What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve done while drunk, and how did you get over it?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh god I wouldn’t even no where to start the worst one was when I went out for my brothers 18th in whetherspoons.
I was so drunk I danced my bleeping tampon out on the dance floor and kicked it under a table. Then I sat outside and started crying randomly. They took me home to my parents house and I stripped all my clothes off in front of my dad and my brothers friends 😶. And I walked straight in to the garden having just walked past the toilet! and vomitied up spaghetti and meatballs. I’d eaten just hours earlier 😭😭
Oh my....I had to read this a few times to absorb it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I've got a couple.. well a lot. I'll go with 2.

Once upon a time I blurted out during sex a fwb that I loved them because I was so pissed and I didnt even like him as a person. I actually very much disliked him. Never saw him again and blocked him on every platform the next morning when I got home.

First time I was every properly drunk at 18 I went out for a meal with my then boyfriend and ordered beetroot risotto(? why) and then had to get the train back (only 20-30 mins). Proceeded to vomit purple on the train all over the seat and it smelt unholy. Several people actually moved carriages. The conductor saw and looked at me with pity and left it alone. I didnt get the train there for a while.

• Haha
  • Sick
I yelled at my neighbors dog to shut the f*** up or I would come down there and strangle him 😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Another one I went day drinking with my bf now husband and had to go back to Hounslow from Clapham Jct. long journey I got on the train at rush hour it was packed. I knew I was going to be sick so I just stood up pushed the button to get off, before the doors couldn’t open I’m projectile vomiting rose wine sick everywhere. Some lovely man took me off the train cleaned me up gave me tissues and put me back on the train. 😂

*could

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Oh god this is awful, but it might be cathartic to confess it I guess?
Years ago I was really drunk at a party at my brother’s house and ended up smoking in the garden with my sister-in-law’s older brother (he’s about 10 years older than me). Anyway we’d always had a bit of a flirtation and I did have a little crush on him, but we ended up discussing whether we could have a one night stand and it not get weird. I said I’d probably develop feelings so it wasn’t a good idea, but later on in the night after more shots declared that he “wouldn’t be able to handle me in bed” because I was apparently “wild” while he looked absolutely shocked. Then repeated a rumour I’d heard about him that I apparently wasn’t supposed to know so he spent a good portion of the party upstairs being upset and having to be consoled by my sister-in-law 🤦🏻‍♀️ The next day my brother rang me to try and find out who I had heard the rumour from but I didn’t want to drop the person in it as they were also related to my sis-in-law, but I was too hungover to think on my feet and it was all just a massive cringey mess. It’s been nearly 10 years, I’m married with 2 kids now and I dunno if he remembers any of it but I cringe into a little ball if that night pops into my head. I just have avoided him as much as possible ever since and at family things plaster a rictus grin on my face and do a customary false “hiiiii how are youuuu” and air kisses before hastily fleeing the area. Pretty sure my brother and his wife know about the crush I had as well which makes it even worse!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Sorry to bring this back but I did something embarrassing recently and need to share. A few weeks ago I got quite drunk and decided to send some very strange (nothing sexual or anything like that but still very strange) emails to one of my lecturers from the year before. I have no idea what I was thinking!!!! Apparently I wasn’t!!!!!!! But he obviously assumed I was insane and asked student well-being to contact me. I’m so embarrassed but also eternally thankful to my drunk self for not sending him a picture of my tits. Absolutely terrified of bumping into him on campus

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Sorry to bring this back but I did something embarrassing recently and need to share. A few weeks ago I got quite drunk and decided to send some very strange (nothing sexual or anything like that but still very strange) emails to one of my lecturers from the year before. I have no idea what I was thinking!!!! Apparently I wasn’t!!!!!!! But he obviously assumed I was insane and asked student well-being to contact me. I’m so embarrassed but also eternally thankful to my drunk self for not sending him a picture of my tits. Absolutely terrified of bumping into him on campus
Sorry-I didn’t mean to laugh
he will have seen it all before and from his point of view he did the right thing by getting onto the student well being
just laugh it off-we’ve all done daft things (and it could have been far worse!)

Reactions: 6
Sorry-I didn’t mean to laugh
he will have seen it all before and from his point of view he did the right thing by getting onto the student well being
just laugh it off-we’ve all done daft things (and it could have been far worse!)
I also found this hilarious. Being a recent graduate, I hope I do not find inspiration from this post 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I met up with my cousin to look at our recent holiday photos and we drank lots of wine. I then decided to buy us a couple of Irish Car Bombs and we drank them sat at the bar. The next thing I remember is running for a bus, my cousin falling over and our photos going everywhere. We managed to get on the bus, but next thing we were in a taxi and I dropped my cousin off at her dad's pub. I woke up in a bed in my aunties house, naked, with a path of my clothes leading from the bedroom to the toilet. I'd lost my mobile phone.

My cousin, on exiting the taxi, walked into her dad's pub, burst into tears and said she had lost me. Cue panic from everyone trying to call me but not getting through. My mum went to my dads house where I lived at the time but my bed wasn't slept in, so she was in bits.

Eventually, my auntie came home (my cousin must have let me in) and announced I was safe! My cousin filled me in and told me we had been chucked out of the pub because I was crawling around the floor 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️ I was 21!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Love this thread! It’s reassuring😂

At my partners cousins wedding a few years back, I didn’t like the food at the wedding so had hardly eaten all day which resulted in me getting ridiculously drunk at the party and only remembering bits. At one point, I fell asleep sitting on a toilet and a few people were looking everywhere for me, when they found me they essentially carried me to bed whilst I was being loud and obnoxious (total opposite of how I am sober) when I got into bed I vomited everywhere and my partner and couple of his family members had to help clean me up because I was gone, there’s probably more but I refuse to hear about the bits I don’t remember because what I do is bad enough. This was probably one of the first times I’d been around literally all my partners family at once, and it was a wedding so I was mortified that I’d ruined the party or something, they all found it hilarious and it’s never been forgotten.

