What’s annoying you right now? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from my rant about car insurance prices yesterday, feeling the same about car prices!
Insurance I’ve looked at is doing a valuation 6k less than asking price for car I want (how does that even work? Want to make sure not being ripped off)
Another car I had seen actually had 10,000 more miles than advertised so again felt overpriced but no idea what I actually should be paying 🤣
Car prices are insane at the minute. I used to buy 8- 10 year old cars for about 2 grand , now cars the same age and condition are about 5 grand.

Reactions: 2
Dreams beds who have not only kept me waiting over three months for my bed frame but they phoned to say they'd be here at 7.15am as mine was the first delivery on the list, so I got up at 6.15 to put everything away and make space for them. Not a sign of them yet :mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Car prices are insane at the minute. I used to buy 8- 10 year old cars for about 2 grand , now cars the same age and condition are about 5 grand.
It’s because there’s a shortage of used cars. Not sure why exactly but I changed mine recently and my pal who’s the car salesmen said used car values are really high so I got a good price on my old one. Swings and roundabouts though as my new one would have been higher!

Dreams beds who have not only kept me waiting over three months for my bed frame but they phoned to say they'd be here at 7.15am as mine was the first delivery on the list, so I got up at 6.15 to put everything away and make space for them. Not a sign of them yet :mad:
I ordered a bed from dreams in 2007. I drove from Eastbourne to Kent using handsfree on hold, didn’t get to speak to anybody.

when you make plans with people and they just don't bother responding 🤷‍♀️
My tit friend asked me on Tuesday if I was busy on Saturday. I came back to her straight away and said I had no plans what do you wanna do? She's read the messages and no response. Either she responds or we don't meet up. It was her idea 🙄

As going to involve me getting a train to London and back I need to know for timings, am I going to need to get the last train back. I've also got a cat to worry about feeding and looking after. If she decides she wants to cancel (I don't care) I could go to London anyway and spend time with family.

I feel ur pain Watermelon Sugar. People are arses.

My tit friend asked me on Tuesday if I was busy on Saturday. I came back to her straight away and said I had no plans what do you wanna do? She's read the messages and no response. Either she responds or we don't meet up. It was her idea 🙄

As going to involve me getting a train to London and back I need to know for timings, am I going to need to get the last train back. I've also got a cat to worry about feeding and looking after. If she decides she wants to cancel (I don't care) I could go to London anyway and spend time with family.

I feel ur pain Watermelon Sugar. People are arses.
Sorry not watermelon sugar I meant @bolimepipi the cute sailor moon dp confused me with her old girl one!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
All my annoyances are car related recently 🤣 mentioned trading in my old car, it wouldn’t start other day and had breakdown people come out (2 hours late) they jump started and says nothing wrong with battery can’t see why it wouldn’t start don’t worry about it should be fine now- I took it for a drive down motorway too, stopped and drove back seemed fine
Just went to go out and won’t start again 🙄 happy to take it to garage myself if they start it again but logistics of taking it with a 6 month old baby when it’s raining like this and garage is a 15 min drive away is giving me a headache 🥴

when you make plans with people and they just don't bother responding 🤷‍♀️
I hate this- people seem so last minute like feel they can text a hour before ‘plans’ and check if you still want to go out like you’re just sat round waiting 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
My anxiety is through the roof today. The builders arrived yesterday to carry out the upgrade of our bathroom, downstairs toilet and electrics (after I was told it would now be next Monday due to delays). I get very anxious with people in my house that are not friends or family, and the fact that my house now looks like a bomb has been dropped on it just heightens that (can’t dealt with clutter and mess, I just want everything back to normal). I’ve hardly slept this week and feel so exhausted. Also my youngest son is very hyperactive and running rings around me. He and older brother keep clashing, all they’ve done is fight and scream and it’s not even 11am yet. My husband hasn’t helped much with moving things and arranging stuff, if anything he leaves the kitchen looking worse than ever in the morning before he goes to work and that’s more crap for me to deal with.

I’m just having a whinge, I’ll be grand after a cup of tea - once the power gets put back on. 🥴

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Got a bit of a bad knee and the PT has had me do lunges, high jump, planks, rower machine all in one session.

• Sad
  • Wow
Got a bit of a bad knee and the PT has had me do lunges, high jump, planks, rower machine all in one session.
Does the PT know about your bad knee? If so they should’ve gone easier on you.

I hurt my knee badly from running a few years ago and it really set me back.

I’ve finally got myself out of bed and thought I’ll see if a bath with a bath bomb makes me feel better. My boyfriend has used my last snow fairy one 🤬🤬🤬 whys he using bath bombs anyway!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
Right in the middle of the torrential rain my wipers stopped working!! This happened about a month ago same situation so thats twice ive had mini heart attacks driving.
Last time I took it to the garage the wrong size wipers(at my old garage) had been put on via cable ties and the well were they sit was full of gunk. My new garage replaced the wipers and gave it all a good clean and they have been fine....until they have stopped in the middle of a downpour yet again.
I cant get it into the garage until next friday as they are short staffed. I'm at work on lates all weekend and all next week. I'm insured to drive my dads car so Im hoping its clear enough to drive it to his when i finish tonight. But im just so pissed off, each time I go to book in for my service does something come up. No idea how much this will cost me.

• Sad
Some absolute weirdo on eBay that last week bidded and won 5 of my items and never paid or responded to my email so I cancelled them all and relisted, and she’s done it again today! Same 5 items all ended this morning and still ‘waiting for payment’, bloody strange woman!

• Wow
  • Angry
My dog who’s almost 15 has started scratching at ALL the kitchen cupboards because she wants a treat and I’ve no idea why she’s started it after 15 years or how to get her to stop. I’ve tried ignoring her, telling her no, and putting her out of the room but she just keeps at it. I’m at my wits end because it’s a brand new kitchen and she’s destroying my cupboards 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Got 3 unavoidable social events coming up in September/October and I’m already so anxious about them. I never have social things planned usually and then it all comes at once! Having to get a new outfit because I have nothing suitable, not being able to find anything I feel comfortable in but having to pick something anyway, having to see people I haven’t seen in ages partly due to the pandemic and partly due to just drifting away from people and worrying I’m going to be that lurker who doesn’t really have anyone to sit with but just ends up following people around the whole time. 2 of the events I’ll be going with my partner and kids so it won’t be so bad but one of them I’ll be going on my own as it’s women only and that’s the one I’m most nervous about. I wish I could just hide from it all without upsetting the people who have invited me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
the fact that i got a work assignment today and wrote my boss that i'm already at 70 pages and she wrote 'just make it clear and concise' 😅 :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Something else thats annoyed me today, the dept had a big meeting to go over why we oppose to the changes in the consultation. I emailed to ask when the notes/minutes would be available only to be told that none were made. Well why was the big head of dept typing on his laptop throughout leaving all the talking to HR then?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.