What’s annoying you right now?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My neighbours. Aren’t we in lockdown . At least pretend u give a cr*p and be discreet about having visitors to your home. Parking in front of my drive every single day 🙄 ppl constantly knocking on their door. Hates a strong word but I hate them!!!! That rant felt good!

Reactions: 10
My neighbours. Aren’t we in lockdown . At least pretend u give a cr*p and be discreet about having visitors to your home. Parking in front of my drive every single day 🙄 ppl constantly knocking on their door. Hates a strong word but I hate them!!!! That rant felt good!
The people at the end of my road are the same. They had loads of garden parties in the summer and not only were they breaking guidelines but also blasted their music long into the night. These idiots will say tit like ‘I don’t want to waste a year of my life in lockdown’ or ‘I’m helping local businesses by going into loads of shops and restaurants’ to excuse their rule breaking when they’re inability to comply is part of the reason this has gone on so long.

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I've got a right mood on now.

It's just gone quarter past three in the morning. This is very relevant.

Mr D was composing something twatting about on the laptop from before I went to bed until, at ten to two, I asked him if he could possibly do something that doesn't entail the same bleeping not-quite-a-D drone note that's penetrated through my earphones and driven me almost crazy for hours. He decided he'd come to bed instead, moaning about not being able to sleep and only having the edge of the bed to perch on in any case.

By 2.05am, he was asleep. By two thirty, he'd dragged both quilts away from me for his own personal use three times. By two forty, he'd kicked me up the arse so many times, I was wondering whether I should change my name to Len*

By five to three, he nearly shoved his big toe up there, grabbed the quilts, snatched my pillow and pissed me off enough that I decided it was decamp or smother him.

The bed in the spare room is covered with recording equipment. He knows this pisses me off, as it means I can't go and sleep in another perfectly good bed when he's dreaming, thrashing around, shouting or, as is the case tonight, pushing me near the point of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility.

So I'm downstairs, instead of in a nice, comfortable bed, laying on the bleeping living room rug with a furry throw that the bleeping cat thinks is his bleeping mother, so he's stomping all over me, purring his adorable bleeping little head off, stabbing me repeatedly with his adorable bleeping murder mittens and generally being more of a tit that he is usually.

I know that when Mr D finally wakes up sometime before teatime, he will act all hurt that I've not been in bed and because I am going to tell him that he either clears off the shite on the spare room bed or he is banned from the main bedroom forever. If I don't murderise him first.

I am REALLY PISSED OFF.

*Father Ted reference for the teenagers in here
You're a better person than me! I would've kicked him back a few times, stolen the duvet back and maybe held his nose for a few seconds and then pretended to be asleep when he wakes up. If that didn't work, I would've woke his ass up to kick him out of the bed. Go sleep on the equipment you care so much about 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Came downstairs to see my husband has put the most random load of things in the washing machine last night. Things that didn't actually need washing, it's like he hunted for things to justify washing one item he wanted. For some reason he used the Napisan. But he reassures me there is some left in there.

So, knowing I have at least one more load of nappies to wash before my next food shop comes, I load up the washing machine, tip the Napisan upside down and out falls two little grains of Napisan like little snowflakes.

Reactions: 2
Some twit whinged at me for knocking on his front door to loud!!

Well get the bleeping doorbell fixed!!!!!

I was collecting a package from a private address, rang doorbell which I didn't hear so I assumed it wasn't working, waited a bit then knocked on the door, waited, no answer. I knocked a second time and finally got this blokes attention, he said to me "Do you have to knock so loud?" what a bleep.

When I knocked the second time the dog heard it and started barking, that didn't happen on the first knock or when I rang the doorbell so yes it wasn't bloody well working.

I've been a motorcycle courier for decades, never in all that time has this ever happened.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
Had a parcel delivered to my MIL because she doesn't work, so I knew she'd be there to receive it. Nobody would be in at mine. She's just text "Hi, your parcel has arrived, I've opened it to check it was alright, do you want me to tape it back up?" WHAT THE duck!!!!!! Thankfully it wasn't anything personal but imagine if it was a massive duck off vibrator!!!