Thinking about it I have a bad track record with weddings. We also went to a friends wedding a year or so before that where I got stupidly drunk and was trying to give my partner a lap dance??? Fully clothed but God I cringe so much when I think of that and what others must have been thinking. My partner said it was weird, we’d not been together stupidly long by that point. I was also shouting obnoxiously about how amazing the brides dress was (who I barely knew).

I can’t even blame being young because last year I went to my granddads birthday shindig and near the end of the night when most people had left the venue I was sat talking to my aunt, stopped to vomit in an empty glass and then carried on the conversation. Feel sorry for the person who had to clean that up.

I have loads when I think about it especially from my teens. Needless to say I very rarely drink nowadays as it’s not worth the anxiety😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh where to start 😂😬

I once got drunk at a wedding where it was the first time I’d be meeting my ex-boyfriends friends. I was nervous drinking and ended up becoming really drunk and tearing up the dance floor 😂 I was known as <exes name> wild girlfriend for a while. I had to meet his parents the day after as well and was really hungover.

I got drunk after 2nd year exams at university with my course mates... that ended up in getting a piercing. One of my course mates said ‘I feel like getting a piercing’ and I said ‘so do I let’s do it’. I’ve still got the piercing today but had to pretend to the piercer I was as sober as a judge 😂

Another university story; I was vegetarian for nearly 10 years and went on a night out. Got drunk in Tiger Tiger (classy) and exclaimed to my friend that I needed a McChicken Sandwich and sat on the pavement devouring it, drunk as hell. I wasn’t a vegetarian after that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh where to start 😂😬

I once got drunk at a wedding where it was the first time I’d be meeting my ex-boyfriends friends. I was nervous drinking and ended up becoming really drunk and tearing up the dance floor 😂 I was known as <exes name> wild girlfriend for a while. I had to meet his parents the day after as well and was really hungover.

I got drunk after 2nd year exams at university with my course mates... that ended up in getting a piercing. One of my course mates said ‘I feel like getting a piercing’ and I said ‘so do I let’s do it’. I’ve still got the piercing today but had to pretend to the piercer I was as sober as a judge 😂

Another university story; I was vegetarian for nearly 10 years and went on a night out. Got drunk in Tiger Tiger (classy) and exclaimed to my friend that I needed a McChicken Sandwich and sat on the pavement devouring it, drunk as hell. I wasn’t a vegetarian after that lol.
You sound fun! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Oh where to start 😂😬

Just remembered another alcohol related story. Said wedding was in August and I got invited to the couples house for a NYE party. Months prior to the wedding the stag party (ex included) went to a strip club (how original) but I didn’t think anything of it. So at the NYE party, had a lot to drink and ended up blurting out that the stags went to a strip club. None of the girlfriends/wives of the stags knew and they all fell out 😖😂 Oops.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
On a Work night out I somehow got so drunk I danced on tables, did tipple tales down the street and near broke my back, karaoke, fell down many sets of stairs, ran away from everyone and locked myself in the toilet when they said I should go home and contacted my fiance to collect me and laid in a homeless man’s dog basket with his dog as he busked and sang along to the dog. I was ill for about a week after this
Sounds like a Rebel Wilson film lol.

Most of mine are to do with my phone. I decide to message half my phone book - last summer I sent a slightly naughty photo to someone I shouldn't have. Thankfully, my face wasn't in said photo, still had my knickers on and an arm over my tits. So nothing was on show "too much". I died for about a week and then a friend messaged and said she'd accidentally sent one to a work colleague instead of her duck buddy around the same time :oops: Mortified none the less and I try to ignore my phone on nights out now.

My early 20s was probably just going home with the wrong people and drunk texting.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
im lying in bed absolutely pissing myself at this... proper can’t talk laughing. My 12 yr old piped up what are you laughing at but it’s taken me 5 mins to read it out to him. Funniest thing I’ve seen in ages 🤣🤣
I’ve just done the same here to my husband. My voice went all squeaky as I was laughing so much 😂😂😂😂

I’m an identical twin who is teetotal but apparently the worst thing I did whilst drunk was ask a bus driver to drop me at my parents house whilst telling him I was a butterfly and flirting with the passengers...apparently I had a great night out! He obvs wasn’t buying that it was my twin sister who was the partying type! 😬🤣

• Haha
Not my most embarrassing, but I once got off the tube after a night out, made my way to the exit, then sat down on the floor crying by the ticket machines. A man came over and asked me if I was OK and I told him I couldn't remember how to get home. Anyone who is familiar with the Northern line will feel my pain. Trying navigate that fucker drunk is impossible. I got a cab in the end!

Gosh, I have so many but may just leave it here.

• Haha
I once got into a taxi and was so drunk I forgot where I lived, I got a taxi to my work which thankfully was closed and just sat on the grass verge rolling around in a circle and told the taxi man I would just live here from now on. He eventually got me home... I don’t remember any of this, the taxi rang my doorbell and spoke to my boyfriend as he was really worried about me
And that, is why, Rose wine is the bleeping devil

Thankfully I’m more sensible now 🤣 that poor taxi man

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Shagged Katie Price.

I got over it by realising that every other man in the country's done the same thing and it was just my unlucky night.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Not me but my husbands brother in law got that steaming on holiday he tried to kiss my hubby’s nan. We literally had to take him home, she was mortified but if still cracks me up

• Haha