What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How expensive shopping is. I popped to Asda to return a parcel so decided to just grab some essentials today cleaning bits and a little food. £35 and duck all to show for it 😬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
People gatekeeping valuing/loving animals because you're not a vegan/vegetarian

Honestly, kindly duck off

Reactions: 6
My family.

Why can’t we just have one day out where nobody ends up screaming at each other and everything goes according to plan?

We’ve just turned back on our drive to the park after OH blew his top (he’s usually the calm one) and I’m hiding away upstairs from them all now with a splitting headache. 😑

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
This might offend people who have this approach so look away if you’re into ‘gental parenting/positive parenting’

i followed a few pages on instagram because i do want to be a good parent and raise a well balanced kid and possibly not make the same mistakes my parents/their generation did (not that I think they did anything bad, but kept seeing how millenials are soft etc and blamed their parenting

honestly though seeing a few of the posts and i’m like WTF, if you take the approach of these so called ‘experts’ imo you will be raising very fragile/soft and self entitled humans.

i came to this conclusion seeing the kids around me (friends/family)who have no manners, who are self entitled and think the world should revolve around them and generally brats and the one thing they all have in common!? their parents all use the gentle parenting approach of never telling them off, always letting them have a say in EVERYTHING.

don’t get me wrong some aspects i like, i do want my daughters to talk about their feelings and be open but at the same time, if they do something wrong they need to be told off, and have consequences for their actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm so exhausted, kids were both up the crack of dawn and I can't go for a pee without my toddler screaming or my baby crying the house down

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This might offend people who have this approach so look away if you’re into ‘gental parenting/positive parenting’

i followed a few pages on instagram because i do want to be a good parent and raise a well balanced kid and possibly not make the same mistakes my parents/their generation did (not that I think they did anything bad, but kept seeing how millenials are soft etc and blamed their parenting

honestly though seeing a few of the posts and i’m like WTF, if you take the approach of these so called ‘experts’ imo you will be raising very fragile/soft and self entitled humans.

i came to this conclusion seeing the kids around me (friends/family)who have no manners, who are self entitled and think the world should revolve around them and generally brats and the one thing they all have in common!? their parents all use the gentle parenting approach of never telling them off, always letting them have a say in EVERYTHING.

don’t get me wrong some aspects i like, i do want my daughters to talk about their feelings and be open but at the same time, if they do something wrong they need to be told off, and have consequences for their actions.
I have family members whose kids are brats! No manners! Scream at you! Hit you! No respect whatsoever! One even bit me & l mean a proper bite left teeth marks & broke the skin! I was too shocked. The child laughed & said “I Bite You!” Was he told it was wrong? No! He is showing his affection! Affection by biting! I don’t think so!

Another family member fell out with you when you told her child off when he was younger. He has zero respect for her now. Suspended from school. Caught with weed at school. Ran away because she told him off! He swore at my kids at a family do & l told him off. Told him it was very rude & he was behaving like a spoilt brat. He was shocked at first & apologised. She was raging but l didn’t care. Fed up with his behaviour & her making excuses.

Kids can be brought up to be respectful, polite & have manners. To know right from wrong without being smacked.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Kids can be brought up to be respectful, polite & have manners. To know right from wrong without being smacked.
Honestly this is key. I see so many people saying that you should be strict with parenting (which is no doubt true but in the sense that you need to be consistent) but then they basically talk about borderline abusive behaviours towards their children as a way to parent. I honestly feel sorry for their children

• Heart
I have family members whose kids are brats! No manners! Scream at you! Hit you! No respect whatsoever! One even bit me & l mean a proper bite left teeth marks & broke the skin! I was too shocked. The child laughed & said “I Bite You!” Was he told it was wrong? No! He is showing his affection! Affection by biting! I don’t think so!

Another family member fell out with you when you told her child off when he was younger. He has zero respect for her now. Suspended from school. Caught with weed at school. Ran away because she told him off! He swore at my kids at a family do & l told him off. Told him it was very rude & he was behaving like a spoilt brat. He was shocked at first & apologised. She was raging but l didn’t care. Fed up with his behaviour & her making excuses.

yep completely agree, i never condone any kind of abusive parenting, but if my child is being being a brat or doing something wrong she will be told off, none of this ‘let them have it out’ crap the parenting pages try to shove down mums throats

one example of a post i have seen is

if your child is having a tantrum, tell them its ok to be feeling those feelings

Like really!? Then they will think that kind of behaviour is always ok and its not ok, definitely not for me anyways, my child wont be getting her way with yelling and screaming and throwing herself on the floor

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Women who value the opinions of men over other women. Also constantly finding enemies in other women, finding fault and just saying “ah well men are just easier to be around! 😎
It really gets me going.

