What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some ruthless doctor.

A few weeks ago, I went on sick leave. Doctors normally send an e-certificate to the Illness Benefit service via email (in order for the patient to be paid their illness benefit). This is standard, all doctors should either send an e-certificate or provide you with a form for you to send it.

This doctor did not offer to send it via e-Certificate nor did she give me the form during my appointment (which was €70 by the way). Today, I went back to them to ask for this form as I need to be paid the Illness Benefit given my employer only pays sick leave to a capped amount. The secretary told me I would be charged for them issuing the document!!

Charged for the doctor to do the job that they should have done in the first place? Is this a joke?

This is the doctor who told me I needed medication a month after my dad passed and I told her I was feeling unwell. Smh.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Some ruthless doctor.

A few weeks ago, I went on sick leave. Doctors normally send an e-certificate to the Illness Benefit service via email (in order for the patient to be paid their illness benefit). This is standard, all doctors should either send an e-certificate or provide you with a form for you to send it.

This doctor did not offer to send it via e-Certificate nor did she give me the form during my appointment (which was €70 by the way). Today, I went back to them to ask for this form as I need to be paid the Illness Benefit given my employer only pays sick leave to a capped amount. The secretary told me I would be charged for them issuing the document!!

Charged for the doctor to do the job that they should have done in the first place? Is this a joke?

This is the doctor who told me I needed medication a month after my dad passed and I told her I was feeling unwell. Smh.
I think illness certificates have always been chargeable in the UK.

How Sky make it so difficult to get answers on their website, or to contact them

Reactions: 1
Bosses who don’t reply to your messages, but send out emails to the whole company 😡

My father telling me I'm "abnormal" because I'm an introvert that has a few close friends but does not enjoy large gatherings/parties and I'm "mentally ill" because I don't want to go to a distant cousin's wedding with a bunch of anti-vaxxers in what is indeed still the middle of a pandemic. Like, I am indeed abnormal and I do have a mental illness, but those are not the symptoms lol.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
People who think me saying 'I can't pick up calls today so please email instead' means if they call me 12 times I will in fact answer. Nope, still can't pick up, and now I'm pissed off as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Couple of things

- Coming back to so many emails after I’ve been on leave to the point that I’m convinced no one else works at all in my team
- Then being chased for a report which I didn’t know about until Wednesday afternoon, and then I was on leave and said report needed to be written for today.

Properly contemplating phoning in sick for the rest of the week. It’s a joke. Being worked to the bone when I think people around me are doing bugger all.

• Sad
Someone at work today e-yelled at me via email because I made a mistake on a UAT (testing) system!!

It is a testing system - it's tailored to test the system and make mistakes. I don't even work in IT and I'm taking this on in addition to my existing workload. Seriously.

My father telling me I'm "abnormal" because I'm an introvert that has a few close friends but does not enjoy large gatherings/parties and I'm "mentally ill" because I don't want to go to a distant cousin's wedding with a bunch of anti-vaxxers in what is indeed still the middle of a pandemic. Like, I am indeed abnormal and I do have a mental illness, but those are not the symptoms lol.
That's not nice at all. Being an introvert is not an abnormality. In fact, it proves you can enjoy your own company and you're therefore secure within yourself. And you're right to protect your health. The pandemic hasn't disappeared!

• Wow
Been waiting two years to have our Central Heating serviced, twas booked for this week and the
fuckers have cancelled it.... I was only able to book a service a week ago...

People who own dogs, who let them pee anywhere they like. I'm not anti dogs, I'm anti thoughtless dog owners.

Reactions: 5
I would rather be an introvert than an attention seeking narcissist who uses his children for validation.

And you can quote me on that ;)

• Heart
I would rather be an introvert than an attention seeking narcissist who uses his children for validation.

And you can quote me on that ;)
My narc-y mom is doing something really similar at the moment. She’s yelling at me that covid is over and I should go to my cousin’s wedding. It’s clear she’s going to keep harassing me until the last second when the final flight leaves. She wants to go but since my parents are divorced and it’s family on my dad’s side, she feels I have to go in order to explain her presence. I mean — this is crazy. I’ve been very clear this whole time that I don’t want to risk contracting covid because of the long term side effects. I’ve never wavered from that point once.

Last edited:
  • Heart
My dog keeps putting his paw right across my face when he’s sleeping so I can’t see 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
People who own dogs, who let them pee anywhere they like. I'm not anti dogs, I'm anti thoughtless dog owners.
My dogs have never been allowed to stop at every lamppost and garden gate for a sniff and a pee.. They walked until we got to our walking place then they could snigg and pee as much as they liked.

I live in a village where there are many cottages 100s of years old. one has bricks crumbling away where dogs keep peeing up them. The owner has even put up a notice asking people to stop letting their dogs pee there. I have seen owners reading the notice while the dog pees.

We also have very ornate lamposts that are also rotting away because of the dog urine sadly once they get too bad they are replaced with modern monstrosities that cause light pollution

• Wow
My dog keeps putting his paw right across my face when he’s sleeping so I can’t see 😂
Nov 25 2021, it took me ages to find the date. You told me you don't have a dog, I thought I was going mad. Glad to know that the dog's well and my memory is not as bad as I thought.

It's not nice to trick old people.😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Nov 25 2021, it took me ages to find the date. You told me you don't have a dog, I thought I was going mad. Glad to know that the dog's well and my memory is not as bad as I thought.

It's not nice to trick old people.😂
I wasn’t tricking u lol I only got him a couple weeks ago

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.