What's the most creepiest or scariest thing that's ever happened to you?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More like if the hotel was only 5 minutes away as stated, none of them wanted to lose their place in the rank that they've queued for and only earn 50p for it! All wanted the bigger and better fares that they knew would come along a few minutes later (sure enough the poster says they did). Same with the app-booked taxis, they also don't want to waste time on tiny fares. Probably nothing more sinister than that.
I found in Newcastle you could get a taxi within walking distance no bother but they'd grumble at going about 20 miles out of the city
I think the drivers are just grumpy and lazy rather than having sinister intentions ( in my experience) .

@ProphecyGirl some cities do seem to have a lot of one way and no car lanes so sometimes it may be quicker to walk , especially these days. I'm not familiar with Leeds so I don't know if that is the case.

Reactions: 2
One time I was tailgated by a car in a residential area. It was about 10 inches away from my back bumper, I started going faster to increase the gap but it accelerated too. I was thinking of turning off somewhere or stopping by the curb but I was scared it would go straight into me if I did. I could feel my heartbeat thumping and my hands were shaking. Logically I knew that if it hit me it would be their fault but I was terrified.
Eventually I came to a roundabout and drove off and the car went in a different direction. I have never felt such relief.

I had to stop later to let my blood pressure settle.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Maybe it’s different where I’m from but the taxi’s here always have a minimum fare so even if it’s up the road it atleast covers petrol. It’s not any taxi’s business how short a journey is in any scenario, we were obviously drunk after a night out but anyone could have an invisible illness that makes short walks difficult! I definetly think they were just being arseholes. 😂😂
I wonder how far you are from me! It's never 'dull' where I'm from 😂 ! Taxis here have a minimum fare too, possibly like an above comment maybe they just cared more about money

Reactions: 1
Maybe it’s different where I’m from but the taxi’s here always have a minimum fare so even if it’s up the road it atleast covers petrol. It’s not any taxi’s business how short a journey is in any scenario, we were obviously drunk after a night out but anyone could have an invisible illness that makes short walks difficult! I definetly think they were just being arseholes. 😂😂
Sounds like they were just being arseholes hoping for more money. I remember once in the local uni town to where I lived, there were 3 girls sexually assaulted within a few weeks and all gave the same description of the man who did it. So many young girls felt unsafe (naturally) so were getting taxis home instead of buses or walking etc. There was absolute uproar on social media cause taxi's were refusing to take people 5 minutes around the corner despite what was going on.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
The other week my boyfriend passed his driving test so as you do we were out all night in his car just driving random places. We had gotten a McDonalds and decided to drive to this car park we knew just to eat it as the McDonald’s was super busy so we couldn’t park anywhere near it to eat. We had just parked up and we had turned the light on in the car as we were eating because we were the only car in the car park. About 2 mins into our food we notice a car driving into the car park and about to park up which didn’t bother us of course, but then the car came right over to us and stopped his car facing us with full beams on. We tried not to look over at it and we locked the doors but of course we were on edge🤣 The car starts flashing us as if to ask us to get out of the way (the car park is massive and we were the only 2 cars in it) but we ignored it and I had started to pack up the food for my boyfriend to drive away as I was getting scared. The car then reverses into a space, turns the engine off and turns the light on inside the car and its just a man staring us out. At this point we thought duck this and started to drive out of the car park and ended up just randomly turning into a housing estate and parked with the engine off incase the car followed us. 2 seconds later the car drives into the housing estate and drives around it as if to look for us. We let him drive around and then drive out. We waited a couple mins and then decided to head home as he would surely be gone by now. As we pulled out of the estate, the driver is parked in a lay-by with his engine off and as soon as he sees us he turns the engine on and floors it down this farm road to catch up with us. He ended up following us for about 20 mins as we just drove round random parts of the town to see if he was still going to follow us and he lost us eventually as we kept turning into random roads trying to get away from him. So creepy I think of it every time we’re out in the car now!
I would of rung the police!!

Reactions: 2
For me it was when my Grandad died. I stayed with him until the end at hospital. This only happened in November last year. He died of Covid so I had to self isolate straight afterwards. They chucked me out, understandably, quickly after he died.

