What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Two friends and I were robbed at gunpoint in Cape Town about 8 years ago. We were all there for a mutual friend's wedding. We were sharing a room. One evening there's a knock on the door and two masked men burst in. Security was pretty tight at the hotel and you needed a key card to access our floor, so clearly an inside job.
We were all absolutely convinced we were going to be killed. The police couldn't have given a tit when they eventually showed up. Their view was that we should have looked through the spy hole before opening the door and that we were 'lucky' not to have been raped because nearly all robberies against women include rape.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
That didn't happen in Bournemouth, did it? There was a murderer (forgot his name) who was from Italy and murdered a girl there and buried her body in a church. He later moved to Bournemouth and murdered his neighbour and her children came home from school to their mum dead. He cut women's hair on the bus and had a hair fetish. Creepy thing was, the mum that was murdered used to make curtains for locals and he knew that he could get her alone by saying he had some curtains he wanted sorted out.
That was awful, I remember this. And he butchered her body in the most grotesque way. How on earth those poor children will ever get over seeing her like that I don't know.

Reactions: 9
I'm more keen on the paranormal side of creepy, but I do love a bit of true crime.

For your poor victims of bus weirdos / general weirdos I cannot recommend the book "The gift of fear" highly enough.

If you can't be bothered to read it the salient points that have stuck with me are these:

1. Do not let anyone overstep or overule your boundary. You are handing them power in the situation eg. "Can I help you carry XX, would you like a lift, can you adjust my shoe?" If you say "no thanks, I'd rather not / I'm fine thanks etc" and they then persuade you to you have given up your boundary and have victim written all over you.

2. Do not be so bleeping polite! If someone is making you uncomfortable as much as it feels unnatural at first YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE POLITE ALL THE TIME!

3. Trust your gut, your brain is too slow to go through the mental flash cards of tiny details of what it's picking up that it doesn't like eg. Approaching a house your brain notices a broken light, lack of street lighting, a dodgy looking door handle, a boarded up window, silence, a funny smell, no lights in neighbouring house - I could go on. Anyway the brain can't process all this stuff quickly enough to put it all together and send you a flashing warning sign, so it bypasses the message straight to your primative reptile brain which controls your nervous system and it just gives you that sinking, twisting feeling in your gut. If you ever feel it with anyone or going anywhere get the duck out of dodge and ask questions later.

*Also I'm in no way affiliated with that book btw. I read it after I was kidnapped by a complete stranger that I was way too polite to say no to. The police who came and got after I was able to flag down a passerbyer who called them recommended it! I was completely unharmed but tit your pants terrified, I got stuck in a locking hotel window trying to escape and threw my shoe 6 floors down to a man walking past who although he doesn't know it, is a bleeping legend. Also do not walk past anyone in distress. Don't "not get involved", get help.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’ve also read The Gift of Fear and agree it’s brilliant. If your gut is telling you something isn’t right it’s usually right. I think women in particular are conditioned to not listen to our instincts enough. I can’t think of a few occasions when I’ve got bad vibes from seemingly ‘nice’ men. One turned out to be a pedophile and the other a bit of a creep/sex pest.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That didn't happen in Bournemouth, did it? There was a murderer (forgot his name) who was from Italy and murdered a girl there and buried her body in a church. He later moved to Bournemouth and murdered his neighbour and her children came home from school to their mum dead. He cut women's hair on the bus and had a hair fetish. Creepy thing was, the mum that was murdered used to make curtains for locals and he knew that he could get her alone by saying he had some curtains he wanted sorted out.
This is mentioned early on in this thread, by someone whose hair was cut by the man in question.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Full info - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danilo_Restivo

Two friends and I were robbed at gunpoint in Cape Town about 8 years ago. We were all there for a mutual friend's wedding. We were sharing a room. One evening there's a knock on the door and two masked men burst in. Security was pretty tight at the hotel and you needed a key card to access our floor, so clearly an inside job.
We were all absolutely convinced we were going to be killed. The police couldn't have given a tit when they eventually showed up. Their view was that we should have looked through the spy hole before opening the door and that we were 'lucky' not to have been raped because nearly all robberies against women include rape.
One of my friends, her sisters boss went to Cape town and was shot dead so you were lucky its true.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My friend's husband is from Cape Town, but was living and working in the UK when she met him.
She's only been over once and absolutely hated it. She said she was terrified and on edge the whole time. She doesn't ever want to go back again.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
My friend's husband is from Cape Town, but was living and working in the UK when she met him.
She's only been over once and absolutely hated it. She said she was terrified and on edge the whole time. She doesn't ever want to go back again.
It's absolutely not safe for tourists. When he arrived the bride insisted that a family member picked us up from the airport, said a taxi from airport wouldn't be safe. Have to say the British consulate were amazing. They issued us emergency paperwork (our passports were taken) and got us on a flight out straight away.

