What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done while drunk, and how did you get over it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bf and I were on a night out and I drank way too much. I assaulted a bouncer who wouldn’t let me in the club because I said I felt sick...but it got worse

I then started crying (I mean SOBBING) that I “wanted my mummy” in the middle of a busy street on a Saturday night and telling my boyfriend to order me an Uber to see my mum. People were staring at me and also harassing my boyfriend to order me an Uber immediately 😂

it haunts me to this day and I feel ashamed

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I have done plenty of embarrassing things whilst sober. I really don’t need to be drunk. 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Works Xmas party. A senior manager asked me, in front of my hubby, what my hubby had that he didn’t. To which I replied very loudly “a big cock”. I was mortified to discover this the next day although everyone else found it hilarious 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Works Xmas party. A senior manager asked me, in front of my hubby, what my hubby had that he didn’t. To which I replied very loudly “a big cock”. I was mortified to discover this the next day although everyone else found it hilarious 🤦🏻‍♀️
This is absolute gold 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5

To be fair, I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your senior manager but that is a very rude thing to ask someone anyway but in front of their husband?!

It is hilarious though and quite frankly imo the guy deserved it

Reactions: 11
To be fair, I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your senior manager but that is a very rude thing to ask someone anyway but in front of their husband?!

It is hilarious though and quite frankly imo the guy deserved it
Yes he totally deserved it (even if he was drunk). Hubby thought it was the perfect comeback 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
A senior colleague at a previous job asked me if I liked him as a person to which I replied definitely bleeping not....

Mortified when I found out, left soon afterwards 😂 and I had worked there for 4 years!

Also turned up to a job in a senior role was still drunk from the night before as I’d split with a boyfriend so went out and got legless on a school night....got sent home because I couldn’t string a sentence together

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People think I’m boring now as I don’t drink much. I think it’s because I did so much stupid tit in my 20’s I like an easy drama free life now 😂
Same! I tell people that I rarely drink because I’m WAY to much fun/trouble when I do and seriously they ain’t ready for that 🤪

Reactions: 1
About 25 years ago I went to a work Christmas do. I'd left the company the previous summer but was still in touch with people so got invited back. We started off on Campari and soda and I was pissed before even arriving. I did a table dance, interrupted a speech one of the Directors gave to call him a 'fat welsh bleep' and propositioned a junior IT guy in a cab on the way home asking him if he'd like me to suck his cock. I was MORTIFIED for years afterwards, I wrote a letter to the Director to apologise but he wasn't having it. I was yellow for the next month as my liver was so overloaded. Dire.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
About 25 years ago I went to a work Christmas do. I'd left the company the previous summer but was still in touch with people so got invited back. We started off on Campari and soda and I was pissed before even arriving. I did a table dance, interrupted a speech one of the Directors gave to call him a 'fat welsh bleep' and propositioned a junior IT guy in a cab on the way home asking him if he'd like me to suck his cock. I was MORTIFIED for years afterwards, I wrote a letter to the Director to apologise but he wasn't having it. I was yellow for the next month as my liver was so overloaded. Dire.
Fat Welsh bleep 😂😂😂 This made me lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
[QUOTE="Bitofthebubbly, post: 2523207, member: 59821"

Thinking about it I have a bad track record with weddings.

[/QUOTE]

Theres definitely something about weddings that brings out the drunkest behaviour. At my friends wedding me and my best friend got stupidly drunk, my parents picked us up and my friend falling head first onto the back seat and flashing her holder inner pants. We also spent the journey home going on and on about how hot the grooms brother was

Loads of awful stories, think I’m far enough away to laugh now, the hotel I worked at as a teenager had a staff house that we used to stay at after nights out. One night we got home from the club early and we’re having more drinks at the house, when I went off and didn’t come back, they found me upside down (back on the floor, legs resting on the seat) asleep on the toilet. Same job, after a staff trip away we were put up in a hotel in London, in which I was caught running down the corridor naked at 3am, duck knows what was going on 🤷🏼‍♀️
I was invited to a house party between Christmas and new year with my parents, got hammered and went out for a secret fag, they thought I’d gone for a piss and when they found me around the back of the house I was curled up in the snow asleep.
With my boyfriend, now husband, went to watch the rugby in London, drank far too much, apparently screamed in the front of a taxi because I was convinced the driver was going to crash into most cars that passed us. Went to a Wetherspoons for something to eat, drank more, got the tube back and puked in the bag which had boyfs new rugby top in 😭
2 of my best friends have got married and I haven’t made eithersnight do past 9pm, but according to my husband was particularly embarrassing before leaving!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I was sick all over a table at my brother in laws engagement party 🤢

I was at a works charity night. Having already handed in my notice and full of vodka I spent a lot of the night telling the area manager what I hated about the company. Fast forward a few months and the new job wasn't what I thought it was and I ended up back at the old company. I have no idea why they gave me that job back.

After a night out my friend stayed back at mine. In the morning I had a vague recollection of getting up at some point to go to the toilet. But apparently I hadn't made it to the actual toilet. I had pissed and taken a tit on her clothes she'd left in a pile on the floor 🙈 I was absolutely mortified. A few years later I learned that she was actually a massive bleep so I don't feel bad about it now.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I was sick all over a table at my brother in laws engagement party 🤢

I was at a works charity night. Having already handed in my notice and full of vodka I spent a lot of the night telling the area manager what I hated about the company. Fast forward a few months and the new job wasn't what I thought it was and I ended up back at the old company. I have no idea why they gave me that job back.