We live about an hours drive from where he lived so I thought I would just go back and stay at his house as it was about 2am and I was tired and emotional so didn’t think it would be safe to drive.

I got to his house and went up to bed... well. It was the most frightening and scary experience of my life. It was dark, it was silent. I was shitting myself that he would appear at the end of the bed. I was terrified. I literally slept for maybe a few hours, with one eye open.

Awful.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I live in the countryside and me and my friend and her sister always used to meet at a crossroads between our two houses for the craic! One day we were sitting on the rock and this car passes and stops down the road, reverses back up to the corssroads and stays there for about 5 mins just watching us, we were so stuck because it’s at least a fifteen minute run back to my house and her house was a god half hour away!! So basically we were fucked. We pretended to shout across the field to her cousins house (where no one was at the time) and pretend we were talking to them. The two foreign men in the car put down there windows and said “girls girls do you want to see some puppies”? We were absolutley petrified , neither of us had credit to ring home. Thankfully my friends moms friend came down the road in her motorbike by a stroke of luck!! She obviously stopped to say hi but we informed her what was going on. She started to walk over to them and the car sped off!! It’s actually frightens me to think what could have happened. We were 15 at the time but live in such a close community where kids even younger than us would be meeting up around the roads. If little 10 year old kids happened to be there of course they’d be happy to hear there was puppies!!! I still wonder what they were doing around my area as we are off the beaten path altogether, 15 mins from nearest town like down country roads. I pray they never tricked anyone else!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I went on my first girls holiday a few years ago and it was just me and my best mate. On the 3rd day we were in the pool and these two lads came over to us, your average "love island" looking types if uno what I mean, think they're gods gifts. My mate got all excited but they didn't fuss me however she was doing all the talking and invited us to their room in the evening for "pres". I wasn't keen however my friend insisted, I said okay but on the condition it's for an hour before we go out and then we head to the strip together. I had weird vibes off them and I wish I trusted my gut.
Come the evening we went to their room and we played a few drinking games n stuff, I wasn't that entertained, I'd rather of just been wirh her enjoying our time! However they had some vodka which they insisted on us having, it was like ciroc or something. We both were unsure and I wasn't keen as it was flavoured anyway however they insisted, so we agreed on just just shot of vodka and thats it.(we brought our own drink as we didn't wanna sponge off them anyway) Come some times later and boy 1 goes off with my mate to the balcony, I don't really feel comfortable with this but they say just 5 mins - my mate was head over heels for him and wouldn't let it drop. So then I was left with boy 2 in the room. I don't know how long after but things started getting fuzzy and I couldn't move properly, like I felt weak? Next thing you know boy 2 is kissing me and putting his hands all over me. I felt so weak lile I didn't even have the energy to push him off me or shout. Then all I remember is him on top of me and his dick in me and me just laying there thinking, if I go with it it'll end soon. My mate and boy 1 then walk in on us from the balcony and shw starts shouting and screaming at us and saying to me "how could you", " you said you wouldnt" etc and then boy 1 drags her back out on the balcony & boy 2 drags me into the bathroom and locks the door and proceeds to carry on. All I can hear is her shouting at me and him but lile I said I had 0 movement in me to help myself, after a few minutes he finished in me and let me go, my mate was furious at them and at me. However she calmed down when she realised something was wrong with me and I couldn't even walk properly or hold myself up. We went to our room and I literally blacked out, i woke up with sick all over my pillow and hair & a broken toe!! Safe to say I have no idea what was in those drinks or what had happened but it was scary the outcome and what happened.

I hated the way my mate blamed me for it and made me feel guilty for something I never wanted to do in the first place! Like I said I felt so weak and just wanted it over with. That guy has also been on a few tv shows, he is not well known at all here however he is a wannabe if you know what I mean and the sight of him makes me sick.

