When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Earlier today. Had a bereavement in my family on Friday and still struggling to come to terms with it. Went to see my grandmother and we both just cried and hugged each other 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Last night, been holding it in today. My dad died last week 😔
I'm so sorry for your loss. Please remember that there are no rules when it comes to grieving. You just make sure that you do what is right for you. Take lots of care x
Earlier today. Had a bereavement in my family on Friday and still struggling to come to terms with it. Went to see my grandmother and we both just cried and hugged each other 💔
My thoughts are with you x

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’m so sorry to everyone who is going through the loss of a loved one, as the previous poster said grief is a very personal thing, please be kind to yourselves. 💜💜

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My lovely boyfriend, who I have had the best relationship of my life with, who has always treated me with respect and been absolutely delighted with me (and the feeling is mutual), consistent and affectionate, has withdrawn and just stopped talking to me. Don't live together. Said he needed "a break" by text. Then changed his relationship status on Facebook like a bleeping teenager, and someone else had to tell me because I don't really use it. Utterly out of the blue, and has since ignored me. I've tried to speak to him (kindly and supportively because I know things are getting on top of him lately and I'd do anything for him) but nothing. It feels like I won't hear ever from him again.

I know his abusive ex wife probably has something to do with it and using his kids against him but I am heartbroken. I was abandoned by both parents as a kid so he knows people just disappearing on me is a major issue for me and its like he's a stranger being vindictive. If he'd wanted to end it he could have talked to me, but this is horrifying. He's done this just after we went away with his friends, so now I get to feel humiliated in front of them too.

My last relationships were abusive and I thought I'd finally met a diamond. I haven't trusted anyone for years and now the person I trust this does this to me. Just the other day he was telling me I'm #1 and how proud he is to be with me. My friends are all baffled, we were that gross couple who were totally mad about each other, but once again I've been proven to be disposable, less than nothing. I'm not sure how someone recovers from this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
My lovely boyfriend, who I have had the best relationship of my life with, who has always treated me with respect and been absolutely delighted with me (and the feeling is mutual), consistent and affectionate, has withdrawn and just stopped talking to me. Don't live together. Said he needed "a break" by text. Then changed his relationship status on Facebook like a bleeping teenager, and someone else had to tell me because I don't really use it. Utterly out of the blue, and has since ignored me. I've tried to speak to him (kindly and supportively because I know things are getting on top of him lately and I'd do anything for him) but nothing. It feels like I won't hear ever from him again.

I know his abusive ex wife probably has something to do with it and using his kids against him but I am heartbroken. I was abandoned by both parents as a kid so he knows people just disappearing on me is a major issue for me and its like he's a stranger being vindictive. If he'd wanted to end it he could have talked to me, but this is horrifying. He's done this just after we went away with his friends, so now I get to feel humiliated in front of them too.

My last relationships were abusive and I thought I'd finally met a diamond. I haven't trusted anyone for years and now the person I trust this does this to me. Just the other day he was telling me I'm #1 and how proud he is to be with me. My friends are all baffled, we were that gross couple who were totally mad about each other, but once again I've been proven to be disposable, less than nothing. I'm not sure how someone recovers from this.
Oh I’m sorry to hear this. Tell him you will be there when or if he is ready to talk and then leave it at that. It’s all you can really do. If you bombard them it only makes things worse but I do think he will contact you eventually - they always do but for now respect that he wants a break and live your life.

I have been through something similar and it ended up being the hardest time of my life and it made me ill. Sounds cliche but if someone wants to walk out of your life - let them. Please look after yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Oh I’m sorry to hear this. Tell him you will be there when or if he is ready to talk and then leave it at that. It’s all you can really do. If you bombard them it only makes things worse but I do think he will contact you eventually - they always do but for now respect that he wants a break and live your life.

I have been through something similar and it ended up being the hardest time of my life and it made me ill. Sounds cliche but if someone wants to walk out of your life - let them. Please look after yourself.
Thank you. I know a wall of text doesn't make anyone respond so I haven't. If he's the man we all thought he was he'll be suffering but I've believed a load of tit before. He didn't have to annihilate the last remaining shred of my self esteem on the way out of the door.

I have to try and work today and I don't know how when I feel like an utterly pointless waste of space.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you. I know a wall of text doesn't make anyone respond so I haven't. If he's the man we all thought he was he'll be suffering but I've believed a load of tit before. He didn't have to annihilate the last remaining shred of my self esteem on the way out of the door.

I have to try and work today and I don't know how when I feel like an utterly pointless waste of space.
You aren’t a waste of space at all. This is all on him. Men tend to switch off when they are struggling but I’m sure he will contact you in a few days - it’s worth thinking is this the sort of person you want a relationship with if he does come back.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
You aren’t a waste of space at all. This is all on him. Men tend to switch off when they are struggling but I’m sure he will contact you in a few days - it’s worth thinking is this the sort of person you want a relationship with if he does come back.
You're right. It will take a lot for me to forgive this. That a middle aged man couldn't call me to talk at the very least is embarassing. I've been insecure lately but generally I'm pretty easy to talk to (so my friends tell me). I have a lot of very close friends who are also furious with him and I know they will never look at him the same again, and they're very important to me.