After a night out my friend stayed back at mine. In the morning I had a vague recollection of getting up at some point to go to the toilet. But apparently I hadn't made it to the actual toilet. I had pissed and taken a tit on her clothes she'd left in a pile on the floor 🙈 I was absolutely mortified. A few years later I learned that she was actually a massive bleep so I don't feel bad about it now.
Oh god that’s amazing, I can’t believe you pooped on your mates clothes 😂

• Haha
I went on a work night out and we went for a curry which I have no recollection of, I apparently fell asleep face down in my plate of curry, then I had to do detective work to find out how I got home by checking my tube history. we were only two tube stops away from my stop but I’d gone the wrong way all the way up the northern line. I have a very hazy memory of just getting on the first bus I saw that had a place name I recognised, even though it was in completely the wrong direction on the opposite end of the tube line. Eventually (after about 1.5 hours of travelling in the wrong direction) I must have realised and made my way back, as my oyster history told me. Idiot!!

another time I was wasted at a bus stop and couldn’t work out where I was or how to get home and my boyfriend on the phone at 3am was asking me to name places I could see as I wasn’t cooperating in any way other than naming shops. He managed to work it out with google maps and came to rescue me on the bus 😂 I was about half an hour away!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Went out one night for a friend of a friends missus 21st birthday dont know why I went the girl didnt like 🙄 bit thought it would be fun to get that drunk that when I was on the dancefloor I dropped my drink and it went all over the birthday girls party dress and I mean everywhere the bottle hit the floor bottom up and shot my drink all over her hair face dress bag shoes her boyfriend thought it was hysterical

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Oh yeh, after a 6th form pub crawl I got the bus back home and couldn’t work out why my phone wasn’t working, asked loads of people on the bus to help, some recollection of people shaking their head at me, at the back of the bus there was a lad a vaguely knew who I gave my phone and asked me help, he took a look and told me he was pretty sure it had been down the toilet, I think I started crying, he thought it was hilarious and told everyone

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Went out with some other Mums- first time drinking after having my son so hadn't drunk in forever. Got steaming but managed the 1000 yrd walk home from the local pub just fine and staggered into bed. All fine eh?! Nope.

I'd inadvertently pressed the power button on my mobile 3 times in quick succession when I was trying to turn my phone off when I got into bed (I never even knew that was a thing...I was just stabbing drunkenly at the button to make it turn off!) and it activated the SOS protocol on my phone. It then sent SOS messages to the emergency contacts in my phone (older step-kids,parents,husband).

My parents had their phones turned off, my step-kids thought I was joking so ignored it, and hubby had his phone on silent. (note to self- must find more reliable emergency contacts)

First we knew was when the local police turned up on our doorstep the next morning to make a welfare check. I tit you not. I was SO hungover and then I had the shame of my husband answering the doorbell and inviting me downstairs to confirm to the police that I was indeed alive and well.

Neighbours were all curtain twitching (cul-de-sac)and my young kids rubbed it in by asking a million questions -" Why were the police here Mummy?" "Are they looking for criminals?"Did you do something naughty Mummy?" (**Mummy can barely stand up straight cherub, and she urgently needs some Lucozade and a KFC so kindly give it a FUCKIN REST with the inquisitive questions eh?**)

I did manage a joke with the policewoman that if I'd been in genuine trouble they were about 10 hours too bleeping late. Their deadpan faces told me that I may still be drunk, and my ungratefullness was wholly inappropriate.

I was 38 years old and a mother of 3 at the time. 🙈

I have attached a screenshot of the button on your phone settings to turn off if you wish to avoid my situation. Honestly, I am happy to run the risk of dying alone without the aid of a final SOS rather than that happening again.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Went out with some other Mums- first time drinking after having my son so hadn't drunk in forever. Got steaming but managed the 1000 yrd walk home from the local pub just fine and staggered into bed. All fine eh?! Nope.

I'd inadvertently pressed the power button on my mobile 3 times in quick succession when I was trying to turn my phone off when I got into bed (I never even knew that was a thing...I was just stabbing drunkenly at the button to make it turn off!) and it activated the SOS protocol on my phone. It then sent SOS messages to the emergency contacts in my phone (older step-kids,parents,husband).

My parents had their phones turned off, my step-kids thought I was joking so ignored it, and hubby had his phone on silent. (note to self- must find more reliable emergency contacts)

First we knew was when the local police turned up on our doorstep the next morning to make a welfare check. I tit you not. I was SO hungover and then I had the shame of my husband answering the doorbell and inviting me downstairs to confirm to the police that I was indeed alive and well.

Neighbours were all curtain twitching (cul-de-sac)and my young kids rubbed it in by asking a million questions -" Why were the police here Mummy?" "Are they looking for criminals?"Did you do something naughty Mummy?" (**Mummy can barely stand up straight cherub, and she urgently needs some Lucozade and a KFC so kindly give it a FUCKIN REST with the inquisitive questions eh?**)

I did manage a joke with them that if I'd been in genuine trouble they were about 10 hours too bleeping late. Their deadpan faces told me that I may still be drunk, and my ungratefullness was wholly inappropriate.

I was 38 years old and a mother of 3 at the time. 🙈

I have attached a screenshot of the button on your phone settings to turn off if you wish to avoid my situation. Honestly, I am happy to run the risk of dying alone without the aid of a final SOS rather than that happening again.
YOU ARE A HERO!
AMAZING 🤩

• Heart
Reactions: 3