When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just now, listening to a beautiful song about the the joy and the magic of singing together with someone that you love.

Reactions: 1
Yesterday. Over a case of animal cruelty that I don't even want to describe here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Today

I'm struggling so much at the minute with Christmas coming up as I lost my dad during the summer

People say it gets easier but so far it has just gotten harder with each week that passes
You’re in the year of firsts, and that sucks. It’s early days for you, but it does become easier to bear.

I lost my mum 5 years ago and someone told me about the marble in a jar……your grief is the marble and your life is the jar. When you first lose someone, your jar is tiny and the marble takes up pretty much the whole thing. You don’t have much room for anything else. Over time, your jar grows. The marble stays the same size, your grief is always there, but your life grows around it. And sometimes your jar shrinks a bit and your grief takes up the space again. And other times your jar is huge, and while your grief won’t disappear it won’t take up as much of your life.
The idea gave me some comfort back then, and I think it’s been true for me. I hope you find times when your jar grows a bit x

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On Monday being told the baby that I'm carrying does not have the same fatal anomalies that caused my son to be born sleeping at 24wks last year. Best early Xmas present we could of asked for. Now I can finally tell our son he got his wish of his wee brother sending him a baby 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Today

I'm struggling so much at the minute with Christmas coming up as I lost my dad during the summer

People say it gets easier but so far it has just gotten harder with each week that passes
I'm feeling the same as you, my dad died sept 28th, even though i'm 59 years old I feel your dad should always be there ! Dads can sort anything out ! I'm lucky to have had him for as long as I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I cry daily at the moment. We've been trying to move house for a year and the whole thing is so stressful I'm not sure how much longer I can cope. Lots of complications and never really knowing what's going to happen. It's by far the worst thing I've ever gone through and I've been through quite a bit in life.

Never again.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Today.
I’ve just had my second missed miscarriage in 3.5 months. 3rd overall. First one was last year and I was 18 weeks.
My management treatment has failed and was told the first appt to now go as an inpatient is Xmas eve or I have to wait until next week. Hardly anyone knows so I’m worried I’m going to start naturally miscarrying over the weekend or have to go in Xmas eve and miss it altogether.
I already feel like Xmas is ruined. Everywhere I look I’m surrounded by people having this lovely time with their families doing all these lovely Christmassy things.I’m so jealous and resentful of people having their children and my stupid body can’t do anything right.
I’ve got to go back to work tomorrow. And fear what will happen. I work with small children too.
My friend lost her dad a few months ago, she’s really poorly in the lead up to Xmas and she’s separated from her husband this year. She’s really struggling and I feel guilty I can’t be emotionally there more for her, but still resent her having Xmas with her two kids because despite her having difficulty with conception and carrying, she still got her babies. It makes me feel horrible and bitter. And I am. But I don’t know how else to feel.

It’s just all a bit much.
I’m so sorry love.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Every day. Still can't get over the fact my otherwise lovely fella just disappeared on me. His friends getting in touch to tell me how shocked and confused they are because they'd never seen him so happy and he never shut up about me isn't helping. It's true, we were stupidly happy and compatible but obviously I'm just worthless and disposable.

Both my parents are ill. They adopted me when I was a bit older and so Christmas is a weird time anyway. If I lose them I'll have nothing really.

Train strikes have fucked everything and my friends have arranged to meet me after Christmas and drive me 150 miles home. An unnecessarily kind gesture that I probably don't deserve.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Every day. Still can't get over the fact my otherwise lovely fella just disappeared on me. His friends getting in touch to tell me how shocked and confused they are because they'd never seen him so happy and he never shut up about me isn't helping. It's true, we were stupidly happy and compatible but obviously I'm just worthless and disposable.

Both my parents are ill. They adopted me when I was a bit older and so Christmas is a weird time anyway. If I lose them I'll have nothing really.

Train strikes have fucked everything and my friends have arranged to meet me after Christmas and drive me 150 miles home. An unnecessarily kind gesture that I probably don't deserve.
You do deserve the gesture and they wouldn’t do it unless they wanted to.

I am so sorry to hear about your relationship but you deserve better than someone who walks away without any reasoning. I know that won’t make you feel better but just know you are worth more than this.

• Heart
I hope all who are struggling are ok over the next few days. It’s tough when you’re feeling low and surrounded by enforced jollity.
Let’s all be kind to ourselves. Take care everyone x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
today... my sister has this incredible ability to make me feel like utter tit within minutes of being around her. im always the target of whatever emotional pain she's in. little sister responsibilites - being your older siblings punching bag and then being asked to stay silent and deal with it by your mum

edit: so i'm sat alone by myself on christmas as my sisters left and my mums gone to bed frustrated

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Him leaving is not a sign of your worth. Your value does not change either depending on if he's around or not.It's hard now but you you doged a bullet with this one. You do deserve kindness even if you can't see it for yourself now I hope one day you will.

