What’s annoying you right now? #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband has started saying he-arr for here and it is pissing me off so much. I repeat it taking the mick whenever he says it. He says its just the way he talks but he hasn't said it like that for the past 16 years, just the last few weeks. Honestly infuriating

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Asked a simple question on a FB group page, one person replied and it wasn't even remotely an answer to my question.
The trick to finding out something online is to post an incorrect statement. People won't answer a question, but they love to tell someone they are wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Haven't seen one of my uncles in about 3 years...the first thing he said to me when he saw me yesterday was "oh you look tired" thanks a lot, so basically saying I look like tit...

Also at a big family gathering with all my family yesterday, lots of people who do not know me well at all. But have the cheek to comment on things like how my daughter who is quite bossy and likes to get her own way (she's 4 i think they are all a bit like that at times) takes after her mother...saying it in a way thats quite rude and spiteful in front of everyone when they don't know me at all. They all think its so funny to comment on my character as if im not in the room, but I haven't seen or spoken to them all in years and have never been close to them so they don't know anything about me 🤷🏼‍♀️ Annoying. Won't be going to the next one.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
The wind and rain. It's scary... Sick of it now!
Me too . Only cos I like to hang my washing out and for environmental reasons keep the tumble drying to a minimum
I'm in the bath and annoyed at myself that I said I'd do an outdoor activity today for 2 hours !
Flip sake I dont want to get out the bath but have to..
House is a bleeping tip .. I've had a week off so mostly spent it being pissed so house has gone to rack and ruin , and put on a stone through wine / vodka / prosecco. I know I'll have to tackle it today . It be those 15 minute jobbies or what ever I can fit in the adverts of Stiffs packed Munch on 4+1

Reactions: 1
Got the week off for half term, some friends jumped on this and asked if I would child mind, thought it will be ok and booked in at a trampoline place keep them busy. Trampoline place is flooded so now have house full of kids and also husband who is off today and needs more entertaining than all the kids put together 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I submitted an application for a life insurance quote. The company rang me this morning asking me whether I wanted to proceed. I asked them to provide me with additional details on the terms of the contract and requirements (such as financial analysis) beforehand because their quote had no details. The adviser on the phone said: "You give us your IBAN and the money goes to your estate, simple as that".

He couldn't be bothered to give me more information. Signing up for a life insurance is more than just giving an IBAN and I know full-well the money goes to my estate, that's the whole purpose of it lol. He then started reading some data protection terms to confirm I'm OK with the call and 1 minute later, he still wasn't done, so I hung up.

It's rude and I would never do this, but a) he provided me with zero information b) he didn't seem too interested in doing his job.

• Sad
I relate to this! I never really had problems with my dad until I hit high school and suddenly he became quite difficult to be around. I've always been branded as 'lazy' by him but I never did badly at things, I just had a different style and work ethic to him (he has an inability to see things in any way other than his own). I felt as if I was often getting berated by him about how often he felt I should be studying and what my grades should be. Both me and my sister came in for this sort of flak. I was always nervous to struggle at anything.

Eventually it calmed down after I got my main exam results but it started back up when I got my first flat and he was quite nasty to me over my housekeeping abilities. I was trying to adjust to living on my own for the first time as a 19 year old and he made it quite a miserable time because I wasn't meeting his standards (even though he rarely cleans himself and it's my mum who does it). At this point as an adult, I just keep a relationship going with him out of courtesy and for my mum.
You’ve just made me realise why my dad gets so annoyed, he can’t see anyway, other than his, as the right way. It’s especially annoying as he’s a dentist who’s best subjects were science were as me and my sister prefer English and humanities. He keeps telling my sister to bullet point her answers for RS and got cross with me for telling her she won’t get the marks if she doesn’t develop ideas. For some reason he thinks they’ll give her more marks if she list 10 ideas for a 4 mark question than if she were to develop 2 ideas- like the question asks.

• Wow
The trick to finding out something online is to post an incorrect statement. People won't answer a question, but they love to tell someone they are wrong.
which means the only to get an answer to a simple question you have to talk bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I relate to this! I never really had problems with my dad until I hit high school and suddenly he became quite difficult to be around. I've always been branded as 'lazy' by him but I never did badly at things, I just had a different style and work ethic to him (he has an inability to see things in any way other than his own). I felt as if I was often getting berated by him about how often he felt I should be studying and what my grades should be. Both me and my sister came in for this sort of flak. I was always nervous to struggle at anything.

