When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@nothanksbabes Please don't think that you are old (I'm also almost 40, no kids). It's tit that someone can treat you like this but keep the nice memories and look at it as a closed chapter of your life. It's gone and you need to put yourself in the center. You need to put time into your hobbies or develop one. There are wonderful men out there but maybe we are meant to be alone and that is fine, or maybe you will meet someone soon :) But first you need to be happy and fulfilled when you are single. You shouldn't feel worthy only if you are in a relationship. Sending you lots of love!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@nothanksbabes Please don't think that you are old (I'm also almost 40, no kids). It's tit that someone can treat you like this but keep the nice memories and look at it as a closed chapter of your life. It's gone and you need to put yourself in the center. You need to put time into your hobbies or develop one. There are wonderful men out there but maybe we are meant to be alone and that is fine, or maybe you will meet someone soon :) But first you need to be happy and fulfilled when you are single. You shouldn't feel worthy only if you are in a relationship. Sending you lots of love!
Thank you. ❤

I'd done lots of work to be happy on my own before I met him, thrown money at therapy, and this has just really annihilated my confidence. I've never met a nicer man than him (till he's done this), my friends are all blown away and I suspect his will be. Literally days ago I was the best thing that's ever happened to him. I don't think women need some bloke to be happy, I just wish for once I wasn't the odd one out and I literally always am. I have loads of friends and hobbies and stuff to fill my time but I'm a lifelong third wheel and it's incredibly depressing no matter what perspective I put on it. That said I'd never settle for some head over being alone, I've just never been more sure I could trust someone and I was wrong. I'm just bloody tired to be honest 😞.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
today. i’ve had 2 miscarriages this year, 3 months apart. i’m undergoing tests and have been in agony since mentally and physically. my boyfriends family have seen me emotionally drained during these times and know what we have been through. today i mentioned something about ‘if i ever have another kid’ and my bf’s uncle went ‘nah just stick with the one, what do you want another bloody kid for, you’re useless with the one you’ve got’ and i dunno it just hurt my feelings and i went and cried in another room. he knows full well what’s happened and he’s taken me to hospital appointments and seen me at my lowest.

• Heart
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
today. i’ve had 2 miscarriages this year, 3 months apart. i’m undergoing tests and have been in agony since mentally and physically. my boyfriends family have seen me emotionally drained during these times and know what we have been through. today i mentioned something about ‘if i ever have another kid’ and my bf’s uncle went ‘nah just stick with the one, what do you want another bloody kid for, you’re useless with the one you’ve got’ and i dunno it just hurt my feelings and i went and cried in another room. he knows full well what’s happened and he’s taken me to hospital appointments and seen me at my lowest.
I'm so angry on your behalf. What a horrible man and such a nasty thing to say. You didn't deserve that.

I'm sorry for your losses. I bet you are a wonderful mother Watermelon.

❤

• Heart
What an ugly thing to say to anyone nevermind someone who has had real struggles. I’m sorry. You deserve so much better. Gentle hugs for you and a poke in the eye for that idiot uncle.

• Heart
What a needlessly cruel, awful thing to say. I'm so sorry for your loss and that you've had to deal with callous dickheads with no concern for anyone else's feelings.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I can’t believe he said that to you…that is such a disgusting thing to say. I hope you’re okay, sending you hugs watermelon ♥💗

• Heart
I’m so sorry he said that to you my lovely 😔 I know I only know you on here but you seem like the best mum, what an insensitive bellend he is! Who can say such horrible, insensitive things? Big hugs to you ❤

• Heart
thank you for all the sweet messages everyone that’s replied. i think i will distance myself from him now 🤍 i don’t need that negativity in my life

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Today. Been trying to arrange a therapy session with my old therapist since last friday. Seeing that we're at the end of the week and I don't have a session confirmed you can't say I didn't ask for help, because I did.

My New T has had a death in the family so I haven't been bothering him since he told me.

Moved to a new place and it's 100% not London and miles away from my siblings. My new schedule is also ****.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Today. Been trying to arrange a therapy session with my old therapist since last friday. Seeing that we're at the end of the week and I don't have a session confirmed you can't say I didn't ask for help, because I did.

My New T has had a death in the family so I haven't been bothering him since he told me.

