When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday, leaving my 4 year old son crying at school because a teacher told him off for playing in the sand tray whilst we were waiting to go in. Its my fault because I didn't know they weren't allowed to touch the equipment I just assumed they could and I let him. He is very shy and was devastated at being told off. He was begging me to take him home. I cried all the way home.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
last tonight and still this morning - i dont know why. My heart just feels heavy and everything looks bleak

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yesterday because I’m exhausted from having had very little sleep since the weekend due to contracting Shingles. Not only do I have a bad, blistery rash but terrible nerve pain all over the upper right side of my body/head/neck. It’s really getting me down.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
About a month ago...wasn't really crying but I shed a tear when I heard Nikki Grahame had died.

Last week, work was becoming too much:cry:that and the realisation nothing in life has been the same pre-covid, I miss my friends and family Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Last night. Not really sure what came over me (prob my period) but I got sad that I never had a typical family life like everyone else did.

My mum used to suffer from depression and she'd cry in the evenings and say she was lonely, and when I gave her a hug and said "you have me" she went "I meant adult company". She also used to treat me differently from my brother. One time she pushed me over and I cut up all my school uniform and I still wore that jumper for years afterwards even though it had holes in the elbows and blood stains. My brother needed new football trainers and she'd immediately spedn the 100GBP or whatever it was on them.

When I was younger my dad would go drinking every day and on the days he'd look after me he'd get verbally aggressive. I'd walk past him and he'd just go "do you want a smack?" Or he'd poke my stomach and go "are you getting a bit podgy?"

I was just thinking yesterday how it's probably not the typical home life. I'm not sure why. Usually I don't really think about it but yesterday it made me sad 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Last night. Not really sure what came over me (prob my period) but I got sad that I never had a typical family life like everyone else did.

My mum used to suffer from depression and she'd cry in the evenings and say she was lonely, and when I gave her a hug and said "you have me" she went "I meant adult company". She also used to treat me differently from my brother. One time she pushed me over and I cut up all my school uniform and I still wore that jumper for years afterwards even though it had holes in the elbows and blood stains. My brother needed new football trainers and she'd immediately spedn the 100GBP or whatever it was on them.

When I was younger my dad would go drinking every day and on the days he'd look after me he'd get verbally aggressive. I'd walk past him and he'd just go "do you want a smack?" Or he'd poke my stomach and go "are you getting a bit podgy?"

I was just thinking yesterday how it's probably not the typical home life. I'm not sure why. Usually I don't really think about it but yesterday it made me sad 🤷‍♀️
There is grief involved when you realise you didn't have the family you deserved as a child. Hope you're okay ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There is grief involved when you realise you didn't have the family you deserved as a child. Hope you're okay ❤

Thank you ❤❤. I usually am and I usually don't think about it, I had other supportive family members growing up so I think I am more fortunate than some who have had similar upbringings in that respect. But you're right and that's something my other relatives used to say.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Today, sitting on my classroom floor, after a full day of being verbally abused by a child (whose parents are 100% to blame for the fact that this child has zero respect for any adults and speaks to them like dirt) followed by being shouted at by that child’s father (I am a woman - he does not do this to male staff). I spent all of last week with 5 extra children in my class and I’ve been a member of support staff down this week. I had a mandatory meeting and then 120 books to mark before tomorrow. All the while, I’m on a temporary contract so worrying about whether I’ll have any income come September.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Today, sitting on my classroom floor, after a full day of being verbally abused by a child (whose parents are 100% to blame for the fact that this child has zero respect for any adults and speaks to them like dirt) followed by being shouted at by that child’s father (I am a woman - he does not do this to male staff). I spent all of last week with 5 extra children in my class and I’ve been a member of support staff down this week. I had a mandatory meeting and then 120 books to mark before tomorrow. All the while, I’m on a temporary contract so worrying about whether I’ll have any income come September.
Are you a teacher? I am so sorry that people speak to you like that, because your profession is so needed, and we should appreciate all you do.

I hope you manage to get another contract (and permanent, if that's what you're looking for). I always thought teachers were in such high demand!

Reactions: 4
Are you a teacher? I am so sorry that people speak to you like that, because your profession is so needed, and we should appreciate all you do.

I hope you manage to get another contract (and permanent, if that's what you're looking for). I always thought teachers were in such high demand!
I am. Thank you - it’s really felt that we’re not valued at all recently. I appreciate you saying that so much.
There is huge demand in some subjects in some areas, but in my area people don’t tend to leave schools with decent/fair leaders so vacancies tend to be temp posts or in schools with awful reputations for how staff get treated. Add to that the fact that there are more trainees than ever and it’s incredibly competitive. Lots of schools just want a newly qualified teacher (the cheapest) for a year and then will replace them the year after with another.

I am. Thank you - it’s really felt that we’re not valued at all recently. I appreciate you saying that so much.
There is huge demand in some subjects in some areas, but in my area people don’t tend to leave schools with decent/fair leaders so vacancies tend to be temp posts or in schools with awful reputations for how staff get treated. Add to that the fact that there are more trainees than ever and it’s incredibly competitive. Lots of schools just want a newly qualified teacher (the cheapest) for a year and then will replace them the year after with another.
I didn't realise that. My friend is a teaching assistant and her school is making redundancies because their funding has been cut by the government. Is it the same for teachers and that's why schools are picking the newly qualified ones because they earn less and it reduces expenditure?

You really are valued. I remember when I was back at school there were some teachers I knew were feeling exhausted and under appreciated. I wish I'd have said something to them at the time, because I still think about them now. I'm sure for every person who's abusive you have ten others who are silently supporting you (not that it justifies the abusive student's behaviour).

I can't remember it's been so long. I do a lot of crying on the inside. Hardly any on the outside.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.