What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bit of a weird one as I’m not sure if it actually happened or not. It’s one of those buried childhood memories that you’re never sure are real.

I was at a car boot/table top sale at a local school with my Nan. I would’ve maybe been 4 or 5 I think from hazy memory. A man came over to us and tried to take me, offering me sweets from a white paper bag. Obviously he wasn’t successful but it’s taught me to always have my eyes on my little boy no matter what.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
This is more bizarre than scary but it fits into the stories about the heinous and odd things men to do women and girls in this thread.

I was around 16, upstairs on a bus and I still remember the time and date, it was 9pm in November going into the city centre, as I was coming home from my Cousins house as it was her bday and I would’ve usually stayed over but I’m sure the reason I didn’t was because I was in school the next day.

On to the story, but the bus was quite empty as it was late in the day, so I found it a tad weird this fella got on and sat right behind me on the bus, but didn’t think twice about it UNTIL He began smelling my hair and remarking about how fresh it smelled! But because I’m a moron but also a bit afraid and weirded out I just stayed there sitting in pure bewilderment. Then the freak began to plait my hair 😂 and kept muttering how nice my hair smelled. I ended up getting off several stops early because I genuinely was thinking he’s gonna scalp me and wear my hair as a wig akin to Buffalo Bills skin suit.

So whoever you were strange man on the 13 bus from The Red cow to Westmoreland street, you ruined the pink herbal essences for me. I can’t even look at the bottle when shopping because it makes me wince.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I found myself in a situation today, and was not sure what do about it.
I was on a bus, and happened to notice a youngish man sitting next to a toddler in front of me. They caught my attention because he kept telling her to sit, I glanced around and didn't see a pushchair anywhere. It was raining quite heavilly outside.
The bus arrived at my stop, the young man was getting off at the same stop. I noticed the little girl looked like she was wearing pajamas, and no coat even though it was raining outside. They got off and I was watching them for a while, he had a back pack on. They just didn't look right together, why was he dressed for the weather, and she wasn't.
I feel awful because I didn't do or say anything, I let them walk off. It could have been entirely innocent, but in this day and age, you never know.
I think I heard the child refer to him as Daddy, but it still made me feel uneasy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I was on a bus, and happened to notice a youngish man sitting next to a toddler in front of me. They caught my attention because he kept telling her to sit, I glanced around and didn't see a pushchair anywhere. It was raining quite heavilly outside.
The bus arrived at my stop, the young man was getting off at the same stop. I noticed the little girl looked like she was wearing pajamas, and no coat even though it was raining outside. They got off and I was watching them for a while, he had a back pack on. They just didn't look right together, why was he dressed for the weather, and she wasn't.
I feel awful because I didn't do or say anything, I let them walk off. It could have been entirely innocent, but in this day and age, you never know.
I think I heard the child refer to him as Daddy, but it still made me feel uneasy.
Could you call your local police station? Even if it’s nothing it might put your mind at rest x

Reactions: 3
I see you’ve updated your post but you can call 101 non emergency line if you are unsure or concerned for a child’s well-being

Reactions: 4
This didn’t happen to me but to one of my friends.
She went out with her two housemates, they had one drink before leaving their house and 1 in a bar. The drink in the bar was spiked- as they have no memory of anything that happened after their drink, until they wake up the following afternoon lying on their kitchen floor, with foil blankets (the type ambulances have) wrapped around them.
To this day they have no idea what happened.
That happened to me a few years ago. I have no memory of about 12 hours of the night it happened.. luckily I got home OK but I have no memory.

The next day I couldn't walk all day.

• Sad
T/W Sexual Assault and Rape.

When i was 18, i worked in the local nightclub and on my nights off me and my mates used to go there all the time. At the same time period, our local radio station had a DJ who used to do requests, so me and my mates would often phone up and get him to play songs for us. He was also friends with people i was quite friendly with and used to see them on nights out. One day the DJ said he had an album for me that i was after and couldnt find it anywhere, so he gave me his address and i went to his. He offered me a drink and at first i wasnt having any of it, but he had already poured a glass for himself and he appeared to down it as if to say "look its fine". I sipped my drink, it was really strong and not nice but he kept encouraging me to drink it and locked the door and said he wouldnt let me go until i had finished my drink. I was really confused and when i finished he laughed and said he had tricked me and his drink was only lemonade. The next thing i remember is waking up in his bed covered in bruises and carpet burns. He told me we had sex and apparently i was 'begging for it' and 'horny as duck' and put it all on me like i was the one to instigate it. I got dressed so quickly and ran out of his house. I never told my parents about it, and only told my best friend. I was so confused by it all.