• Heart
This morning thinking that this time last year my dog was sat guarding the turkey cooking in the oven. He is sadly no longer with us and bloody hell it's a physical pain some days.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Coming to the realisation that after almost 17 years married and 3 children later, I’m no longer in love with the man I married. The penny has dropped that I was never really myself in this marriage. I was always trying to be the person he and his family wanted me to be. I’ve realised this over the last couple of weeks, and the truth and reality has hit me so hard, and I have cried so hard. I am not getting what I want out of this marriage, I am suffocating and being suffocated. He doesn’t want out, he is scared, but he doesn’t and is incapable of helping/changing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
This morning thinking that this time last year my dog was sat guarding the turkey cooking in the oven. He is sadly no longer with us and bloody hell it's a physical pain some days.
I know how you feel, our old Greyhound died in September & today he would have been in & out of the kitchen, looking for his share of the roast potatoes & chicken.
We miss him terribly
20220804_203339.jpg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
today... my sister has this incredible ability to make me feel like utter tit within minutes of being around her. im always the target of whatever emotional pain she's in. little sister responsibilites - being your older siblings punching bag and then being asked to stay silent and deal with it by your mum

edit: so i'm sat alone by myself on christmas as my sisters left and my mums gone to bed frustrated
My mum has this exact relationship with her sister, it is absolutely awful. Her sister is a textbook narc and is vile to be around. My mum will be doing absolutely fine and then she'll have to interact with the narc monster, even if it's just an email or text, and will have a really crappy few days of feeling terrible.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Today.
I’ve just had my second missed miscarriage in 3.5 months. 3rd overall. First one was last year and I was 18 weeks.
My management treatment has failed and was told the first appt to now go as an inpatient is Xmas eve or I have to wait until next week. Hardly anyone knows so I’m worried I’m going to start naturally miscarrying over the weekend or have to go in Xmas eve and miss it altogether.
I already feel like Xmas is ruined. Everywhere I look I’m surrounded by people having this lovely time with their families doing all these lovely Christmassy things.I’m so jealous and resentful of people having their children and my stupid body can’t do anything right.
I’ve got to go back to work tomorrow. And fear what will happen. I work with small children too.
My friend lost her dad a few months ago, she’s really poorly in the lead up to Xmas and she’s separated from her husband this year. She’s really struggling and I feel guilty I can’t be emotionally there more for her, but still resent her having Xmas with her two kids because despite her having difficulty with conception and carrying, she still got her babies. It makes me feel horrible and bitter. And I am. But I don’t know how else to feel.

It’s just all a bit much.
I’m so sorry for your loss. I had surgical management of my third loss just last week. It is such a hard road to walk and I’ve found Christmas unbearable this year. The jealousy and sadness is too much. I just wanted to send you strength & good thoughts ❤ Thinking of you and your babies ⭐⭐⭐

This morning missing my dad and the family Christmases we used to have. Thats all gone now and my family is not the same, going back home is horrendous for me and the feeling of "going back home" is gone. Because its not there anymore.

After rereading - Just want to stress my dad has not died but moved to NL and my mum remarried a man who I do not really see eye to eye with.

• Heart

They have no idea what’s caused it?

They have no idea what’s caused it?
He has lots of baggage (abusive ex wife who threatens suicide when she doesn't get her way and drags their kids into it, and has badmouthed me to the kids) and is really non-confrontational. He had another ex girlfriend before me who he wasn't happy with but I found out today he's gone back to her. Everyone's pretty shocked and horrified and his friends who thought he was a solid, nice guy are furious and baffled because we had a great relationship and they tell me he was really unhappy before. She lives nearer to him and knows his kids and won't push back against his crackpot ex wife though so I guess it's just easier. I'm no longer worth the effort.

He was with this ex girlfriend when he met me, it fizzled out and he finished with her to pursue me. I assume she doesn't know this, or if she does she doesn't have much self respect.

I've left relationships before and been hurt or whatever but there's always been a silver lining. This has absolutely ended me. He also did this to me in three WhatsApp messages and didn't really tell me - I found out properly when he'd changed his Facebook relationship status! Prior to this he was 10/10 green flags, the perfect boyfriend. The cognitive dissonance is bleeping painful. I just feel like this is my fault somehow even though he's a coward.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.