• Heart
Today when I was having my hair cut. Last night we'd finished watching "Six Feet Under". I didn't cry then, but I started thinking about the ending when I was at the hairdressers today, and I actually started blubbing. I stifled it pretty well so hopefully no one noticed.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Today. I had an appointment today that confirmed I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands. The thought of living the rest of my life with pain and eventually having to give up my career is frightening 😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Today. I had an appointment today that confirmed I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands. The thought of living the rest of my life with pain and eventually having to give up my career is frightening 😢
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but just to offer you hope- medication can help and they have made a lot of progress with new biological treatments compared to just 10 years ago.

Reactions: 1
I cried on Monday because I worked myself into a tizz over something minor at work / had an unproductive day / was fed up working from home.

This morning I cried thinking what if my mums cancer comes back and they can’t treat it. Then this afternoon I cried because I spoke to my mum and she got upset because she can’t look after my gran (because of her cancer) and that set me off.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you. ❤

I'd done lots of work to be happy on my own before I met him, thrown money at therapy, and this has just really annihilated my confidence. I've never met a nicer man than him (till he's done this), my friends are all blown away and I suspect his will be. Literally days ago I was the best thing that's ever happened to him. I don't think women need some bloke to be happy, I just wish for once I wasn't the odd one out and I literally always am. I have loads of friends and hobbies and stuff to fill my time but I'm a lifelong third wheel and it's incredibly depressing no matter what perspective I put on it. That said I'd never settle for some head over being alone, I've just never been more sure I could trust someone and I was wrong. I'm just bloody tired to be honest 😞.
I just wanted to say that although I know well meaning people will advise that 'you need to be happy alone' blah blah, and to some extent that's true, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be in a relationship. Most people either are in one, or trying to find one after all.

I've been single for more years than I've been in relationships. I don't jump from one to another because I've always known what I was looking for, and struggled to find it. But that doesn't mean I actively enjoy being on my own or am happier single. I appreciate the positives of my situation, but equally I know that in a good relationship my life is significantly better than it is now. And I prefer that better life, who wouldn't?

• Heart
I have RA in my hands and in other places I have OA as well I was diagnosed 12 or so years ago and it's never gotten any worse, in fact, it's even reversed up. I don't eat high carbs or grain though. if I do ( and it's so easy to slip) I can no longer move my hand's neck without pain etc, I stop the grain and carbs and everything loosens up again.

Hope you find something that works for you.

I just wanted to say that although I know well meaning people will advise that 'you need to be happy alone' blah blah, and to some extent that's true, there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to be in a relationship. Most people either are in one, or trying to find one after all.

I've been single for more years than I've been in relationships. I don't jump from one to another because I've always known what I was looking for, and struggled to find it. But that doesn't mean I actively enjoy being on my own or am happier single. I appreciate the positives of my situation, but equally I know that in a good relationship my life is significantly better than it is now. And I prefer that better life, who wouldn't?
Thank you ❤. It really annoys me the way single people are held to this standard like we have to be fun and independent while everyone else clings to their (often substandard) relationships and has no idea.

From what I gather, my fella's (ex, I suppose) ex-wife, who cheated on him and manipulated him through their entire marriage before bleeping off and having a baby with someone else, who hasn't seen their children since Christmas, has done her usual manipulative dying swan act and threatened suicide unless they all fall in line.

I'm somehow acceptable collateral damage in his inability to stand up to her or set a boundary. His friend seems to think he's in bits about me but he still won't have an honest conversation with me.

I haven't stopped crying for a fortnight. I don't believe in soulmates but we were as close as it gets. His best friend keeps messaging me and seems as shocked as I am. I would like the earth to swallow me up. I've been around the block and there isn't another him out there sadly. He's being a bleeping coward.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
About an hour ago, my grandmother is 97 and was actually active enough until a few months ago but now she wants to stay in bed all day which of course is expected at her age but this morning when I went to my parents house ( she moved in with them when she became less active) she said ‘ I want this song played at my funeral’ and she held my hand and was singing it, I struggled not to cry in front of her because even though she is old and has had such a healthy and happy life the thought of her not being around is just unimaginable. She has always been the rock of my family and her doctor said recently her heart is weak, which is expected at her age. I just can’t imagine her not being around anymore , she’s so funny and positive, just being around her lifts my mood if I ever feel down 🙁

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.