What's annoying you right now? #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Family members who expect you to drop everything when they announce they will be staying in a hotel in the area. They can shove it. All for show & l really can’t be bothered with it anymore. Ive already said l think l will have to self isolate.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Reason I am awake now, Halloween is getting earlier and earlier. Like can they just get a bleeping life, my poor dog is terrified. Scags.
Not sure it has anything to do with Halloween or even Bonfire Night - seems fireworks are now for any and every occasion. Please keep your dog safe, it is so unfair on pets.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Whilst I was trying and failing to get to sleep earlier there was a power cut in my house. Got up to investigate and the lights still work so something must have tripped it rather than it being an external issue. I would go flip the switches myself, but the cupboard it’s in is full of spiders this time of year and the switch box thing is difficult for me to reach and I don’t really fancy dealing with that at this time of night/morning! Ideally I need my partner to do it but I don’t really want to wake him as he’s been tossing and turning all night as it is and it’s not like this is an emergency.

Problem is now I definitely can’t sleep because of the power cut, I’m worrying about all the food in the fridge/freezer but I’m sure it’ll be fine for a few hours until my partner gets up? I mean it’s not ideal but I’d imagine the insulation of the thing will keep things decently cool until later. It’s probably not a good idea for me to drain my phone battery by using 4G when I have no way to charge it rn but what else is there to to at nearly half 4 in the morning.

Whilst I was trying and failing to get to sleep earlier there was a power cut in my house. Got up to investigate and the lights still work so something must have tripped it rather than it being an external issue. I would go flip the switches myself, but the cupboard it’s in is full of spiders this time of year and the switch box thing is difficult for me to reach and I don’t really fancy dealing with that at this time of night/morning! Ideally I need my partner to do it but I don’t really want to wake him as he’s been tossing and turning all night as it is and it’s not like this is an emergency.

Problem is now I definitely can’t sleep because of the power cut, I’m worrying about all the food in the fridge/freezer but I’m sure it’ll be fine for a few hours until my partner gets up? I mean it’s not ideal but I’d imagine the insulation of the thing will keep things decently cool until later. It’s probably not a good idea for me to drain my phone battery by using 4G when I have no way to charge it rn but what else is there to to at nearly half 4 in the morning.
We had a power cut last night external

It is kind of an emergency if you don't want the food to go to waste

The eldest has cracked his new phone. It was only just a month ago I moaned on here because we’d seen he’d cracked his old one and he couldn’t admit to when he’d done it, just said he had no recollection.

His dad managed to replace it for another (newer) one at his work, giving him a lecture to look after this one. This was a week ago. I’ve just put it on charge for him and noticed a massive crack from top to bottom! 🤬 he’s been in ALL week except one day when he was out with me, so he’s done it in the house. That boy is going to regret waking up in the morning!
I don't have kids, so I maybe missing the point, but isn't this easy to solve. Make him pay for a new phone, or make him do without for six months.

He will soon learn to be more careful.

Reactions: 8
I don't have kids, so I maybe missing the point, but isn't this easy to solve. Make him pay for a new phone, or make him do without for six months.

Or put a screen protector on

Reactions: 2
I'm not well, thursday night I got an hours sleep, had a good nights sleep friday as I was that knackered. Last night I finished work at 11pm and literally read all night, kept putting my book down to sleep but it wasnt happening so just got up at half 4 as my alarm goes off at 5. I feel like by 10am I am going to be dying.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
DOMs. I didn’t stretch after my workout yesterday because I did arms with low weights (Mr Muscle) so thought I would be fine. I’m like the old impulse advert.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Insomnia. Been awake all night and now it's a normal time to rise on a Sunday, I could easily sleep for 8h.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I do have kids and grandkids. All phones have good protection (kids are kids) but if they break it they either have to pay for a new one or wait till their birthday etc. Kids (most ) never look after things properly when they didn't buy them.

Reactions: 3
Mr B's colleague has tested positive for Covid so he went for a PCR yesterday. Results are taking up to 48 hours to process so we've had to cancel lunch at my mum's house. Cue one very upset gran and two upset grandchildren.

Small biscuits in the grand scale of things but they haven't seen each other in almost a month. They usually see each other at least once a week.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I saved up for 5 months, bought a garden set (nothing posh, just two basic chairs and a little table) and ...... it's still in the box as I'm waiting for one of the family to set it all up for us. (I can't due to health situation).

This is probably the last bits of sunshine for this year, bit gutted now :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My mate just texted to say she is coming round later for a catch up. I wanted to spend the rest of the day on my own keeping up with tattle 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.