What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going by what you’ve said, I’d let the friendship drift.
I defo have since the last holiday and with covid in place - it sounds bad - but it's helped keep the distance😅 also I forgot to say it hasn't impacted any other relationships since then, I'm in a longterm one now which has been amazing! X

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think its because before the holiday started we promised eachother we weren't gonna sleep with anyone & then obviously she walked in and saw us! So she started going off about that but she didn't realise until later what had happened but she wasn't very happy about it. I don't think she realised the full extent and nor did I, so it was played off as nothing major. Maybe because I wasn't screaming for help or whatever, I was silent and didn't day anything, which is my biggest regret
Noooo don't feel any regret, even if you wanted to scream bloody murder you wouldn't have been able to had!
Again I'm so sorry, what happened was awful you should be proud of yourself being able to share it. I can see your friends pov now however I'm sad she hasn't came to realise what happened either. You do right distancing yourself. As you get older you look back and see so many close calls and u thank God and just enjoy some quiet over the loud and parties lol mind yourself please. There's nothing you could have done to change it and if i was you I would have done the same thing. Just been quiet and waited to get out of there. xxx

Would love to hear!
I second this! I have an absolute ton of paranormal stories but they freak me out so much that I'd rather not type it! My family are all inclined to attract ghosts nd weird experiences

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A few years ago I was walking to the local shop to get some snacks. It was about 7ish or so, and I was minding my own business. Next thing I know was this Brian Blessed type voice booming in my ear saying " look UP, ALWAYS look UP!!!! only the DEAD stare at the ground!!" and I swear to god, I jumped so badly I almost peed myself. I didn't even look to see who had yelled it, I just scurried to the shop and stayed there for about 40 mins!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I don't know tbh, I said I didn't want it and I felt like if I went with it the sooner I could get away from it. However I feel like we were both naive about it and it's not until maybe the past year or so I've realised what it actually was. I haven't really spoken about it with her since. We went on a 2nd holiday a year later and another situation happened however that time it was consensual and I wasn't harmed however her actions leading up to it were selfish and all about her gain. I will talk about that another day though just not so close after posting this one. Ever since the 2nd holiday I distanced myself bc I was fed up of how it was always boys first with her. So since then we haven't spoken about it as much as we don't talk in general as much anymore, still friends but never the same as before! X
Wow your friend sounds alot like an ex friend of mine. When we went on holidays together, it was always her way or no way and random guys always came first even though I had a boyfriend and didn't want to be around a group of lads, she loved the attention. One of the biggest reason's we aren't friends anymore. She was happy enough to leave me alone with groups of boys I didn't know while she went off with them. hated it.

Reactions: 7
Everytime I see someone posts on this thread my heart hurts more, I can't believe how common these stories are.

I am so silly I always walk home alone drunk, I really wish we were allowed self defense in the UK (pepper spray and so on)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I've noticed a lot of the people complaining about having to homeschool their kids and them missing out on school/ education are the ones who want to take their kids on holiday during term time. Then they say how kids learn more outside the classroom and that school isn't everything.

Reactions: 5
Wow your friend sounds alot like an ex friend of mine. When we went on holidays together, it was always her way or no way and random guys always came first even though I had a boyfriend and didn't want to be around a group of lads, she loved the attention. One of the biggest reason's we aren't friends anymore. She was happy enough to leave me alone with groups of boys I didn't know while she went off with them. hated it.
Omg the last bit of that sounds exactly like my second story I have on her too, it's so scary the way people are treated by their "friends", so sorry happened to you! I hope nothing serious happened :(

Reactions: 6
Omg the last bit of that sounds exactly like my second story I have on her too, it's so scary the way people are treated by their "friends", so sorry happened to you! I hope nothing serious happened :(
Thankfully I was fine as I would always just leave and go back to the hotel, but she would then get really moody when she eventually reappeared because I LEFT the group?.. even though she would be the one to have left me there alone. It really bugged me but it just wasn't worth getting into an argument with her about it. We only had one key to our room too and she would get really annoyed if I asked to keep it in my bag when we went out. My reasoning was if she met someone and went off with them then I wouldn't have to worry about asking reception to let me in.. started so many arguments in the end I just let her keep the key... It's like she felt if she had the key I wouldn't go back to the hotel as I'd know then she would return to the group. Just weird behaviour for someone who was supposed to be a best friend. Though one time we were out during the day and went into a bar, this group of lads were sitting sunning themselves, tops off and all oiled up.. they would shout across and she would shout back and entertain them, I really am not into guys like that. One of them asked if I was a fridget witch because I wasn't joining in, said I looked like I would be a ''good shag'' cause of my 'big tits''.. She was so annoyed when I didn't want to go sit beside them. How is it ok for someone to be saying quite rude and cheeky things to me and then for her to expect me to ok with that, laugh it off and just join them? weird. So thankful to be away from her.