Sorry for the length of this!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
I went on my first girls holiday a few years ago and it was just me and my best mate. On the 3rd day we were in the pool and these two lads came over to us, your average "love island" looking types if uno what I mean, think they're gods gifts. My mate got all excited but they didn't fuss me however she was doing all the talking and invited us to their room in the evening for "pres". I wasn't keen however my friend insisted, I said okay but on the condition it's for an hour before we go out and then we head to the strip together. I had weird vibes off them and I wish I trusted my gut.
Come the evening we went to their room and we played a few drinking games n stuff, I wasn't that entertained, I'd rather of just been wirh her enjoying our time! However they had some vodka which they insisted on us having, it was like ciroc or something. We both were unsure and I wasn't keen as it was flavoured anyway however they insisted, so we agreed on just just shot of vodka and thats it.(we brought our own drink as we didn't wanna sponge off them anyway) Come some times later and boy 1 goes off with my mate to the balcony, I don't really feel comfortable with this but they say just 5 mins - my mate was head over heels for him and wouldn't let it drop. So then I was left with boy 2 in the room. I don't know how long after but things started getting fuzzy and I couldn't move properly, like I felt weak? Next thing you know boy 2 is kissing me and putting his hands all over me. I felt so weak lile I didn't even have the energy to push him off me or shout. Then all I remember is him on top of me and his dick in me and me just laying there thinking, if I go with it it'll end soon. My mate and boy 1 then walk in on us from the balcony and shw starts shouting and screaming at us and saying to me "how could you", " you said you wouldnt" etc and then boy 1 drags her back out on the balcony & boy 2 drags me into the bathroom and locks the door and proceeds to carry on. All I can hear is her shouting at me and him but lile I said I had 0 movement in me to help myself, after a few minutes he finished in me and let me go, my mate was furious at them and at me. However she calmed down when she realised something was wrong with me and I couldn't even walk properly or hold myself up. We went to our room and I literally blacked out, i woke up with sick all over my pillow and hair & a broken toe!! Safe to say I have no idea what was in those drinks or what had happened but it was scary the outcome and what happened.

I hated the way my mate blamed me for it and made me feel guilty for something I never wanted to do in the first place! Like I said I felt so weak and just wanted it over with. That guy has also been on a few tv shows, he is not well known at all here however he is a wannabe if you know what I mean and the sight of him makes me sick.

Sorry for the length of this!
My heart goes out to you. This is horrendous. I hope you’re ok. Were you able to report this at all? I know it’s a whole different ballgame when you’re overseas, which is why so many scumbags get away with it. I hope you managed to get yourself checked out (medically) once you got home again. Karma will catch up with this person one day.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My heart goes out to you. This is horrendous. I hope you’re ok. Were you able to report this at all? I know it’s a whole different ballgame when you’re overseas, which is why so many scumbags get away with it. I hope you managed to get yourself checked out (medically) once you got home again. Karma will catch up with this person one day.
No I didn't, I was naive and told myself it wasn't rape because I didn't say no or stop. In fact I didn't say anything however now I'm a lot older I have more of an idea of what it was and know it was non consensual whether I knew it was happening or not. If anything I was scared to say no because I'm partially disabled so I don't have to strength to fight back if that did happen, so I just went with it. I did luckily, I was tested for everything including HIV etc within a few weeks and it was all clear. That surprised me since on the tv show a year later, he confessed to sleeping with over 100 girls, I was lucky I guess. Thank you for the love x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
No I didn't, I was naive and told myself it wasn't rape because I didn't say no or stop. In fact I didn't say anything however now I'm a lot older I have more of an idea of what it was and know it was non consensual whether I knew it was happening or not. If anything I was scared to say no because I'm partially disabled so I don't have to strength to fight back if that did happen, so I just went with it. I did luckily, I was tested for everything including HIV etc within a few weeks and it was all clear. That surprised me since on the tv show a year later, he confessed to sleeping with over 100 girls, I was lucky I guess. Thank you for the love x
An absolutely horrible experience. It must be so horrible aswell to randomly turn on the tv and see him. Mind yourself ❤

• Heart
Horrified at what happened to you, Lara, and your mate’s reaction. That poor excuse for a human should be in jail (having some of his own medicine).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I wonder if your friend was given something too and her body reacted by getting upset and angry? It could have been a stimulant for her whereas it was a sedative for you? I don’t know.....it’s just a weird response from her, are u friends still?