Anyway fast forward, he is currently in jail for drink driving and sleeping with an underage girl. He is no longer a 'local celebrity', everyone hates him. I feel so guilty because if i had gone to the police then i could have stopped him doing it to someone else, and its my big regret that i didnt come forward because i dont think i was the first, and i certainly wasnt the last girl he did this to.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
This is more bizarre than scary but it fits into the stories about the heinous and odd things men to do women and girls in this thread.

I was around 16, upstairs on a bus and I still remember the time and date, it was 9pm in November going into the city centre, as I was coming home from my Cousins house as it was her bday and I would’ve usually stayed over but I’m sure the reason I didn’t was because I was in school the next day.

On to the story, but the bus was quite empty as it was late in the day, so I found it a tad weird this fella got on and sat right behind me on the bus, but didn’t think twice about it UNTIL He began smelling my hair and remarking about how fresh it smelled! But because I’m a moron but also a bit afraid and weirded out I just stayed there sitting in pure bewilderment. Then the freak began to plait my hair 😂 and kept muttering how nice my hair smelled. I ended up getting off several stops early because I genuinely was thinking he’s gonna scalp me and wear my hair as a wig akin to Buffalo Bills skin suit.

So whoever you were strange man on the 13 bus from The Red cow to Westmoreland street, you ruined the pink herbal essences for me. I can’t even look at the bottle when shopping because it makes me wince.
Oh my god, that is bloody awful. I cannot stand anyone touching my hair and if I ever have to get a bus or anything, I will always throw my hair over my shoulder, so that it sits on my chest. I usually wear my hair in a plait these days anyway, so much easier to control it.

There are some freaks out in society.

Reactions: 6
Oh my god, that is bloody awful. I cannot stand anyone touching my hair and if I ever have to get a bus or anything, I will always throw my hair over my shoulder, so that it sits on my chest. I usually wear my hair in a plait these days anyway, so much easier to control it.

There are some freaks out in society.
To be honest when I think about it now it’s actually quite funny to me and I tell it to people often, because it was just so weird and funny. Most people look at me shocked that I am laughing at it. But I understand why most people would be horrified when hearing such a story because it is kind of sexual harassment of sorts. 😂

About 5 years ago I went walking with a group on some moors in the Yorkshire Dales. The walk was about 10-15 miles or something and it was the winter, Jan or Feb. Anyway, towards the end of the walk the group split into two and I went with some people who were going back a bit earlier. I was following behind them and they picked up speed and left me in the middle of bloody nowhere and it was coming in dark at 3.30.p.m. So I started running after them and it was compacted ice and I slipped and fell and twisted my ankle. I thought it was either broken or badly sprained. I was panicking because I could hardly walk and didn't know the way back off the moors plus it was freezing cold. I thought I was going to die.
I made a plan to walk in a straight line and that I'd eventually get off the moors. After about 1/2 an hour someone had the decency to come back for me and I went with her to the train station. There I got told off for dawdling and being slow etc. I didn't say anything because I didn't trust myself basically.
I had to go to hospital the next day and they said it was a bad sprain, my ankle was black and swollen like an elephants. It took a year to heal and for me to be able to walk a distance again. I'll never walk with a group again ever and I'll always take a map etc. I can map read with a compass/ or GPS etc and the laugh here is that if I was on my own this wouldn't have happened. I really thought to myself this is it on that moor.
They sound a ‘nice’ bunch of people to piss off on their own. That outing could have had an entirely different outcome for you had the woman not come back for you.

Reactions: 7
My mum had her hair cut on a bus before 😭. Literally came home with a piece of hair cut of the back.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
My mum had her hair cut on a bus before 😭. Literally came home with a piece of hair cut of the back.
That didn't happen in Bournemouth, did it? There was a murderer (forgot his name) who was from Italy and murdered a girl there and buried her body in a church. He later moved to Bournemouth and murdered his neighbour and her children came home from school to their mum dead. He cut women's hair on the bus and had a hair fetish. Creepy thing was, the mum that was murdered used to make curtains for locals and he knew that he could get her alone by saying he had some curtains he wanted sorted out.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
That didn't happen in Bournemouth, did it? There was a murderer (forgot his name) who was from Italy and murdered a girl there and buried her body in a church. He later moved to Bournemouth and murdered his neighbour and her children came home from school to their mum dead. He cut women's hair on the bus and had a hair fetish. Creepy thing was, the mum that was murdered used to make curtains for locals and he knew that he could get her alone by saying he had some curtains he wanted sorted out.
I watched the documentary on this! And no it was in south London. It was so strange because she only had shoulder length hair so it was so obvious it had been cut. I think if I remember rightly she felt something tug at her hair At the time but didn’t think anything of it.

I must admit, I’m hooked on reading these. I’m not weird (promise) I love anything crime, mystery. Take care guys!

