When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Today.

I just finalized my handover in my horrendous job of 2.5 years where I was treated like garbage for the last year.

A lot of negative things started happening right after I started working in this team including the death of my parent in December of last year, anxiety, loss of friends etc.

I’d been working towards a specific corporate title for the last couple of years and didn’t get there until very recently after my dad passed. This corporate title is part of my new job and somehow I feel as though my dad guided me to this job.

I cried today thinking of where I was this time last year and where I am now. Part of it is the release of leaving this toxic environment behind and part of it is reaching a milestone goal only after my dad passed.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It’s the most socialable, coupled up, family time of year and yet I’ve never felt so lonely. Last Xmas was the first year feeling like this after a cascade of crappy events. I’m probably not quite as tearful this year and keep tears hidden from dockid but it’s such a difficult time if you’re struggling,

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
This morning. This time of year is just hard and it hasn’t been an easy year in general. 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m mostly blocking out the run up to Christmas and letting it pass me by. I know Christmas Day won’t be bad with my family but I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I cry at the drop of a hat these days - bad things on the news, adverts that touch your heartstrings….,
I need to harden up lol

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Today. Sobbed my heart out when driving. 16 years since my sibling died and it all came flooding back. I’m usually OK on anniversaries but this is half my life time ago now and I just keep wondering about what they would be doing now and I feel robbed of a life I should have had.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Putting up the tree today. Sobbed my heart out. Ditto to much of what’s been said above. It’s a hard time of year. And I miss my Dad so much it hurts physically. He made Christmas for all of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Today and most days the past week or so. I find Christmas quite difficult, so full of memories that can be very painful. I feel incredibly lonely at this time of year. Keeping up the facade of everything being magical and wonderful for the kids is quite draining. I wish I could hide away until it is over.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Today, and for stupid reasons as I know there’s a lot worse problems in the world! Lol. But it’s our works xmas get together on wed/Thur in Blackpool. I live in Newcastle and can’t get the train like I usually would due to the train strikes so having to drive. I am shitting myself to drive on my own, and was praying they would cancel due to the cold weather but got an email today saying it’s going ahead and I just started crying lol. And me and my mam were meant to be going to Edinburgh for the day on Saturday, but again stupid train strikes, so we have decided to cancel as neither of us want to drive.

Reactions: 2
About half an hour ago. My 2 kids are my only family (I'm an only child, lost my parents 25+ years ago) and for the last 8 years Christmas has been the 3 of us and my partner. Except now he's my Ex so it's just us 3 again.
I was out with friends at the weekend and they all have big families, 15 people for Christmas kind of thing. And it made me sad that we are just 3, that our family is so small.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I cry must days, I personally don't like Xmas I find this time of year extremely depressing, am a single mother and I do try for my 5 year old son but deep down I can't wait to see the back of it, Xmas was always with family who are no longer with use anymore so it hasn't been the same since 😢 I find Xmas so lonely

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Sending love to everyone who, for whatever reason, finds Christmastime difficult. ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Today and probably everyday for the past week or two. Just trying to get my head around life stuff.

• Heart
Today, I was having a crap morning and slipped on some ice crossing the road and fell on my back, a nice man came to my rescue to help me up before I could get run over (I landed in the middle of a busy road) and the shock and his kindness made me cry 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Been crying on and off since last thursday when I went to visit my dad and found him slumped on the couch dying. Paramedics were brilliant but unfortunately too late to save him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
friday, when i had an anxiety attack. i had a taxi pre-booked for a an important train i needed to catch. taxi place cancelled on me but blamed it on me when i was outside ready and waiting at 7am. missed my train. next one was extortionately expensive and couldn't book another taxi. lol just tipped me over the edge and some heavy stuff id been suppressing the week before came out

it's always the tiniest things that finish you off!

• Heart
  • Sad
Been crying on and off since last thursday when I went to visit my dad and found him slumped on the couch dying. Paramedics were brilliant but unfortunately too late to save him.
I’m so very very sorry. My heart goes out to you x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.