When the queen dies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's the whole thing about all the new money having to be minted and anything with the queen on it won't be legal. Don't believe that one at all. We can still hand over old coins to the bank now after months of it being phased out so I'm guessing that's how it would work with all the new king Charles notes/coins!
I grew up in the sixties and remember coinage from George VI and before. It just got phased out and then we had decimalisation which brought in a whole new set of coins.

Reactions: 1
GIRL

There isn’t any food rationing here, don’t worry yourself. The queen isn’t the only person still eating.

I mean let’s not talk about Clinton and his affair or the fact your country CHOSE to have Donald bleeping Trump as president.
Can we also add that we Brits had one mass shooting and got rid of guns and yet the Americans have had hundreds and it's still going on 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Can't believe there are so many royalists on here. Wtf. Moaning about the entitlement and greed of YouTubers etc. but oh yeah the Queen, who lives in a bleeping palace, is great... LOL.

Can't believe there are so many royalists on here. Wtf. Moaning about the entitlement and greed of YouTubers etc. but oh yeah the Queen, who lives in a bleeping palace, is great... LOL.
The queen isn’t trying to pretend she does primark hauls and sell us tit at every opportunity. Nor is she taking advantage of filming her children every day. Not sure how you can even try and class it as the same thing??

The royal family also bring millions in revenue into our country via tourists. Because yes, even Americans ( contrary to one person above belief) flock to see Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, The Crown Jewels etc etc etc

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The royal family also bring millions in revenue into our country via tourists. Because yes, even Americans ( contrary to one person above belief) flock to see Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle, The Crown Jewels etc etc etc
To be fair, Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and The Crown Jewels would still be there after we abolished the monarchy so I don't buy all that 'they bring in millions in revenue shtick.

Reactions: 1
To be fair, Buckingham Palace, Windsor Castle and The Crown Jewels would still be there after we abolished the monarchy so I don't buy all that 'they bring in millions in revenue shtick.
They wouldn’t be half as popular though. Plus look at the tourism royal weddings brings in etc

This thread has gone off topic though and I’m happy to accept that not everyone likes the royal family and has to have the same opinion.

My point was to the person comparing it to YouTubers we dislike. It’s nothing even like the same thing.

Reactions: 2
I haven't got a bad word to say about the Queen and I genuinely will be very upset when she passes . As for the American doing the trolling .... really ?? You're criticising US ? Look at the bleeping mess in your country . You ELECTED Donald Trump - lol the whole world thinks you're ridiculous. You make it illegal for woman to seek abortion but legal for any nutcase to buy a semi-automatic fire arm in Walmart 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Bump time but as anyone thought about it again since Phillip passed away? Think how mad it was for his funeral being on both BBC 1 and BBC 2 and the 24/7 coverage. All that will be small fry in comparison. The likes of Netflix will do a roaring trade as normal channels will not have any of their usual shows on for a good week and all entertainment will be cancelled so you better hope you don't have a sports match or music concert to go to. Hospitality will be told to shut out of respect for a week or so.

The Queen was at some horse event thing recently and there were photos of her in the media looking so happy.

Reactions: 5
I know this is going to seem really dramatic (it’s been one of those days!) but I’ll be really sad when the Queen dies, just because nothing will really be the same again will it. Just thought of a ‘King Charles’ blows my mind. I can’t see the monarchy being held to the same esteem as it is now.

Reactions: 7
This is such sad thread. I can’t begin to think about it.
The Queen thankful is looking amazing and absolutely stupendous at the moment and long may she cont to do so

I know this is going to seem really dramatic (it’s been one of those days!) but I’ll be really sad when the Queen dies, just because nothing will really be the same again will it. Just thought of a ‘King Charles’ blows my mind. I can’t see the monarchy being held to the same esteem as it is now.
Its absolutely not over dramatic to say NOTHING will ever be the same again.
It will shake the foundation’s of this country.
dreading it.

Reactions: 6
Bump time but as anyone thought about it again since Phillip passed away? Think how mad it was for his funeral being on both BBC 1 and BBC 2 and the 24/7 coverage. All that will be small fry in comparison. The likes of Netflix will do a roaring trade as normal channels will not have any of their usual shows on for a good week and all entertainment will be cancelled so you better hope you don't have a sports match or music concert to go to. Hospitality will be told to shut out of respect for a week or so.
BBC 1 & BBC 2 playing the exact same programmes in synch when PP died was absolutely ridiculous. One BBC channel streaming was sufficient.

Hospitality will need to be open if only to show EastEnders raise their glasses to the Queen at the Queen Vic 😜

As much as I like TQ to be around for a long time, I'd like Charles to have a chance at being king, maybe TQ could continue as Queen mother and allow him to have his day, without her "giving up" her life of service.