I am so sorry what happened to you but I am glad you aren't as close with your friend anymore, you are worth 20 of her. You are such a strong girl and thank you for sharing your story. Such a shame scumbags like that exist... xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thankfully I was fine as I would always just leave and go back to the hotel, but she would then get really moody when she eventually reappeared because I LEFT the group?.. even though she would be the one to have left me there alone. It really bugged me but it just wasn't worth getting into an argument with her about it. We only had one key to our room too and she would get really annoyed if I asked to keep it in my bag when we went out. My reasoning was if she met someone and went off with them then I wouldn't have to worry about asking reception to let me in.. started so many arguments in the end I just let her keep the key... It's like she felt if she had the key I wouldn't go back to the hotel as I'd know then she would return to the group. Just weird behaviour for someone who was supposed to be a best friend. Though one time we were out during the day and went into a bar, this group of lads were sitting sunning themselves, tops off and all oiled up.. they would shout across and she would shout back and entertain them, I really am not into guys like that. One of them asked if I was a fridget witch because I wasn't joining in, said I looked like I would be a ''good shag'' cause of my 'big tits''.. She was so annoyed when I didn't want to go sit beside them. How is it ok for someone to be saying quite rude and cheeky things to me and then for her to expect me to ok with that, laugh it off and just join them? weird. So thankful to be away from her.

I am so sorry what happened to you but I am glad you aren't as close with your friend anymore, you are worth 20 of her. You are such a strong girl and thank you for sharing your story. Such a shame scumbags like that exist... xxx
I can't believe how similar some of the things from your experience are to mine! Even with the hotel key thing, I'm glad nothing happened to you! I had a group of lads from my hotel walk me back one night after being alone, luckily I knew and recognised them & took my chances, asked them to walk me back. Our hotel was down a dark secluded street and I didn't wanna go alone and saw them on the way and asked. Such risky behaviour but I was so scared and I just took the chance!

Reactions: 4
I've noticed a lot of the people complaining about having to homeschool their kids and them missing out on school/ education are the ones who want to take their kids on holiday during term time. Then they say how kids learn more outside the classroom and that school isn't everything.
I've put this in the wrong thread , it's meant to be in one of the pissed off/complaining threads

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Reading through this thread has honestly traumatised me. It makes me so angry that almost every woman has had some sort of experience or near miss with a predatory man. I follow a feminist account on Instagram and they posted a question on their story ‘If men didn’t exist for 24hrs only... what would you do?’ And then subsequently posted the replied she recieved. Most of the responses were ‘go for a walk at night’ ‘walk home late at night after being out with friends’ ‘wear what I want’
It’s so disheartening that in this day and age women can’t do such basic things without a constant threat of danger.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Reading through this thread has honestly traumatised me. It makes me so angry that almost every woman has had some sort of experience or near miss with a predatory man. I follow a feminist account on Instagram and they posted a question on their story ‘If men didn’t exist for 24hrs only... what would you do?’ And then subsequently posted the replied she recieved. Most of the responses were ‘go for a walk at night’ ‘walk home late at night after being out with friends’ ‘wear what I want’
It’s so disheartening that in this day and age women can’t do such basic things without a constant threat of danger.
I follow that account as well. I felt quite angry reading it as it’s the small things that most women would like to feel safe doing.

Reactions: 4
I agree, but unfortunately there are some scum women too - we were broken into in broad daylight by a woman who stole my mums handbag and one of our phones, there was also a girl in my school who was ambushed by a group of girls (she didn’t know them) and had her head smashed against a kerb :( It’s not just men that are the problem but they certainly make up a large majority.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
My grandparent who I was extremely close to passed away last week. I was with her until the end.

I’ve been extremely upset every day and last night I had a dream that was as vivid as anything.

I dreamt I was back in the same situation as when she passed, the curtains around the bed were closed and I walked away after saying goodbye, very upset. I was then called back (in the dream it felt like a few days) by someone saying ‘your nana’s back..she’s asked us to open up the curtains’ and in shock I walked back over to where the bed was, hospital curtains drawn open and she was sat up in the chair with the bed made, she was looking at me dead on as though she was waiting for me, she was smiling and waving in the exact way she used to wave - she had colour in her face again, her hair was done up and she had an energy around her of wellness, peace and happiness. In the dream i was in shock and asking her what’s going on as it felt like she was resurrected and it felt so real and she just told me her brother had helped her. Her tone was her exact way of being - ‘pick yourself up and carry on’.