Reactions: 13
Reading the agenda for a charity event I'm going to tomorrow. I don't think it is now a charity event but more of a hostage situation.

"Guests will arrive NO EARLIER than 2:55pm and you WILL NOT be admitted any later than 3:05pm" Good luck checking in 150 guests in the space of ten minutes!

"Guests with the GOLD PACKAGE will attend the WEST SUIT. Tickets WILL be checked. If you have SILVER or BRONZE you WILL go to the EAST SUIT. DO NOT MESS THIS UP!"

"Our opening reception will take place at 5:00pm NO EARLIER, DO NOT ASK FOR EARLY ACCESS!!! You will be asked to LEAVE if you try to access the event ANY EARLIER. YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!"

You know what, I don't want to go now. Any instruction sent to me in capital letters with added red angry faces is something I don't want to be apart of, especially as they are trying to run a "professional charity event"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Reading the agenda for a charity event I'm going to tomorrow. I don't think it is now a charity event but more of a hostage situation.

"Guests will arrive NO EARLIER than 2:55pm and you WILL NOT be admitted any later than 3:05pm" Good luck checking in 150 guests in the space of ten minutes!

"Guests with the GOLD PACKAGE will attend the WEST SUIT. Tickets WILL be checked. If you have SILVER or BRONZE you WILL go to the EAST SUIT. DO NOT MESS THIS UP!"

"Our opening reception will take place at 5:00pm NO EARLIER, DO NOT ASK FOR EARLY ACCESS!!! You will be asked to LEAVE if you try to access the event ANY EARLIER. YOU HAVE BEEN TOLD!"

You know what, I don't want to go now. Any instruction sent to me in capital letters with added red angry faces is something I don't want to be apart of, especially as they are trying to run a "professional charity event"
I’d be giving it a miss personally 😂

Reactions: 8

Please go and report back , is the organiser Monica Geller?

• Haha
It’s annoying me that, notwithstanding first class research skills, trying to find Antonio in Rome is like looking for a needle in a haystack. On a positive note I’ve met some charming Antonios via Insta while trying to apologize to someone on here who I fear I may have unintentionally offended, but don’t want to play this out on the thread we have both been contributing to. I would leave my email address but don’t think it’s allowed. So here goes, Gentile Sig. @Antonio I hope you read this. No need to acknowledge it but please forgive my two careless remarks which may have hurt your feelings! I have really enjoyed our exchanges on Tattle. Pliny 🕊

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My partners utter inability to wash the pots properly. Got to the point where I cant let him do them. Firstly he soaks the stuff that doesnt need soaking and leaves the dried/caked up pots sitting there. Then he will walk off and leave it all half way through like hes forgot what hes doing. Doesnt use hot water. Barely any washing up liquid. Uses a washing up brush (for scrubbing) instead of a cloth. If he does use a cloth he leaves it laying on the side not hanging up to dry off. And the stacking, dear lord, the stacking on the drying rack brings me to tears. 99% of any pots he 'washes' come out dirtier than they go in and I have to rewash everything.

Now all of this to an outsider proobably seems petty but at work (we work in a cafe together) if I stack a cup 1mm off-centre in the dishwasher all hell breaks loose. And I mean, full on tantrum about efficiency and cleanliness 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♂️

• Wow
  • Haha
The eldest has cracked his new phone. It was only just a month ago I moaned on here because we’d seen he’d cracked his old one and he couldn’t admit to when he’d done it, just said he had no recollection.

His dad managed to replace it for another (newer) one at his work, giving him a lecture to look after this one. This was a week ago. I’ve just put it on charge for him and noticed a massive crack from top to bottom! 🤬 he’s been in ALL week except one day when he was out with me, so he’s done it in the house. That boy is going to regret waking up in the morning!

• Sad
I want a takeaway but my body is saying the takeaway don’t want me 🤣 lockdown
body is still here 😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.