When the queen dies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine having to sing “god save our gracious king”

The national anthem should just be rewritten
You know we’re all going to spend at least 10 years singing “gracious Queen...tit I mean King...long live our noble Queen...duck King...God save our Queen, dammit King”

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’d be expecting a day off for the funeral and there’d be wall to wall coverage but I’d hope the country will carry on as usual otherwise .

Can’t say I think about it that often.
I’m a nurse and I doubt I would get a day off if I died, let alone the queen.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Your probably on some list now for even mentioning the Queen dying.

Just make sure to delete your browser history every time the doorbell goes, it's only a matter of time before it's the fuzz

• Haha
Reactions: 22
My hubby is military and they are practising parades for when Prince Philip dies ...
Yeah I work in broadcast news and we practice it too. Last we year we ran through a whole news program with a fake name "Mr x" for Phillip (i actually forget what the name was ) but it even went as far as having reporters outside the palace and stuff onscreen like "Charles x is expected to make a statement from Clarence house shortly." There are also sporadic rumours that he is dead. He just turned 98 didnt he ? It can't be long

Have never practiced for the queen though, people expect her to hang on for a while yet... and isnt it mad that almost no one alive has known another monarch. It's gonna be a weird thing whatever your views on the instuition.

Reactions: 9
Am I the only one that gets a little upset thinking about little Queenie dying? I’m sad, I already know lol.

Reactions: 25
and isnt it mad that almost no one alive has known another monarch. It's gonna be a weird thing whatever your views on the instuition.
Pretty sure she was coronated in 1952 which means anyone over 67 will have known King George 6...

Am I the only one that gets a little upset thinking about little Queenie dying? I’m sad, I already know lol.
I’ve always loved the royals. I like that Wills and Harry are trying to keep in touch with modern times but I also don’t see the need to wipe out every bit of tradition just because. I love watching the pomp and ceremony. In reality they’re pretty powerless over us. Plus they bring a lot of tourism in and cement charities so 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I know the code is 'london bridge is down' when she dies. I think that's for all the people who need to know.
Someone in the royal marines told me this so not sure if it's meant to be common knowledge 🙈
Yes that’s what we call it at work, we’ve been preparing for it already (I work in local government)

Reactions: 4
Pretty sure she was coronated in 1952 which means anyone over 67 will have known King George 6...
Her coronation was like 18 months after she became queen but fair enough point still. It was late at night when i wrote that and I was half thinking she'd been queen since birth (!) Or confusing it with her age somehow. It's still a good portion of people anyway, plus many who were alive during her father's reign would be too young to remember much about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just hope she lives forever so Charles can’t be King. Something about him unsettles me and I just can’t work it out..

Reactions: 9
I have a feeling Charles will abdicate in favour of William. Charles just strikes me as not really being all that interested in being king. Whereas William has been primed for being king.

I’d be surprised if Philip lasts the year tbh. The queen is looking healthier than I do in my thirties 😂

I think it’ll just be a bank holiday for the funeral and endless rolling news coverage for a week or so when the day arrives. I doubt shops will shut we live in a busy 24/7 world after all.

I have a feeling Charles will abdicate in favour of William. Charles just strikes me as not really being all that interested in being king. Whereas William has been primed for being king.
Not sure for me. I would like Charles to abdicate for William, at lest just to avoid the inevitable “should Camilla be Queen” debate (yes, she should).

But I think Charles does want to be King, he just may not go about it in the most appropriate manner, there is concern he has too many opinions he likes to share, and that isn’t the role of the monarch. And I would have reservations about abdication because of what happened with Edward VIII. Not sure the Queen would like it, not that it would matter, she’d be dead

Reactions: 3
I think I must be one of only a few people who actually likes Charles and Camilla. Shes his wife now so should be queen. Im not keen on the thought of anyone abdicating as ultimately they don't really have much power now anyway. I know all decisions from parliament must be signed off by the reigning monarch but no real power anymore

Reactions: 1
I think I must be one of only a few people who actually likes Charles and Camilla. Shes his wife now so should be queen. Im not keen on the thought of anyone abdicating as ultimately they don't really have much power now anyway. I know all decisions from parliament must be signed off by the reigning monarch but no real power anymore
Charles should’ve been allowed to have a relationship with Camilla in the first place. It’s obvious she is the only woman he truly ever loved. She has received a lot of stick and handled it with grace and decorum, by largely ignoring it and working hard as a royal to engage with people on engagements and show people her true self. She should be Queen absolutely.

Reactions: 11
I agree, I never really understood the drama over camilla and Charles. People get married again all the time after divorce don’t they!