Reactions: 14
Not scary, kind of creepy. About 8/9 years ago when I worked in retail I was on till, not serving anyone just sorting out a few POS things etc I looked up to see this man just stood there staring & smiling at me… I think he realised I was uncomfortable so he walked up to me and said ‘you’re a Gemini, I can tell by your eyes’ he was right! I am a Gemini. I have no idea who that man was, never met him previously and not seen him since. The fact he just came out of no where and told me that before walking away. I always think about it too. The only other witness to it was a lady I worked with at the time who was very spiritual and even she didn’t know what to make of it. I remember turning to her after he walked away and she mouthed ‘what the duck’ to me 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Nowhere near as bad as most of these, but when I was in my early 20s I had been out with friends, on the way home, quite late around 3am, I stopped to get food and a man (who I thought was working) in the cafe started talking to me , he was much older probably late 40s+ and I have always looked young for my age so could have passed for being much younger than 22 that I was. Anyway I left and walked home, felt someone runnning up behind me, I almost had a heart attack of course, anyway it was this man. He started talking to me as I continued to walk, there is obviously no one around at this point, the street was a mainish road but totally empty, I wanted him to leave me alone but I was trying to be polite. I didn't want him to know where I lived but at this point I was almost home and I couldn't really go anywhere else anyway.
We got to the front door of my building and he was asking for my number, I gave him a fake one saying that my phone was off. He rang the number, the phone of course was not off, he started getting angry, why had I given him a fake number etc etc, went to grab me, I had no idea what to do at this point. By absolute miracle the front door opened and two of my neighbours came out, I ran in and slammed the door before he could follow me. I really dread to think what could have happened.

Another time I was at a street party abroad with another female friend, I think we were about 19/20. She was wearing sandals and stepped on a broken glass and ended up cutting her foot very badly, we went in to a bar to see if they had antiseptic etc. A man there who we thought worked there said he lived hearby and could help her clean it up (in retrospect I realise this is totally stupid but we were both pretty drunk).Anyway the streets are FULL of people and he does live almost just above this bar. So we went into his flat, he gives us plasters etc and she bandages up her foot, we were thanking him and about to leave and he was trying to persuade us to stay, we started making excuses and suddenly he lunged at the door, which was slightly ajar and was about to close and lock it. I have no idea how in our drunken states but we managed to grab the door first and prise it open, running down about 4 flights of stairs as he tried to chase after us. Even now thinking about it I feel physically sick.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Omg I would’ve died if it was a dogging site🤣 Yeah I wouldn’t think twice about driving towards a police station if it happened again, so bloody creepy

another one I’ve thought of.
Me and my friends went a holiday to magaluf in 2019 and had a great time, it was our last night and we were being picked up at 8am the next morning for the air port. Me and one of my friends had decided to have a last night out and we were going to stay up all night until we got picked up in the morning. My other 2 friends stayed in and packed for the morning. We had a great night out and was probably one of the drunkest ones we had out of the whole holiday. It got to around 4am and my friend had gone missing, we had chummed up with these guys who were from Scotland (same as us) so I presumed she had gone out for a smoke or something with one of them. (We also never ever left each other even to go to the toilet the full holiday as we knew anything could happen to us being girls) I left and went to check and she was no where to be seen. I phoned and text her multiple times and was starting to panic as I didn’t know where she was and I was also on my own. One of the guys came out to check with me and he ended up walking me back to my hotel to see if she had gone home early. I got back and still no where to be seen, it was around 5am and it was an hour since I had seen her, I let my other friends know and we all got dressed and frantically searched around the hotel for her. It started to get serious and we were about to let the hotel know around 6am (not that they would’ve done anything useful🙄) when I got a phone call from her phone, I answered and it was an English girl who asked if we were ****’s friends. We said yes and she exclaimed her friend group had found her lying on a sunbed with no clothes on, very drunk and couldn’t speak. We told the girl to stay with her and we all ran up through the strip and to the beach to collect her. When we got there she was like a different person, clothes all ripped, nothing in her bumbag except her phone (no money/keys) and couldn’t remember what happened. She was still in a state even on the airplane home and kept crying saying she couldn’t remember a thing. Still to this day she can’t remember, we’ve never told anyone but it just always haunts me and it’s put me off going away😢
This just bought back memories of a girls holiday I went on in 2015 zante , we met a bunch of random guys out there who were staying in the same hotel as us. One of them took a liking to my friend, we all went on a night out together (I had really bad feelings about these guys, they were all weird, coke heads their whole vibe was off) anyway during the night, we lost my friend, my other friend was off her face drunk and I was sober enough so I just started to panic, everyone BUT my friend and that guy who liked her were still in the club.. I called her phone probably about 20 times until it started going to voicemail. I was so scared and angry with her I just left the club and stood outside desperately trying to get hold of her because I knew how drunk she was!!

