What’s annoying you right now? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the comments on news articles about the UC cut and how awful people are.
They make me feel like I should just kill myself because I physically and mentally can't work.
I saw someone on tiktok saying they got 1400 per month in benefits and couldnt afford to live(not sure what ones) and the comments were vile! Some bag was moaning they had a total monthly take home of 4k and ppl should just work harder.

These ppl cant smell their own BS!

Im not on benefits. All my life I've fallen just outside the cut off for anything that would benefit me financially and my take home is very average. Luckily we have a decent mortgage so can afford to save each month but if something expensive breaks, it's still going to be a struggle.

I have no problem with benefits being paid to ppl who need it. For 1, they have to apply and meet criteria. I dont police that, its not an honesty box.
Not only that but if you compare the amount of fraudulent benefit claims there are, its absolutely insignificant when compared to tax evasion and avoidance.

It upsets me so much to see ppl bickering and arguing about it as ppl claiming are NOT the problem in this country and they have been demonised by the government and media for decades

I hate this "work harder" attitude. My boss has it and I've worked 50-60 hour weeks for 12 months (normally 40) with no overtime or time in lieu and no payrise. So tell me if working harder equates more money, then wtf?

Reactions: 5
"women over 35 cannot safely have children (deformities/mental defects)" A lot more of the population would have "deformities or mental defects" if that were true. In the days when birth control was less reliable or available, women would go on having children right up till the menopause, it's not like it's new

Reactions: 3
I saw someone on tiktok saying they got 1400 per month in benefits and couldnt afford to live(not sure what ones) and the comments were vile! Some bag was moaning they had a total monthly take home of 4k and ppl should just work harder.

These ppl cant smell their own BS!

Im not on benefits. All my life I've fallen just outside the cut off for anything that would benefit me financially and my take home is very average. Luckily we have a decent mortgage so can afford to save each month but if something expensive breaks, it's still going to be a struggle.

I have no problem with benefits being paid to ppl who need it. For 1, they have to apply and meet criteria. I dont police that, its not an honesty box.
Not only that but if you compare the amount of fraudulent benefit claims there are, its absolutely insignificant when compared to tax evasion and avoidance.

It upsets me so much to see ppl bickering and arguing about it as ppl claiming are NOT the problem in this country and they have been demonised by the government and media for decades

I hate this "work harder" attitude. My boss has it and I've worked 50-60 hour weeks for 12 months (normally 40) with no overtime or time in lieu and no payrise. So tell me if working harder equates more money, then wtf?
The attitude to people ' on benefits ' is horrible . People seem to forget that people on benefits also pay vat at 20% like everyone else, ( on vatable purchases) so even the freeloaders contribute to the economy.

Also , a lot universal credit claimants are employed.

Working harder to get more money is an absolute misconception in a lot of jobs, especially for an employee. Often , your wages are a set amount, and don't fluctuate depending on whether someone is a bit of a skiver or rushed off their feet..

However, I do quite think of work smarter not harder.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
"women over 35 cannot safely have children (deformities/mental defects)" A lot more of the population would have "deformities or mental defects" if that were true. In the days when birth control was less reliable or available, women would go on having children right up till the menopause, it's not like it's new
also the way they portray the stats are ridiculous. People think it's an x amount chance but actually goes up by x amount so for example instead of a 0.05% chance you have a 0.1% chance. Does my head in

The attitude to people ' on benefits ' is horrible . People seem to forget that people on benefits also pay vat at 20% like everyone else, ( on vatable purchases) so even the freeloaders contribute to the economy.

Also , a lot universal credit claimants are employed.

Working harder to get more money is an absolute misconception in a lot of jobs, especially for an employee. Often , your wages are a set amount, and don't fluctuate depending on whether someone is a bit of a skiver or rushed off their feet..

However, I do quite think of work smarter not harder.
I think its awful when people who work still have to rely on benefits and still cant afford essentials. Its absolutely heart breaking when you hear about people in professions like nurses.

Yet the government say just ask your employer for more money? Good luck mate!