All that said, given the wonky way my brain works all I can think is that I've done something horribly wrong and deserve to be treated like this.

• Heart
  • Sad
You're right. It will take a lot for me to forgive this. That a middle aged man couldn't call me to talk at the very least is embarassing. I've been insecure lately but generally I'm pretty easy to talk to (so my friends tell me). I have a lot of very close friends who are also furious with him and I know they will never look at him the same again, and they're very important to me.

All that said, given the wonky way my brain works all I can think is that I've done something horribly wrong and deserve to be treated like this.
You haven’t done anything wrong and you do not deserve to be treated like this. This is all on him! Sending you hugs ♥

• Heart
Usually I cry maybe once a year. Now crying daily since last Wed - about to go through a separation (we’ve been together for close to 15 y).
Eventually I’ll be fine. Just now is not a great moment in my life - don’t want to share this with my family (they live too far away) and friends until we have figured things out and I have a plan in place (mentally and financially).

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
@nothanksbabes I’m so sorry to hear this. I feel your pain- although my parents didn’t abandon me (I wish they did) they made sure that I‘ll be struggling with self worth for rest of my life (therapists who know my situation are horrified about what I was put through as a child so it’s not just me being ungrateful).
I know it’s hard but try to pamper yourself and move on, maybe tell to yourself that this is temporary (if nothin else helps) BUT try to avoid any direct or indirect communication. You need to try to get him and his world out of your way. And don’t blame yourself about anything. Whatever goes on in his life is his responsibility, if he chose to walk out on you it’s on him, and don’t try to help him or support him in any way. You need space for yourself now, no updates on how he is or what is he doing. Sending you lots of 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well, my dad managed a few more days, but today when my mum was visiting he said he wanted her to take him home. He died a few hours later. My poor mum has been married to him for over fifty years. So yeh, I cried again today worrying about how she’s going to cope with everything.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I manage a foodbank as a volunteer. Yesterday we had 11 new referrals in one day. More than we usually get in three months. One local supermarket has given us a few boxes of chocolate advent calendars and we were able to give parents with children one for each child. They cried, my volunteers cried, and a local company manager who was visiting to ask what employees could do left with tears running down her face, having given all the mums a big hug. She returned two hours later with a company van packed to the roof with 100 of everything - boxes of biscuits, tins of meat, fresh fruit, and promises of a monthly delivery of donations. I’d held it together till then, but went home to the ‘budget’ and the sheer bloody hopelessness of it had me sobbing all day. I’m going to stop watching the news and start remembering that we generally live in good communities who, given the chance, will support one another. Here I go again… 😢😢😢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
@nothanksbabes I’m so sorry to hear this. I feel your pain- although my parents didn’t abandon me (I wish they did) they made sure that I‘ll be struggling with self worth for rest of my life (therapists who know my situation are horrified about what I was put through as a child so it’s not just me being ungrateful).
I know it’s hard but try to pamper yourself and move on, maybe tell to yourself that this is temporary (if nothin else helps) BUT try to avoid any direct or indirect communication. You need to try to get him and his world out of your way. And don’t blame yourself about anything. Whatever goes on in his life is his responsibility, if he chose to walk out on you it’s on him, and don’t try to help him or support him in any way. You need space for yourself now, no updates on how he is or what is he doing. Sending you lots of 💕
Thank you ❤. My parents did me a favour tbf, life would have been worse with them but they've caused a lifetime of mental chaos.

I just find it impossible that the man who a fortnight ago said he's never been so happy and isn't used to it has just abandoned me. It took a long time to trust someone and I will never do it again. I'm late 30s and the only one of my friends who is unmarried and childless and I just need to get used to the fact I'm meant to be alone. I really tried to be OK with it and stayed single worked on myself for years before he came along and I'm back to square one where I should have stayed. Embarassing that I thought I could have the kind of life other people have.

This is bloody trivial compared to the other stuff in this thread. Thanks for your kind words.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Pain at the end of the day is pain. What you're going through is not trivial. Wishing you healing.
Seconded. Your experience and how it makes you feel, matters. You matter. Take joy in small things. Who ever said that what other people have is what you need? It’s all a matter of perspective - put YOU at the centre of your story. Sending healing hugs on a stormy wind.

My dad always used to say ‘success is the best revenge’.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Every day this week. My partner of 4 years decided she no longer loves me and has ended our relationship. We were engaged and live together. Now we are trying to live in the same house as neither of us can afford to move out and share custody of our dog. Probably going to cry later too as my car is in for its MOT and will likely fail because that's how my week is going. To top it all off, I got my period too.

• Heart
  • Sad

Come over to the dating after lockdown thread. It isn’t just us going on dates and the woman on there are amazingly supportive for things just like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.