What’s annoying you right now? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never understood it ever. Same as when you walk into a cafe/restaurant and the waiter/waitress shows you to a table right next to others (pre pandemic) even though they're probably told to do it, or a person or family sits at the next table when there's loads free. Or when someone sits near you on a bus or train despite empty seats. Or, and this might just be me, when you wait in a supermarket for your shopping partner to come back to you. You can stand near the most popular product or the worst deal in the history of the world; at least one person will sidle up and almost silently demand you move so they can browse through a product that they never buy. Worst for me is when there are 3 urinals and a bloke chooses the middle one. No way can you have a normal and uncreepy wee while he's there.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was due a parcel this morning between 8-12pm and its still not arrived. Checked the tracking and its not even in the right country :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 3
There is a fair thing on today and I asked husband if he fancied going after he got back from work , so we were going to go . Fast forward to this weekend he said he was going to look at a car that someone he knows is selling . After work , he turns up back at home cos the bloke selling it has gone out to do stuff. And husband said he might be going to the pub with his mate later.

This morning I went to that fair thing with the kids for a little while but it wasn't the same.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I've been at work all morning, got home and it's a mess, partner is in bed on the phone and the kids aren't dressed.
Guess I'll do all the house work now then.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
I’m pre annoyed about having to drive through town later when all I’m seeing is reports on local sites about traffic chaos caused by people panic buying fuel.
Not in the uk but what the hell is happening with the fuel? 😭

People that have a different best friend every few weeks. Every single time it's gushy posts about how when friends become family etc. Today's was "the best day making memories (🤢 in itself) with Auntie so and so. Nothing beats when friends become family. We are so lucky to have you. The kids adore you ❤ " but few weeks ago it was a different Auntie So and So, then the previous one never gets mentioned again. Can't be that great family 🤪

Reactions: 8
Probably because he is annoyed at himself for not being able to end a toxic relashipship.
That’s a bit harsh and quite a big thing to make an assumption about. Our relationship isn’t toxic. What’s toxic is how his mother doesn’t once think of him even on his birthday, and only ever messages him when she needs money, that’s what’s toxic.

Reactions: 1
That’s a bit harsh and quite a big thing to make an assumption about. Our relationship isn’t toxic. What’s toxic is how his mother doesn’t once think of him even on his birthday, and only ever messages him when she needs money, that’s what’s toxic.
I'm pretty sure thats what Purrr meant, his toxic relationship with his mother.....
I have a MIL who is the samez glad it's not just us! They have been out of contact for years before. Its frustrating she can use us like a bank and is narcissistic and self centered but she has no one else in this world and she my husband's only family left.

• Heart
My husband.

We've had a big chat this week about a) widening the kids food repertoire and getting them eating more than just chicken nuggets and b) using what's in our cupboards and not wasting food.

Tonight I made a pasta sauce with ingredients for the cupboard. Nothing fancy but nice I thought. I knew the kids would be 50/50 on eating it so only gave them a small amount and served other things they like on the sides. They actually looked like they were going to give it a go...

Until their Dad took two bites, loudly announced he didn't like it and pushed his plate away. That was it then, the kids did the same and just ate the bits they liked.

And then he got crappy with me for being upset about the way he'd acted over it. If he'd had pushed it round his plate for a bit, not eating it but encouraging the kids to try theirs it would have been better. Instead he did the exact thing that he's been moaning at the kids for doing.

He's been a bit tit in general recently.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

Goodness, I would never say something like that. I meant his mother is toxic. He isn't angry at you, but at himself because he lets himself get used

The amount of traffic! went to buy groceries (store was ‘15’ mins away) and was Away for 6 hours! The return was THREE AND A HALF HOURS as opposed to 15 mins

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I have an in person meeting coming up. It definitely doesn’t need to be done in person but I get a feeling the leader misses human to human interaction. ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My housemate's fan - it's been on non-stop for hours and he'll keep the fucker on all night. We share a wall and when he puts it on it's too noisy for me to sleep so I don't know how he manages to. It feels like I've got a pneumatic drill in my skull.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The fact that I went ahead and spent money on new work clothes because I'm due to return to the office next week. All this money spent to just go and sit next to people I dislike for 8 hours straight. Smh.

I'm fine working from home away from them and comfortable in my jeans & t-shirt.

Also, I had a crepe during my outing and there was a nail in it!!!!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I was brought up in central London. I moved to the outskirts a few years ago. I would like to leave completely. Haven’t been into London since March 20. My husband persuaded me that I ought to. I went today. I went with an open mind, It’s still a shithole. I am annoyed that our once great capital city is still a monumental shithole. Dirty streets, drunks/junkies lying around, poor service, rude people.

Reactions: 5
I was brought up in central London. I moved to the outskirts a few years ago. I would like to leave completely. Haven’t been into London since March 20. My husband persuaded me that I ought to. I went today. I went with an open mind, It’s still a shithole. I am annoyed that our once great capital city is still a monumental shithole. Dirty streets, drunks/junkies lying around, poor service, rude people.
It's probably always been like that really!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.