ETA - to clarify, the parcel had my name on so there's no way she should have got "confused" and thought it was hers.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Had a parcel delivered to my MIL because she doesn't work, so I knew she'd be there to receive it. Nobody would be in at mine. She's just text "Hi, your parcel has arrived, I've opened it to check it was alright, do you want me to tape it back up?" WHAT THE duck!!!!!! Thankfully it wasn't anything personal but imagine if it was a massive duck off vibrator!!!

ETA - to clarify, the parcel had my name on so there's no way she should have got "confused" and thought it was hers.
What a nosey Parker. Note to self never ask MIL to do you a favour ever again

Reactions: 5
The DVSA refusing to accept their piece of tit website that isn't letting me change my theory test date. They keep telling me to clear my cookies/cache from my browser which I have done but the problem is on their end. I'm sure they will happily take another £26 from me once I'm able to re-book!

• Angry
Reactions: 4
Have a phone appointment with the in laws tonight. I really do love them, but these calls are just too much. It's so hard to make conversation about things because obviously nowts happening so they ask loads and loads of questions about inane things, it's so draining. I don't know why they can't be satisfied with a 10 minute hey how are you, all good, great, chat to you next week. My other half struggles too but he just clams up (I think it's a response to his mother's constant questions over the years) so then I end up having to carry the conversation on our side. It'll be an hour long conversation at least and because they don't work usual schedules, they ring later in the evening so by the time we've had tea and then spoken to them, the evening is gone. I could go off and do something else but last time I did that (I'd gone for a bath because I had a bad day) they hung on to wait for me to get out of the bath because they wanted to say hello. I don't think it helps when it's "booked in" because then I just spend the day dreading the conversation, I think it would flow a bit easier if we just had a couple of shorter calls spontaneously in the week.

Reactions: 8
My childcare bill has gone up £200 a month. I’m sure it’s a miscalculation but I feel like I email my childminder every month because she’s forgotten we’re term time only or she’s forgotten we are owed credit.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Have a phone appointment with the in laws tonight. I really do love them, but these calls are just too much. It's so hard to make conversation about things because obviously nowts happening so they ask loads and loads of questions about inane things, it's so draining. I don't know why they can't be satisfied with a 10 minute hey how are you, all good, great, chat to you next week. My other half struggles too but he just clams up (I think it's a response to his mother's constant questions over the years) so then I end up having to carry the conversation on our side. It'll be an hour long conversation at least and because they don't work usual schedules, they ring later in the evening so by the time we've had tea and then spoken to them, the evening is gone. I could go off and do something else but last time I did that (I'd gone for a bath because I had a bad day) they hung on to wait for me to get out of the bath because they wanted to say hello. I don't think it helps when it's "booked in" because then I just spend the day dreading the conversation, I think it would flow a bit easier if we just had a couple of shorter calls spontaneously in the week.
Ooh I feel that. The hour-long calls. Phoning at bang on 8pm. Scheduling them in for the next week. Always descends into chat about the latest political scandal (mostly covid right now) in the news and I honestly space out because I've just got nothing to add anymore. Wish I had some more useful advice but I can totally relate.

Ooh I feel that. The hour-long calls. Phoning at bang on 8pm. Scheduling them in for the next week. Always descends into chat about the latest political scandal (mostly covid right now) in the news and I honestly space out because I've just got nothing to add anymore. Wish I had some more useful advice but I can totally relate.
It's painful isn't it! And yes we usually end up on politics/news too, it's just one of those things, no big deal but frustrating all the same.

Having a job interview and them telling you they would call by then end of the day. Then don't. I wouldn't mind but I'd like feedback!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Delivered a laptop to this woman this morning, when she finally answered the door, talk about a misrable cow, didn't even get a thank you, not even a smile.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
UGH passive aggressive Teams responses in front of the whole team. Someone who has no idea what he's even doing replying to my thread with "as I said to you earlier...." and making me out as if I'm wrong/making him repeat himself when what we spoke about separately wasn't even relevant and everyone is confused about his input to a project.

I don't even know if this will make sense and probs sounds petty but omg I hate it when people go on unnecessary little power trips and try and assert their authority (which they don't even have) in front of others.
Just shows how insecure they are, if they can only “ assert” it with an audience ;)

Birds deciding to sing at 2am in the morning when it’s pitch black for another 5 hours - piss off!

Going to be a long night.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.