Reactions: 5
Sat at a bus stop quite late after work in the city centre and a young lad in a motorised wheelchair starts chatting to me. I humour him, not wanting to be rude. A little while later he starts saying he cant feel his toes as his shoes are too tight but he cant reach down to untie them, so he asks me to help. Again, Im not rude but I feel uneasy. So I loosen the velcro straps. He then says his feet are cold and could I please help warm them up? Well this idiot here obliges. I feel like I had no choice in the situation, who would let a disabled person be uncomfortable?

So it turns out he actually has mutliple restraining orders and is a known sex offender. He hsd done this to at least a dozen women all across the Midlands. I felt like such an idiot when I found out. Never actually told anyone apart from my neighbour because he did it to her too!

Next time I will say no and duck Politeness!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Sat at a bus stop quite late after work in the city centre and a young lad in a motorised wheelchair starts chatting to me. I humour him, not wanting to be rude. A little while later he starts saying he cant feel his toes as his shoes are too tight but he cant reach down to untie them, so he asks me to help. Again, Im not rude but I feel uneasy. So I loosen the velcro straps. He then says his feet are cold and could I please help warm them up? Well this idiot here obliges. I feel like I had no choice in the situation, who would let a disabled person be uncomfortable?

So it turns out he actually has mutliple restraining orders and is a known sex offender. He hsd done this to at least a dozen women all across the Midlands. I felt like such an idiot when I found out. Never actually told anyone apart from my neighbour because he did it to her too!

Next time I will say no and duck Politeness!
Derby by any chance ? Happened to my friend

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I had a weird one yesterday, nothing compared to what some people have written about but it made me a little uneasy.
I took my toddler son to a big park for a day out. He was being a little fussy so I put him in the pushchair as I was leaning over him giving him a drink and snack, a man walked into me, which would have been ok if his hand hadn’t have been cupped to feel my arse. He just laughed and said ooh I didn’t see you there, his wife and children where right next to him too. I was that gobsmacked I didn’t even say anything but it’s bothered me more than I thought. It was broad daylight and surrounded by kids and adults and I’ve had worse before but I felt vulnerable for a second maybe because my child was there I don’t know? I’m usually the type to laugh things off but I really didn’t like it.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I have a similar story to the one further back of the lady who was followed outside her house.... when I was at uni I lived in a house share as most students do and the pub and town centre wasn't far from my house share so I used to obviously walk back from being out. As I was beginning to walk up my street I heard what sounded like someone at the crossroads section of the beginning of a street turn and go from walking straight across to turning to the direction behind me on the pavement and I heard footsteps behind me. I got really nervous and happened to glance behind me and saw some creepy guy who was really staring at me and walking at a casual but determined kind of pace. At this point the guy wasn't really seeming to do anything wrong but he was following up behind me and I felt really bad vibes, maybe cuz I was alone and it was late and I was pretty tipsy. As I got to my house share I luckily saw one of my house mates arrive at the front door at the same time as they'd been up the shop quite late and I saw the bloke that had been behind me proper stare me out as he walked past me and I felt even worse vibes off of him. I went in the house with my house mate who remarked that the guy seemed a bit creepy and when we entered the house told my housemate what had happened, he went and put his shopping away in the kitchen and then we both peered out one of the upstairs windows, saw the bloke was across the road now but still outside looking up at the house suspiciously. I was really freaked out by this point but we never called the police as really he wasn't committing a crime and I or my house mates never saw him again loitering outside but I dread to think what may have happened had my house mate not been there or I lived alone.

Also on mumsnet there's a creepy story about a woman who lived in a basement type level of her house share when she was younger and it turns out a bloke had been watching her or something, theres some proper creeps about

• Wow
Reactions: 8
About 5 years ago I went walking with a group on some moors in the Yorkshire Dales. The walk was about 10-15 miles or something and it was the winter, Jan or Feb. Anyway, towards the end of the walk the group split into two and I went with some people who were going back a bit earlier. I was following behind them and they picked up speed and left me in the middle of bloody nowhere and it was coming in dark at 3.30.p.m. So I started running after them and it was compacted ice and I slipped and fell and twisted my ankle. I thought it was either broken or badly sprained. I was panicking because I could hardly walk and didn't know the way back off the moors plus it was freezing cold. I thought I was going to die.
I made a plan to walk in a straight line and that I'd eventually get off the moors. After about 1/2 an hour someone had the decency to come back for me and I went with her to the train station. There I got told off for dawdling and being slow etc. I didn't say anything because I didn't trust myself basically.
I had to go to hospital the next day and they said it was a bad sprain, my ankle was black and swollen like an elephants. It took a year to heal and for me to be able to walk a distance again. I'll never walk with a group again ever and I'll always take a map etc. I can map read with a compass/ or GPS etc and the laugh here is that if I was on my own this wouldn't have happened. I really thought to myself this is it on that moor.
Oh, they probably think that deserting you and you then trying to hobble along with a bum ankle for half an hour was somehow hilarious.

If you punched their lights out I wouldn't have blamed you.

Reactions: 4