What’s annoying you right now? #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The layout of this damn house. I love my house, but whoever designed it was an idiot.

The living room is long and narrow, and there’s only one place to put a TV which is in one of the corners and your view from the other end of the room is blocked by the chimney breast. The master bedroom is similar shape as it’s just straight above it and so the bed can only go in one place - which is only just big enough for a double bed, and leaves a lot of “dead space” on the other side of the chimney breast because that’s where the door is. The master is big enough theoretically for an en-suite to be added but the windows are on each short wall so you’d lose so much light by doing it; and you’d lose so much space if you put it on the long wall you’d get no other bedroom furniture in. There’s no where to put a toilet roll holder on the wall in the bathroom because the toilet is so close to the wall and door and there’s nowhere to put a washing basket (for moving clothes, the plastic holey ones) because all the cupboards are too small. There’s also nowhere really to put a laundry basket in our bedroom because of where the fitted wardrobe is. And the office/third bedroom is big enough for a single but the layout again means that you can just get a bed and a bookcase in there (no way to put a dresser in without getting the drawers stuck).
You need one of these
Amazon product

Reactions: 2
Job hunting!

Moved 163 miles away from home two months ago with a job lined up - only for said job to fall through.
I’ve applied for every job out there and I’ve only had one interview - didn’t get the job.

My partner is manager at his job and has vacancies going. We’ve spoken about me working there, but nothing has come of it and he keeps telling me ‘you’ll find a job soon’

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The fact that there are salt and vinegar hula hoops in my multipack of hula hoops. Who even eats those?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
If I don’t get what I want to do done really early I just spend all day mardy and procrastinating then waste the day 🙄 Trying to stop today being one of those days.
I'm exactly the same, if I don't get what I want to, done early then the rest of the day is me sitting stressed out because im overwhelmed. I drive me nuts

I’ve felt rubbish since my second jab 😞 Keep getting shivers, full of cold and feel run down. Got no energy to do anything
I have lost count how often I hear this. I know we have a thread on periods since the vaccine but it would be good to know how many are feeling run down since they had it.

Most of the people I know who had the vaccine seem to have caught covid right after. one or two coincidence, but its a lot more than one or two

• Heart
Reactions: 3
And this as well:

Amazon product

They make one with an iPad stand as well lol. Just search “toilet paper reserve and dispenser.”
Ohh fancy basket! We got a freestanding loo roll holder a few weeks ago which works ok but is still a pain to place. Currently sits in front of the loo until we use it then it gets moved to the side in front of the bin.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Slightly burned my forehead while using the hairdryer. Thankfully only looks and feels like mild sunburn.

• Sad
"I will just put these here for a moment so I don't lose them and will know where they are" :(

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm exactly the same, if I don't get what I want to, done early then the rest of the day is me sitting stressed out because im overwhelmed. I drive me nuts

I have lost count how often I hear this. I know we have a thread on periods since the vaccine but it would be good to know how many are feeling run down since they had it.

Most of the people I know who had the vaccine seem to have caught covid right after. one or two coincidence, but its a lot more than one or two
Bib that's because the delta variant is transmitter far quicker and is far more infectious than previous variants and which is why being vaccinated is by far more sensible than not.

I felt terrible after by 2nd dose but I'm thankful to be vaccinated

Bib that's because the delta variant is transmitter far quicker and is far more infectious than previous variants and which is why being vaccinated is by far more sensible than not.

I felt terrible after by 2nd dose but I'm thankful to be vaccinated
Most of the people I am talking about were vaccinated before Delta. Care workers, older people. vulnerable. My friend died after having AZ in early Feb.

Moving on.. I'm pissed off with myself that I have only done a fraction of what I wanted to do today.

• Sad
It’s so annoying! I managed to get what I wanted done though and felt better for it. I read somewhere to try and approach your day in quarters to make it less daunting. I wrote off the morning quarter but tackled the others.

Currently annoyed at the little tw*t’s around here setting fireworks off for the past week. Thankfully my dog is mutton Jeff now he’s older.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
There’s this relentless clicking/tapping noise outside coming from somewhere down the street. No idea what it is but it’s keeping me awake.

• Sad
Arrived at work at 7 minutes past 7 and got the last parking space again. This is bleeping ridiculous.
Edit- also if someone can enlighten me as to why the only person in this damn hospital other than the chief exec who has a reserved parking space with a bollard in front of it is the lady who opens our medical school building then please let me know. All those nurses, HCAs, front line ward staff, we all have to fight for our spots and turn up two hours before our shifts but she just waltzes up, removes her little metal chain and swans on in.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I’m struggling and I’ve got no choice but to put a brave face on and get on with it. The one person I want to confide in is the person who made me feel this way in the first place. 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.