices on this platform for once is essential. So no, I do not think Stacey should write her own words - she doesn’t know enough to, none of us do. Yet.

ETA; if you think the unrest needs to be over and silence resumed then you really are terrifyingly part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’ve been speaking about it with my young son over the past few days. He’s almost 5. I’ve ordered some more diverse books online too for him as I noticed that we don’t have many in his collection. I can see my online friends sharing educational posts which is good to see. I will keep learning and strive to do more and not be afraid to speak out.

• Heart
black activists are asking white people to elevate their voices rather than as usual dominate with our own white feelings. No one gives a duck if we’re crying because yet again another black human being has been murdered. White tears mean nothing right now, actions are needed and sharing/elevating the black voices on this platform for once is essential. So no, I do not think Stacey should write her own words - she doesn’t know enough to, none of us do. Yet.

ETA; if you think the unrest needs to be over and silence resumed then you really are terrifyingly part of the problem.
So you think the unrest and rioting and even more killing is going to make a change, isn't that what has happened in the past, and it's still happening now.

In what way is rioting, smashing neighborhoods, burning people's shops, ruining more lives going to help the suitation.

It needs to stop & people need to talk, these actions are not going to make the slightest bit of difference as we have all seen before.

@Pinchme stopping and talking has thus far achieved nothing. Peaceful protest has been tried and tested and has thus far achieved nothing. It is very easy to say that rioting will not help the situation but acknowledge that people will not stop until the underlying causes of the violence have been addressed.

I suggest you look into the Stonewall Riots if you need an example of violent demonstrations that have succeeded in bringing about significant change.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@Pinchme stopping and talking has thus far achieved nothing. Peaceful protest has been tried and tested and has thus far achieved nothing. It is very easy to say that rioting will not help the situation but acknowledge that people will not stop until the underlying causes of the violence have been addressed.

I suggest you look into the Stonewall Riots if you need an example of violent demonstrations that have succeeded in bringing about significant change.
thank you.👏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So you think the unrest and rioting and even more killing is going to make a change, isn't that what has happened in the past, and it's still happening now.

In what way is rioting, smashing neighborhoods, burning people's shops, ruining more lives going to help the suitation.

It needs to stop & people need to talk, these actions are not going to make the slightest bit of difference as we have all seen before.
We keep talking and no one gives a damn.... when will our voices be heard. Even you are trying to silence us

• Heart
Reactions: 10

A riot is the language of the unheard - MLK Jr.

People have tried to talk. They have been ignored.

It’s time to make a statement. Protests are necessary.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 7