When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Every day for the last few weeks as we lost our beautiful dog, he had heart failure and his last few hours are haunting me. My heart feels so empty and I know some will say it is just a dog but he was such a huge part of my life.
So sorry for your loss. It's never "just a pet' they are our worlds

Reactions: 2
This morning. I just feel so lonely and like everything is getting on top of me right now with nowhere to turn.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Just now because my dad called me stupid and useless. I should be used to it because he's always been so cruel but it hurts each time. Nothing I do is ever good enough. πŸ˜”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Just now because my dad called me stupid and useless. I should be used to it because he's always been so cruel but it hurts each time. Nothing I do is ever good enough. πŸ˜”
As above, you are not stupid or useless and besides, what kind of a father says that to his daughter? (Mine is the same by the way ive been non contact for a year now) .

• Heart
Reactions: 6
As above, you are not stupid or useless and besides, what kind of a father says that to his daughter? (Mine is the same by the way ive been non contact for a year now) .
Thank you, I'm sorry to hear yours is the same, it's hard being around abusive, narcissistic parents. I hope the non contact is helping you. I've been saving to move out for a while now but I always end up staying because I feel sorry for my mum. He's nice when he wants help with something but otherwise I'm all the names under the sun. πŸ˜ͺ I guess there's no pleasing some people.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know this will come across as a pity party, but just now. Today is my birthday and so far only 2 out of 3 kids have wished me a happy birthday plus my husband(kids are all over 10yrs old and everyone is home today). I've had a bottle of expensive liqueur from them all which wasn't even wrapped and is something I would never drink. No cards at all and 2 texts/WhatsApp messages from my relatives, who live within 15mins of me. I've done the food shopping, washed up, done 3 loads of washing/drying and put it all away and cleaned the toilet/bathroom.
I like to make others feel special on their birthdays and like to pick cards out which show I've thought of them. Oh and I bought a small bouquet of pink roses reduced to Β£1.60 earlier to cheer myself up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I know this will come across as a pity party, but just now. Today is my birthday and so far only 2 out of 3 kids have wished me a happy birthday plus my husband(kids are all over 10yrs old and everyone is home today). I've had a bottle of expensive liqueur from them all which wasn't even wrapped and is something I would never drink. No cards at all and 2 texts/WhatsApp messages from my relatives, who live within 15mins of me. I've done the food shopping, washed up, done 3 loads of washing/drying and put it all away and cleaned the toilet/bathroom.
I like to make others feel special on their birthdays and like to pick cards out which show I've thought of them. Oh and I bought a small bouquet of pink roses reduced to Β£1.60 earlier to cheer myself up.
it's not a pity party, i totally get you. i put so much effort into doing things for people on their special days and it hurts when they don't do it back. your feelings are valid! also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY of course πŸ’•πŸŒ· i hope the roses cheered you up, put your feet up now & pour yourself a drink! πŸ₯‚

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You are neither of those things - and what he has said is more of a reflection on him as a person than it is of you. You're fab and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Saturday - I have been struggling with my mental health and other than work have become pretty reclusive. Hubby suggested we pop to Matalan and Sainsburys, and I was feeling brave since I have been on my meds over a week. Anyway, I failed and had a meltdown in Matalan.
Then on Saturday afternoon I took delivery of my dress for when I am Maid Of Honour for my brother in July, and had another meltdown because I don't know they duck I am going to cope with a wedding when I can't cope with Matalan.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Happy Birthday @Bubblesdahling sending virtual flowers and thoughts!
i had similar for my birthday in december. I was so gutted so really feel your upset. Can you get out for a walk and a coffee to treat yourself to space from them all?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You are neither of those things - and what he has said is more of a reflection on him as a person than it is of you. You're fab and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.
❀ Thank you for being so kind to me. Your post has put a smile on my face. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It will always hurt but you are good enough. Give yourself a massive hug. And tell him to sod off x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This evening.
Had a bad mental health day so tried to pull myself to the gym but got caught in the rain half way there so proceeded to turn back and walk slowly all the way home crying in the rain like I was in a pathetic music video.

• Heart
It will always hurt but you are good enough. Give yourself a massive hug. And tell him to sod off x
Thank you for your lovely words! Telling him to sod off gives him more ammunition so I try to bite my tongue and walk away. x

• Heart
it's not a pity party, i totally get you. i put so much effort into doing things for people on their special days and it hurts when they don't do it back. your feelings are valid! also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY of course πŸ’•πŸŒ· i hope the roses cheered you up, put your feet up now & pour yourself a drink! πŸ₯‚
Happy Birthday @Bubblesdahling sending virtual flowers and thoughts!
i had similar for my birthday in december. I was so gutted so really feel your upset. Can you get out for a walk and a coffee to treat yourself to space from them all?
Thank you guys, you've all made me feel a little better πŸ˜‡ I did receive 1 birthday card, a relative popped round this afternoon and brought a lovely thoughtful gift too. I'm gonna snuggle up in bed now with a nice hot chocolate and watch the walking dead. Take care everyone x

• Heart
Happy Birthday to you xx x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.