What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s so scary I walk my dog twice a day & run in the dark in winter & sometimes just try not to think about all the weirdos out & there are lots, I’ve been lucky so far
It didn’t happen at night time, it was about 4pm during the month of may so it was very bright still. Sexual deviants don’t care about the time of day, Unfortunately. I am aware of my surroundings and who is walking near me wherever I go now. I don’t know what else he had planned but if people didn’t pass it could have been alot worse, women need to always be aware of who is around them when out alone

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My friend was walking in Epping Forest with her dog one afternoon when she became aware a man was watching her. She continued on her walk and the guy started to follow her and eventually asked: "Do you want some fun?" Being a well brought up English woman she replied: "No thank you" and walked away swiftly.

It turns out that in Epping Forest there are areas informally designated for particular activities at certain times e.g. there is an area for gays to meet after dark etc. (I happen to know that one because I was on jury service and it was part of the case). My friend happened to be walking in the area for singles to have sex in the afternoon.

Really creepy for my friend.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
When I was 19 years old I worked in a student bar. I finished work at about 4am and called a taxi to drop me home.

I got into the car and the driver asked me where he was dropping me off. I gave him my address and he said something along the lines of 'That's what you think.' He spoke in broken English but it didn't sound like he was joking. He then went on to tell me we were going to go for a drive.

Weirdly, I don't remember being frightened. I had a few drinks in me and I was feeling feisty so I basically told him to stop messing and drop me home. Maybe I didn't recognise the vulnerable position I was in. Anyway he dropped me home (after a slight detour) and everything was fine.

When I replay it in my head I can't believe I didn't go into blind panic! This was about 10 years ago so maybe I'm more aware of the danger now. To this day I'm not sure if he had bad intentions or if it was meant to be a joke. Still very wary of getting into a taxi on my own at night!

• Wow
Reactions: 28
When I was 19 years old I worked in a student bar. I finished work at about 4am and called a taxi to drop me home.

I got into the car and the driver asked me where he was dropping me off. I gave him my address and he said something along the lines of 'That's what you think.' He spoke in broken English but it didn't sound like he was joking. He then went on to tell me we were going to go for a drive.

Weirdly, I don't remember being frightened. I had a few drinks in me and I was feeling feisty so I basically told him to stop messing and drop me home. Maybe I didn't recognise the vulnerable position I was in. Anyway he dropped me home (after a slight detour) and everything was fine.

When I replay it in my head I can't believe I didn't go into blind panic! This was about 10 years ago so maybe I'm more aware of the danger now. To this day I'm not sure if he had bad intentions or if it was meant to be a joke. Still very wary of getting into a taxi on my own at night!
I had a similar thing - a friend of mine and I accidentally got into a random guy’s car thinking it was a taxi. He Was with a friend and they were around our age so we jokingly asked them for a lift (drunken sass!) and they started driving. They ended up driving us out into the middle of nowhere (we think it was some drug pick up but who knows if it could have turned worse) and we ended up persuading them to take us back into the town. They were just laughing as we got more and more freaked out.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I had a similar thing - a friend of mine and I accidentally got into a random guy’s car thinking it was a taxi. He Was with a friend and they were around our age so we jokingly asked them for a lift (drunken sass!) and they started driving. They ended up driving us out into the middle of nowhere (we think it was some drug pick up but who knows if it could have turned worse) and we ended up persuading them to take us back into the town. They were just laughing as we got more and more freaked out.
regardless of their intentions there is something so creepy about them laughing at your fear. It does terrify me the situations I got myself into when I was younger and had had too much to drink

Reactions: 25
I was sexually assaulted in a taxi when I was 16. 10 years ago now. And I still won’t get in a taxi on my own, only with my partner. It’s frightening that people can abuse their position as simply just a taxi driver to do cruel things like that

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I was sexually assaulted in a taxi when I was 16. 10 years ago now. And I still won’t get in a taxi on my own, only with my partner. It’s frightening that people can abuse their position as simply just a taxi driver to do cruel things like that
I never get a taxi to pick me up from my house or drop me off at my house. I always get them to do it nearby or further down the road.

I started doing this after someone I know started getting a taxi driver she'd had started turning up at her house asking her out and dropping notes through the door constantly.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
I never get a taxi to pick me up from my house or drop me off at my house. I always get them to do it nearby or further down the road.

I started doing this after someone I know started getting a taxi driver she'd had started turning up at her house asking her out and dropping notes through the door constantly.
similar happened to my friend but with a dominoes delivery guy, she got a pizza one night then constantly for a couple weeks she started getting notes through her door and she spotted him down her street one time too. Some weird people about

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
What makes men feel entitled to do these things? It makes me so angry. They don’t even think about the effect that it has on the woman on the receiving end.