I wonder if your friend was given something too and her body reacted by getting upset and angry? It could have been a stimulant for her whereas it was a sedative for you? I don’t know.....it’s just a weird response from her, are u friends still?
Yeah it is, there's another story too about our second girls holiday however I'm worried if I say too much someone may read it and realise 😅 this isn't my real name on here but they'll know who it is lol & we are however not best friends as much. We speak every now and then kinda thing!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
You’re so brave, never forget that. Even talking about it now. Please don’t beat yourself up about the fact you didn’t report it or tell anyone at the time, it’s such a difficult thing to come to terms with. Especially being away from home. I’m so glad you went and got yourself tested and checked out and that everything was clear. I can only imagine how you felt when you saw him on tv. Hmm, when he said he slept with all those girls it makes you wonder how many were actually consensual? Scumbag.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You’re so brave, never forget that. Even talking about it now. Please don’t beat yourself up about the fact you didn’t report it or tell anyone at the time, it’s such a difficult thing to come to terms with. Especially being away from home. I’m so glad you went and got yourself tested and checked out and that everything was clear. I can only imagine how you felt when you saw him on tv. Hmm, when he said he slept with all those girls it makes you wonder how many were actually consensual? Scumbag.
Thank you!! I've defintley become more accepting of it now, especially because I'm older and not an 18 Yr old who wasn't entirely sure if she was right or wrong. That was the first thing I did when I got back was find out how to get tested as I was so so worried I may have caught something! I forgot to mention the night after that, we walked back from the strip to the hotel and we see him and his mate with 2 new girls going to their room! Which may I add was next to ours 🙃 the look on their faces when they saw us, that's when I knew I'm defo getting a test. Luckily I didn't watch the programmes he was on, it was my friend who told me however it was a show that is highly enjoyed by young people in the summer... if you catch my drift! I said the same to my mate, how many of those girls actually wanted it and weren't forced into it? Disgusting!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
The whole experience just sounds awful from start to finish. You’ve done so well to move on from it and you sound as though you’re coping. I hope reliving it here hasn’t upset you. As I said, he’ll get what he deserves in the end and will wind up miserable. While you my lovely sound like you’re doing really well and I’m sure you have a happy and bright road ahead of you ❤

• Heart
The whole experience just sounds awful from start to finish. You’ve done so well to move on from it and you sound as though you’re coping. I hope reliving it here hasn’t upset you. As I said, he’ll get what he deserves in the end and will wind up miserable. While you my lovely sound like you’re doing really well and I’m sure you have a happy and bright road ahead of you ❤
Thank you!! It feels good getting out to people I don't know if I'm honest! I feel like people understand because they have been in similar boats. Where as my friends, as amazing as they are, I don't think they quite understood the full extent of what happened and that. I kinda shrugged it off at the time however now I look back I realise it was more serious and reading here has helped me come to terms with that. But I'm okay now, I have an amazing relationship and don't really think of it unless I have too. Thank you guys xx

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you!! I've defintley become more accepting of it now, especially because I'm older and not an 18 Yr old who wasn't entirely sure if she was right or wrong. That was the first thing I did when I got back was find out how to get tested as I was so so worried I may have caught something! I forgot to mention the night after that, we walked back from the strip to the hotel and we see him and his mate with 2 new girls going to their room! Which may I add was next to ours 🙃 the look on their faces when they saw us, that's when I knew I'm defo getting a test. Luckily I didn't watch the programmes he was on, it was my friend who told me however it was a show that is highly enjoyed by young people in the summer... if you catch my drift! I said the same to my mate, how many of those girls actually wanted it and weren't forced into it? Disgusting!!
I am so sorry that happened to you 💕 Would be people be shocked if they found out who he is? I get such anxiety when people seem so genuinely nice and turn out to be horrible people, it makes you feel like you can’t trust anyone

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I am so sorry that happened to you 💕 Would be people be shocked if they found out who he is? I get such anxiety when people seem so genuinely nice and turn out to be horrible people, it makes you feel like you can’t trust anyone
Hm idek because I don't think enough people know who he is to be shocked if I'm honest. I think he did come off a bit sleazy however I never watched the show but I know he wasn't on it for long and he had a few people that weren't so keen on him! Yeah it's horrible & I had a gut feeling all day leafing up to it ssomething was going to happen. I didn't know what but you know when you can just sense it! After this my friend started trusting my initiative a lot more lol

• Heart