Eventually it calmed down after I got my main exam results but it started back up when I got my first flat and he was quite nasty to me over my housekeeping abilities. I was trying to adjust to living on my own for the first time as a 19 year old and he made it quite a miserable time because I wasn't meeting his standards (even though he rarely cleans himself and it's my mum who does it). At this point as an adult, I just keep a relationship going with him out of courtesy and for my mum.
You’ve just made me realise why my dad gets so annoyed, he can’t see anyway, other than his, as the right way. It’s especially annoying as he’s a dentist who’s best subjects were science were as me and my sister prefer English and humanities. He keeps telling my sister to bullet point her answers for RS and got cross with me for telling her she won’t get the marks if she doesn’t develop ideas. For some reason he thinks they’ll give her more marks if she list 10 ideas for a 4 mark question than if she were to develop 2 ideas- like the question asks.
This reminds me of when my Dad took over my younger brother's homework (a little research project about something in science); he wanted to "help" but ended up doing far too much on a tangent away from the original requirements. When my brother got the mark back it was a C grade because it wasn't relevant 😂 My dad was expecting A+. He was quite annoyed 😬
Growing up there was a bit of shouting which in hindsight I think was his work stress being brought home and channelled as frustration at us when we didn't understand things or whatever. I didn't realise how much an effect the pent up stressy shouting from parents had on my anxiety until I left home and lived in peace. They were never abusive but the atmosphere was toxic for sure.

Reactions: 7
I can't sleep and I have an intevivew in the morning. 😪 I just feel so unsettled in bed lately and it's really having an impact on me physically. I feel like crying but I'm just SO tired that I can't even do that.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I can't sleep and I have an intevivew in the morning. 😪 I just feel so unsettled in bed lately and it's really having an impact on me physically. I feel like crying but I'm just SO tired that I can't even do that.
Have you tried some breathing exercises? Breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 7, release in 8 is meant to help sleep.

Sending you good vibes for your interview!

Good luck for your interview! x

I'm ILL AGAIN! I swear I'm allergic to air travel lol. My throat feeling like I'm swallowing razor blades, my ears are just blocked and aching so much. Fed up with being sickly little sod 😂 roll on better weather!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I'd bought a bottle of mineral water in case i needed an extra drink when I was out. Opened it today and took a big swig and it tasted funny . I opened the sports cap bit and it was all brown. I hope it doesn't make me ill.

I hope it was a fault when manufacturing and it hasn't become contaminated some how

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I have just wasted £14 on a train ticket all to be told that the restaurant I was going to has closed for the rest of the day.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Adcro from TikTok, he’s on here as MrAdcro, his name is actually Adam, I tried to tag him but couldn’t for some reason. There’s a forum created about him titled ‘Adcro’ where people reflect similar views to mine. He truly is one of the most narcissistic and false people I’ve ever come across on TikTok, and there’s many on there!
The way he portrays himself in his videos is all false, in reality he is rude, abrupt and extremely self absorbed.
He encountered controversy recently, which is discussed at length in the forum created about him, but whether or not the controversy is 100% true or not, him as a person is still infuriating.
The most annoying traits is his defensive attitude ALL THE TIME, and if you so much as disagree or say something that doesn’t align with his views, he’ll respond abruptly and discard your perspective, with no open mindset to invite your views for discussion.
I feel empathy for Phil, his husband, because it’s clear he succumbs to Adam’s way, as there’s a clear point of it’s his way or no way. When Phil features in the videos you can see he just nods along to keep Adam happy, because I can only imagine if he were to go against Adam, there would be an argument.
All in all, he’s a typical wannabe actor with a tendency to control and emotionally manipulate to get his way, so there you have it, that’s what I’m currently finding annoying.

Nothing in my wardrobe fits...all my pre pregnancy clothes just sat in there...can't get any of it over my fat post pregnancy behind 😒 I am trying to avoid buying more clothes in a bigger size as I'm trying to loose weight but the scales aren't moving 🙃

• Heart
I'd bought a bottle of mineral water in case i needed an extra drink when I was out. Opened it today and took a big swig and it tasted funny . I opened the sports cap bit and it was all brown. I hope it doesn't make me ill.

I hope it was a fault when manufacturing and it hasn't become contaminated some how
Hopefully that will teach you to never drink blindly without first checking the bottle or can you’re drinking from, remember, these bottles and cans lie around in warehouses, so inevitably mice and rats urinate and poo on and around them, that’s why I always use a straw for a can and for a bottle, regardless if they come covered.

The management chain in my team is dropping like flies: my manager is leaving, his manager left last week and his manager's manager has gone on sabbatical. I don't know how I feel about all this because once management starts shifting, the whole team culture does too and it can go either way (good or bad). It's happened to me in previous companies and every single time, I ended up with managers I absolutely disliked.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.