• Heart
similar happened to my friend but with a dominoes delivery guy, she got a pizza one night then constantly for a couple weeks she started getting notes through her door and she spotted him down her street one time too. Some weird people about
your poor friend, that’s so scary :(

there are so many awful stories on twitter about women’s experiences with delivery drivers etc. i read about an asda delivery man who left a note saying “i’ll come back, leave the light on so i know you’re home xx” which is horrifying. what is wrong with men that they get that level of self-entitlement. it’s awful we have to think like this but i’m always glad that my local dominos has almost exclusively female drivers.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
What makes men feel entitled to do these things? It makes me so angry. They don’t even think about the effect that it has on the woman on the receiving end.
It is very sad that this thread, 32 pages in, is mainly experiences of lone women going about their business being made to feel uncomfortable by men.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Earlier this week I ordered takeaway from somewhere I've not used before. When the driver knocked on my door, he was atleast twice my age he said Hello then my name which made me uncomfortable, He was looking me up and down and taking ages to hand me my delivery over. He smelt strongly of alcohol then tried to keep me talking at the door. I swiftly took my food and locked the door. I was alone with my toddler and didn't report incase anything came back on me as its an independent business. I won't be ordering from there again.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It is very sad that this thread, 32 pages in, is mainly experiences of lone women going about their business being made to feel uncomfortable by men.
So true. I've been reading this thread today and it made my blood boil, it's infuriating and sad that us women have to constantly be alert and afraid just for the most basic things. duck this and duck men's entitlement and violence.

don't @ me with 'not all men' I'm not in the mood for taking care of any bruised ego

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So true. I've been reading this thread today and it made my blood boil, it's infuriating and sad that us women have to constantly be alert and afraid just for the most basic things. duck this and duck men's entitlement and violence.

don't @ me with 'not all men' I'm not in the mood for taking care of any bruised ego
exactly, you take a taxi home or get food delivered to avoid being out alone at night and you are still not at all safe.
Obviously a totally different example but reading reports of russian soldiers raping children and women, I am just losing hope with men. It seems that they will just do anything they can get away with

Reactions: 16
regardless of their intentions there is something so creepy about them laughing at your fear. It does terrify me the situations I got myself into when I was younger and had had too much to drink
Same! I thought I was invincible.

Also, slight change of subject but when I think about some of the fully grown men I used to speak to online when I was 13/14 🤢🤢 I didn't see how problematic it was at the time.

Same! I thought I was invincible.

Also, slight change of subject but when I think about some of the fully grown men I used to speak to online when I was 13/14 🤢🤢 I didn't see how problematic it was at the time.
omg I know! when MSN and chatrooms were a big thing!
Not me but my sister, she was about 12/13 but easily could have seemed around 8/9, my family got some IT guy to fix a home computer. A few days later someone random starts talking to her on MSN, it is this IT guy, who entered her open account on the computer and added himself. I cannot remember what my family did but iirc they made a report against him

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I had a similar thing happen 20 years ago. Thought I was getting a taxi. Came too in a car 10 miles away 4 hours later with 3 men in it. I wasn't like that to get in a car pub con firmed only 1 bloke they thought was a taxi driver took me in the car. I'll never know what happened as I think I was drugged. I'm glad I don't have daughters and I hope times have changed.

To lighten this thread up a bit my neighbour has 2 cats that she takes out for a walk in a pram everyday. If they are lucky they go in the cat rucksack x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a similar thing happen 20 years ago. Thought I was getting a taxi. Came too in a car 10 miles away 4 hours later with 3 men in it. I wasn't like that to get in a car pub con firmed only 1 bloke they thought was a taxi driver took me in the car. I'll never know what happened as I think I was drugged. I'm glad I don't have daughters and I hope times have changed.

To lighten this thread up a bit my neighbour has 2 cats that she takes out for a walk in a pram everyday. If they are lucky they go in the cat rucksack x

Gosh I’m so so sorry this happened to you 💔 Some men are truly disgusting creatures and I believe in karma. You might not see it come to them but it will 👊

Reactions: 9
I skimmed just this most recent page and confirmed that I can’t follow this thread. 😭 and 😤😡
We would provide healing for all abused women, if we could. Instead, we comfort and love each other the best we can. 💞💕

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Years ago I got a pizza delivered. A few days later I started getting whatsapp messages from someone I didn't know. The guy's picture was him and I can only imagine his wife or girlfriend. I thought perhaps he just had the wrong number so I told him I didn't know him and perhaps he had the wrong number.. Then he sent a dick pic. and said I do know him, he had delivered my pizza a few days previous! He had taken my number of the receipt! I was disgusted. Told him I'd contact his work and he started apologising and begging me not to as he didn't want his wife to find out. I ended up reporting him anyway because god knows how many peoples numbers he had taken. Some People are absolute creeps.

• Wow
Reactions: 29