I went back in after many failed attempts at getting her by phone and grabbed my other friend who kept screaming 'SHES FINE LEAVE HER' in my ear but something was just so off, I couldn't leave her and I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something happened to her. I managed to convince my other friend to leave with me and go back to the hotel to look for her. On arrival in the hotel lobby I pretty much ran up to the reception desk in a state asking if they had seen her, which they did! The man on reception didn't speak great English but I remember him saying 'small girl, brown hair, very drunk, with boyfriend!' I was like NO THAT MAN IS NOT HER BOYFRIEND SHE MET HIM HERE 2 FRIGGIN DAYS AGO !! and he could tell by that point it was a bit weird, because the guy had told the staff that he was her boyfriend :rolleyes: I knew the guys first name but I didn't know his last name so it was useless, I was begging for the man on reception to look on CCTV etc to see what room they went into. By that point the guys friend walked through the hotel wearing sunglasses, obviously to hide his coke eyes and I said to him take me to your room now!! he took me and my friend in the lift, took us to the wrong floor and then laughed in my face when I knocked on a door and a random woman answered angry because we woke her up this was about 2am at this point!! Literally took us to the wrong room. In the end I actually said to him, if you don't take me to the right room now, I will go downstairs and get the police. he then said sorry and actually took us to the correct room.

He opened the door and lying there in bed was my friend, sleeping, back turned towards me, I couldn't see her face.. and then that horrible guy lying next to her wide awake and giving me the most evil smirk I had ever seen in my life.. his eyes were like pure evil! I literally screamed my friends name but she didn't move or stir, nothing! The other guy stopped me from going in the room, he barged past me and slammed the door in my face.

It was the most horrendous night of my life, I stayed up all night crying. My other friend was useless, I'm not longer friends with her anymore. But I am still friends with the girl who was taken back to the hotel and she still hates talking about that night. She says she doesn't remember anything but she does.. she just doesn't want to talk about it. Makes me feel sick to think what may have actually happened.

Sorry for the long message.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I was sexually assaulted when I was 18, I normally went for a walk every evening with my dad and dog but decided on this particular day to go alone, it was a very long nature trail type walk way and always had people walking or going for runs but it’s never full of people. He was in his forties and made small talk for a few minutes before walking in the opposite direction, but a while later he was behind me and I laughed and said oh hi again but he didn’t seem as friendly as he had been before, he grabbed me and dragged me into an area that was full bushes. After about 5 minutes a couple were walking past and heard me and managed to scare him off.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
I was sexually assaulted when I was 18, I normally went for a walk every evening with my dad and dog but decided on this particular day to go alone, it was a very long nature trail type walk way and always had people walking or going for runs but it’s never full of people. He was in his forties and made small talk for a few minutes before walking in the opposite direction, but a while later he was behind me and I laughed and said oh hi again but he didn’t seem as friendly as he had been before, he grabbed me and dragged me into an area that was full bushes. After about 5 minutes a couple were walking past and heard me and managed to scare him off.
I’m sorry that happened to you, how horrific 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Some men are vile, evil bastards. I'm sorry you went through that. What a messed up world it is when you can't even go for a walk.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
That’s so scary I walk my dog twice a day & run in the dark in winter & sometimes just try not to think about all the weirdos out & there are lots, I’ve been lucky so far

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That’s so scary I walk my dog twice a day & run in the dark in winter & sometimes just try not to think about all the weirdos out & there are lots, I’ve been lucky so far
It’s awful isn’t it. I think why should we have to change our behaviour because there’s some sick bastards out there. But then on the other hand, it’s hard not to feel afraid. Especially when, like most of us have, you’ve had some sort of bad experience in the past.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
It’s awful isn’t it. I think why should we have to change our behaviour because there’s some sick bastards out there. But then on the other hand, it’s hard not to feel afraid. Especially when, like most of us have, you’ve had some sort of bad experience in the past.
I've got young children and I'd love to take them for a walk through the woods as there are loads around us but as a lone female, I don't feel safe enough to do and its sad because I should be able to take my children for a walk without fear of something happening to us.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
I've got young children and I'd love to take them for a walk through the woods as there are loads around us but as a lone female, I don't feel safe enough to do and its sad because I should be able to take my children for a walk without fear of something happening to us.
Ever since the Sarah Everard tragedy, when iv walked my baby in his pram iv actually had my rape alarm with me, I hold it in my hand until I get to an area that is full of people. But how sad is that? But I'm just so conscious of things like that now. But you just don't know who's around anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 22