Even really wealthy ppl can find themselves on their knees! I have seen ppl absolutely destitute because they were in hospital for so many months their well paying job had stopped paying sick pay. She had a huge detached house, a brand new audi. Her whole world fell apart because she was seriously ill. She told me her family would have been better off if she had died (life insurance)

Its easy to sit calling ppl out but you just never know when your whole life could change!

Reactions: 4
All the comments on news articles about the UC cut and how awful people are.
They make me feel like I should just kill myself because I physically and mentally can't work.
I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s mostly the stupid and ignorant who comment under articles on social media and that it’s not a true representation of what most people think. Please try to ignore them, most of them have no idea what they’re talking about hence why they’re sat on Facebook passing judgment instead of being the ones who make the rules (thank duck).

It’s the fact that they (or at least they used to) call a pregnancy in a woman over 35 a ‘geriatric pregnancy’ that gets me. Geriatric at 35, ffs.

• Heart
It’s the fact that they (or at least they used to) call a pregnancy in a woman over 35 a ‘geriatric pregnancy’ that gets me. Geriatric at 35, ffs.
They still do call it that, my friend is 35 and wants to have a baby and keeps getting called "geriatric" by everyone in the medical field 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
I am bloody furious - I found out this afternoon that my husband's brother died of Covid last year aged 62 and I had to tell him I found out about it on fb through a mutual friend who said today, sorry to hear about your BIL but only just found out. (You found out before we did). We had a bit of a fall out 2 years ago when their mother died and his Billy Bullshit son took over all the funeral arrangements and I said we did not like what he was doing but he went ahead and we did not go as it was so over the top.
This is so upsetting but I am not going to comment as Billy Bulshit has kept his fathers fb page as his father posted good stuff on there but hopefully I can forget about it or I might get banned from fb one night. My husband will keep it to himself but underneath he will be quite upset.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I am bloody furious - I found out this afternoon that my husband's brother died of Covid last year aged 62 and I had to tell him I found out about it on fb through a mutual friend who said today, sorry to hear about your BIL but only just found out. (You found out before we did). We had a bit of a fall out 2 years ago when their mother died and his Billy Bullshit son took over all the funeral arrangements and I said we did not like what he was doing but he went ahead and we did not go as it was so over the top.
This is so upsetting but I am not going to comment as Billy Bulshit has kept his fathers fb page as his father posted good stuff on there but hopefully I can forget about it or I might get banned from fb one night. My husband will keep it to himself but underneath he will be quite upset.
I’m so sorry you and your husband had to find out like that. Same thing happened to me when I was a teenager and my paternal grandfather passed. I only found out through a family friend due to being estranged from my dad. Not one member of his family thought to tell us. I put on a brave face but was very hurt and angry deep down as I’d always got on really well with my grandad (he was the only one from that side that had any time for me and my younger brother). ❤

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m wide awake after falling asleep at 10. Hate waking up in the middle of the night. Must’ve subconsciously had a horrible dream as my heart was racing. Just hate it

• Heart
Grumpy husband. We have a day off work. The world is our oyster. We have managed to score some petrol. He doesn’t want to do anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Our car wouldn’t start this morning so my husband needed to phone a taxi to get to work which will probably come to £30 and now I have to phone a mechanic to come round and look at the car, praying it won’t cost a fortune whatever’s wrong with it 😩

• Sad
my mum blasting the radio downstairs which I can hear upstairs over my uni lecture. I'm in uni for 2 hours can't you wait?!

• Sad
I know I’m really lucky to have a job but today is one of those days I wish I didn’t have a job 😭

• Sad
When you text some straight back, I mean within seconds of receiving a message, and they then don't reply for hours. The phone would still be in your hands!! And you text me first, surely you wait for a reply for a bit at least?! Or is that just me?!

Reactions: 14
People who keep making excuses for how government, media, NHS, GPs etc and so on are acting. Don't they realise the more you normalise this absolute tit the more it will happen? What is it going to take for some people to see what is right under their noses?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.