When i woke up I got really emotional and felt like it was my nana letting me know she’s ok, she’s at peace and no longer suffering. She had two brothers who passed away before her - maybe one of them was helping her connect with me to let me know she was ok and to stop worrying.

The last thing I said to her when she passed was ‘see you in my dreams nana, I love you’ as I kissed her head.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
One frightening moment from my childhood stands out.

first, was when I used to play with my friends in a local stream near my home. This particular stream was quite shallow - less than knee deep - only about 15ft wide and no appreciable current. So it was great just for playing around in.

However, if you followed it for long enough it would lead into a man-made culvert. And this tunnel was about half-mile in length and was pitch black of course. I was too scared to walk through it on my own, but of course when you're with your mates you have to do dares in order to be a "gang member". So I had to "man up" (for a 11 year old) and walk through it!

Inevitably I started losing my nerve after about 100 yards in. And my mates decided to make a racket and both end of the tunnel. Either shouting, ghostly chanting, throwing stones or kicking water.

I get halfway and someone jumps me from behind! I scream and scream, and go tumbling head long into the shallow water. I can't see who it was of course. All I could see in the blackness were the two pin pricks of light at the entrances of the tunnel either end.

I was crying and shaking. And I just ran back as fast i could until I met up with my mates at the entrance. They are laughed of course, and called me chicken. But I had nightmares for a week or so!

We later went through the same tunnel (all 7 of us, with torches), and as it turns out where I was originally jumped on there was a small recess to one side, where one my mates had taken position before i ventured in. And that's how he jumped me!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
When my father was a child, he grew up on a notoriously rough housing estate in Yorkshire. My Nan always accompanied him in the mornings to the bus stop, to catch his ride to school.

One particular morning they were running late, so he darted out of the house alone. He waited about 30 minutes before realising he’d probably missed the bus. As he started making his way back home, a car with a man and woman pulled up and asked him if he needed a lift somewhere. He jumped at the chance (saving him a thick ear or caning from the headmaster 🤪), and pulled the handle of the back seat door. As he was about to hop in, my Grandpa was turning the corner on his way home from a night shift.

Thankfully, he called my Dad’s name and stopped him from getting in. My Grandpa caught a glimpse of the 2 people driving the car and, right up until the day he died, was 100% convinced it was Ian Brady and Myra Hindley.
That last sentence made my blood run cold.

Reactions: 12
I read this thread from start to finish last night and it's heartbreaking how many of you have experienced such appalling things.

My heart goes out to you all and I admire your courage in telling your stories. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Getting a punch into the face after telling a bloke off and to stop following me around the dance floor even though I told him multiple times that I wasn’t interested.

He kept pursuing me for 2-3 hours. I think he’d be gone then 15 mins later he’s back offering me a drink and a dance even though I told him nicely I’m not interested and was with my friends. After the final time he asked, I was like “LEAVE ME ALONE AND duck OFF YOU CREEP!” And with that I just felt a blow to my face and seeing stars. I fell back and split my head open. So there I was half unconscious with a bloody nose lip and a very sore bloody head all because I wanted to be left alone.

Fair play to the bouncers they basically rugby tackled the horrible bleep within seconds. But it was frightening in the hospital being checked out to see if my head was okay and to see if anything was broken, and then also having to make Gardaí statements.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Getting a punch into the face after telling a bloke off and to stop following me around the dance floor even though I told him multiple times that I wasn’t interested.

He kept pursuing me for 2-3 hours. I think he’d be gone then 15 mins later he’s back offering me a drink and a dance even though I told him nicely I’m not interested and was with my friends. After the final time he asked, I was like “LEAVE ME ALONE AND duck OFF YOU CREEP!” And with that I just felt a blow to my face and seeing stars. I fell back and split my head open. So there I was half unconscious with a bloody nose lip and a very sore bloody head all because I wanted to be left alone.

Fair play to the bouncers they basically rugby tackled the horrible bleep within seconds. But it was frightening in the hospital being checked out to see if my head was okay and to see if anything was broken, and then also having to make Gardaí statements.
What is wrong with people like that 😡😡😡 urghhhh so sorry you had to go through that

Reactions: 9